Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
I don't get it. Where is NOMO? Surely, even the die hard patreon should feel suspicious by now...
Dead, and Ndsferrari with Monsinne desperately trying to cover it up, reusing his previous pics, and hidden, unfinished art. That's what losing patrons did to them. You thought they'll just get discouraged and guilty, but instead they ate Nomo and took his money, so that the blow on their well-being will be softer for some time.

scheriel

Dec 30, 2018
I think we are not too far off from getting some AI imagines updates for this game and I mean official ones commissioned by the Hreinn team. I don't know about Nomos current health status, but AI imagines might be the last thing that would keep this game running. Like hell I would pay a montly subscription to something that doesn't yield any results, but you never know what the majority of their subs think.

Apr 28, 2022
I think we are not too far off from getting some AI imagines updates for this game and I mean official ones commissioned by the Hreinn team. I don't know about Nomos current health status, but AI imagines might be the last thing that would keep this game running. Like hell I would pay a montly subscription to something that doesn't yield any results, but you never know what the majority of their subs think.
Ai images will ruin this game (that is, if the dev doesnt just drop it)

Great730

Oct 3, 2019
People, please tell me how long Nomo has been missing
And I remember they talked here about creating a game similar to the kingdom is it still relevant? I just dream of taking away the faces of the developers when a similar game is released

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
And I remember they talked here about creating a game similar to the kingdom is it still relevant? I just dream of taking away the faces of the developers when a similar game is released
I think the "creating a new game" talk was exclusively by the community here, or at least i don't remember any of the Hreinn dev team ever saying anything like that.

And Nomo has been missing at least since last July. Since the next patch is going to be the second part of the current filler, it is also likely that he is going to be missing that one too. Other details are unclear.

Reactions: nyqz

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Probably hard to motivate yourself to finish when you're getting paid anyways. This is why I dislike patreon model.
I think patreon definitely works better for artists and people who continuously create content. As far as games go I feel fundraising like Kickstarter is just better for both sides: You can raise money beforehand, so you need a vision, a plan, a timetable and a budget. And after having done what you set out to do you can always look into making DLCs or sequels or whatnot.

As for Nomo, pretty sure they have had some serious medical issues since Autumn of last year and it's all pretty private. I don't Nomo is a person who'd lie about that. I think if they were not in the mood to draw anymore they would just say so, and if they could not continue drawing ever they would also say so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enigmanic

Partyboy78

Oct 1, 2018
I think the "creating a new game" talk was exclusively by the community here, or at least i don't remember any of the Hreinn dev team ever saying anything like that.

And Nomo has been missing at least since last July. Since the next patch is going to be the second part of the current filler, it is also likely that he is going to be missing that one too. Other details are unclear.
Since July?

At this point, they need to have just hired a new artist to fill in. Lord knows they make enough money on Patreon with how many people continue to stay subscribed for very little work put out, but this current decision to reuse artwork to the point there are no new scenes, just poorly written dialogue will catch up quickly. Naturally, I get that means for them to actually care about this game as well.

Reactions: JennyW

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
Regarding new artworks, it has been many months now. To check if he is actually dead/missing you gotta look at his activity on their discord server.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Since July?

At this point, they need to have just hired a new artist to fill in. Lord knows they make enough money on Patreon with how many people continue to stay subscribed for very little work put out, but this current decision to reuse artwork to the point there are no new scenes, just poorly written dialogue will catch up quickly. Naturally, I get that means for them to actually care about this game as well.
Nomo isn't just the artist, but the narrative lead, designer and the team leader too, so finding a new artist would be akin to kicking the guy out from his own house. Even if someone would want to argue for this call, it would still mean that the team had to get not only a new artist, but probably multiple other people to fill in the roles. They already lack PR and management completely, i don't think they could handle losing 4 other roles too well.

Reactions: nyqz

Partyboy78

Oct 1, 2018
Nomo isn't just the artist, but the narrative lead, designer and the team leader too, so finding a new artist would be akin to kicking the guy out from his own house. Even if someone would want to argue for this call, it would still mean that the team had to get not only a new artist, but probably multiple other people to fill in the roles. They already lack PR and management completely, i don't think they could handle losing 4 other roles too well.
Ah, I didn't know his role was that over-seeing. But I mean, surely he's able to contribute some of that still whilst having his more involved roles delegated to another person.

Only spit-balling b/c I do want to see this game revert back to its better days. It feels like when we got that story arc of Sabia giving into the Shaman & letting Ylva be used was the last time we got some original art & a good story.

bitchass92

Dec 11, 2020
Ah, I didn't know his role was that over-seeing. But I mean, surely he's able to contribute some of that still whilst having his more involved roles delegated to another person.

Only spit-balling b/c I do want to see this game revert back to its better days. It feels like when we got that story arc of Sabia giving into the Shaman & letting Ylva be used was the last time we got some original art & a good story.
Yeah i too get on a thread from like 6 years ago and don't read asingle thing about the project and just hang tight like sup guys where the new cum covered titties at? its only been 3 years since a real update.

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
Well, praise where it is due: the devs set a release date and they kept it again. Good job.

To get it out of the way too: this is a filler and so is the next patch by the looks of it. Any new real content would be better, but since Hreinn is open about it, i'm not holding it against them at the moment. Feel free to do so for yourself if you want to.

For me this patch is almost decent, but it keeps stumbling at every step, so it's time for another long post and spoilers.

First of all, the concept is great: Sabia being captured by a rival faction. This is a classic idea for a reason. What will she do? Will she submissively bide her time and hope that she made enough friends back in Grok-og Dar to get rescued? Will she try to be tricky and manipulate the orcs to make an opening for herself? Or will she use her wits, skills and endurance to turn the tables and not just escape, but come out with an advantage?
...Or will none of that happen because this is just a filler bad end...

Another example: the orcs purposefully took some of her stuff with her too. Good. The second day they tell her to put on the slave armor. GREAT! Then it gets stripped off for the sex scene again. Facepalm. And they don't even use it's assets for the groping pic either. Headdesk.
I swear these devs either lost the asset files or they are doing this to me intentionally...

And if you choose to attempt to escape, then the first thing Sabia does it to get rid of her slave armor? Why, she has been wearing it since day 5 in my playthrough... But ok, this could have been salvaged: just say that the orcs finally used the damn collar and chain on the armor and tied her to something and that's why she has to strip down. It would give a reason for this day to include this armor, finally actually use the features of this outfit for the first time in 4 years, go for a kink that has been underutilized for years and give Sabia a reason to strip. There is no drawback and it would only cost an extra line or two.

Finally the escape attempt. Naked Sabia running through the woods and getting caught. That's good and all, but i can't help but think that it would have been even better that if you made the right choices then she could escape. Just imagining Sabia walking back to camp completely naked after she's been missing for a few days could be incredible. It could prompt reactions from her friends and enemies, it could be the start of her being able to walk around naked casually or if Nomo was here, he could make a leaf-bikini for Sabia as a new dress.

Unfortunately the setting, while great in concept, also works against this patch as a standalone release. I praised the last patch because it enriched the daily life of Sabia by adding repeatable scenes for her working at different places and including casual sex on the job which fits the theme well. A bad end does not add a lasting experience in