NineteenNinetyNine

Jul 6, 2022
The writing was 8.5/10 before the departure. More descriptive and with personality and generally hotter. The new scenes have more basic writing. Passable at like 6.5-ish level, but there's not much point in reading them anymore. It's not evocative, memorable, or add more to the scene. Sierra wrote in senses like smell, touch, temperature, and noise, but the new text is just lewd dialogue and talking about getting filled up.

In short... anyone know what Sierra's up to?

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
As much as I love shitting on this game Sierra was just the writer. She had nothing to do with the art, coding, etc. Her leaving definitely effected the development but let's be real, writing about some chick becoming an orc cumdump isn't exactly high tier literature.

The real issue is that the game has no direction. Sabia is still stuck in her shitty tent and has made zero progress towards her goal of revenge, the art is getting worse, and the dev doesn't seem to understand the concept of repeatable scenes which should be simple to implement since this game is using Ren'py.
I think Sierra worked on the coding too. NDS joined the team later on and no other person was mentioned working on the game.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
The writing was 8.5/10 before the departure. More descriptive and with personality and generally hotter. The new scenes have more basic writing. Passable at like 6.5-ish level, but there's not much point in reading them anymore. It's not evocative, memorable, or add more to the scene. Sierra wrote in senses like smell, touch, temperature, and noise, but the new text is just lewd dialogue and talking about getting filled up.

this her discord server, she is working on The last Sovereign, a game with way better writing. It is also baffling how much stuff she pulled out while Nomo and team where sleeping

Reactions: oshkoshdorosh

lostone2

Jul 1, 2017

this her discord server, she is working on The last Sovereign, a game with way better writing. It is also baffling how much stuff she pulled out while Nomo and team where sleeping
Be aware that she is rarely active in that Discord channel. She really doesn't have the time for that.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019

Check out her Patreon or Discord.
She also has a couple novels published.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
Not too far away from May and there's total radio silence on their Patreon, the latest update isn't even mentioned in their blog, lmao.

Guess they're going all-in on their little echo chamber Discord server, kind of pathetic but also funny.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
Not too far away from May and there's total radio silence on their Patreon, the latest update isn't even mentioned in their blog, lmao.

Guess they're going all-in on their little echo chamber Discord server, kind of pathetic but also funny.
They might be considering what to do since their patreon counts dropped significantly

Serena

Aug 13, 2017
So, While I waited to get an update from the devs I actually gave some games that were recommend by People in this thread and some others a shot. Karryn's Prisons, Third Crisis and just now started playing Saria Reclaimed.
Now let's start with Karryn's prison it was a solid game all around. The corruption started slowly and by the end even tho my character was strong enough to take out the enemies normally, I had no choice but to defeat them sexual because Karryn's mind was super corrupted at that even I wanted to fight the enemies but her desires made it difficult and honestly that is how corruption works, the characters wants to something else but can't do it because of their desires. The passives that you unlock is an amazing system that might look useless but plays an important role in Karryn's behavior, if they are more on the lewd side, the more corrupted Karryn is and thus will be prone on doing and enjoying lewd things. The story was okay, I was not expecting that the final villain/boss will be (find out by yourself, his name doesn't start with Y, I am talking about eyepatchy) really came out of nowhere. Still I thought he didn't have much to do with the story and I liked how he turned out at the end. Nothing feels forced in this game, you can beat the prisoners if that how you want to play, you can be lewd, or you can do both. The higher difficult was a lot of fun to play on I played on hardcore and I lost first the first time but then I got the hang of it. Now this game implements a lot mechanics really well the combat, edict system and passive all work together to give you a satisfying feeling like a game should. OVERALL 9.85/10 (the story sort of lacks for me personally but overall the game has nice eroge and combat and their is not much to be expected from the story I mean it is about a lady trying to keep a prison in check and all).

Third Crisis:
Also very good, The game although feels like really rushes the corruption part and it kind of feels forced but still happens over the course of time, the bimbofication/ or hunger for sex I guess sets in slowly and really feels nice. You can actually get out of the city without getting too perverted or you can do the opposite you can become super perverted and do it instead. Now my most favorite route was the street whore route too bad it has an ending like I would've much preferred it the devs had integrated the drugs into the gameplay as a whole through that route instead of keeping it only exclusive to it. One of my most favorite scene from this game is in this route the foursome. So well done. Jenna slowly starts craving more and more cock to the point where she forgets she is a lesbian, though I did dislike some scenes that were forced but I guess that happened because I was waaay to perverted than what the game had anticipated the player would be from a story point of view. Still it is a great game with multiple ends and routes, corruption and bimbofication. Overall (8.5/10)

Saria Reclaimed:
The start reminded me of COC (Corruption of champions) their are so many possibilities. I have unfortunately not progressed that far into the game, and haven't reached the end of the current build but the start and the seemingly endless possibilities were enough for me to give it a shout out here. Like just because of this I am actually going to say that Overall it sits at (9/10).

If you haven't played these games yet I recommend that you do give them a chance and see what they have to offer. Thanks to BigBiggieBig for recommending Saria Reclaimed and I think Karryn's prison as well.

Last edited:

scheriel

Dec 30, 2018
I don't know how you guys feel about this game in it's current state, but I don't think I will download any of the future updates anymore. I might play the fully released game, but I guess we are looking at like a 10+ years development time.

oshkoshdorosh

Mar 31, 2020

You might think so, but even on the discord channel for the game there are a couple mincing inquiries and radio silence. There's just... nothing going on at all on any front.

Reactions: BigBiggieBig

Skarfaze

Aug 28, 2017
When people ask, even in the nicest way it gets ignored. Just dont think people find it worth risking a ban over asking. Which is fucking mental. Imagine fostering such a relation to your paying patreons. Asking for product they love = Ban OMEGALUL.

heehatatt

Jun 2, 2017
Like 99% sure Sierra did the writing, coding, and game design before she left. The game design (how the quests work, how the variables are used to tell a story, etc) are night and day if you compare the content from before and after Sierra left. Coding is hard to say because this game is mostly just basic Ren'py, but I remember Nomo announcing after Sierra's departure that there would be 2 people to replace her, 1 writer and 1 coder, so not really hard to guess that she was the one doing both things before.

Nomo did art, character design, and story draft. By all means KoD is his brainchild, but the decline on being able to turn his ideas into a playable game after Sierra's departure is pretty evident.
Absolutely, it's pretty evident in how in gameplay elements were just abandoned once she left. Gold, stamina, freedom/slave stat, raiding mechanic, combat stats (whens the last time there was even a combat encounter in the game? 2 years?) They said they tried to make a new gameplay system with the bar scene (and all of those variations nomo made that we've haven't got to see) but it seems they failed miserably at that.

Serena

Aug 13, 2017
Can we get the screenshots of what they are saying in the game thread on the discord, please? Just out of curiosity.
From what I can comprehend from this post, nothing. I guess patreons are asking about the update but they are not giving them an answer, radio silence on all fronts, patreon, discord, and their blog. I guess the news will be out soon. "We have decided that KOD is not worth putting in the effort blah blah blah, and we don't want to keep the patreons waiting/ waste their money blah,blah,blah so, we are going to start a new project in blank amount of time." This is still what I think will happen and not to be for granted I am not in their discord or a patreon, they might actually be working on the update but are not telling anything about it because either they know they will get a backlash or they are ashamed to tell them that they have completed the second half of a single quest in 2-3 months.

Feb 13, 2019
From what I can comprehend from this post, nothing. I guess patreons are asking about the update but they are not giving them an answer, radio silence on all fronts, patreon, discord, and their blog. I guess the news will be out soon. "We have decided that KOD is not worth putting in the effort blah blah blah, and we don't want to keep the patreons waiting/ waste their money blah,blah,blah so, we are going to start a new project in blank amount of time." This is still what I think will happen and not to be for granted I am not in their discord or a patreon, they might actually be working on the update but are not telling anything about it because either they know they will get a backlash or they are ashamed to tell them that they have completed the second half of a single quest in 2-3 months.
So i assume the dev abandon the KOD completely?

Mandrake15

Jun 16, 2020
How am I supposed to trigger the bad end with Vehlis being a prisoner in the orc camp? I take her to the event but it just resolves the quest as normal.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes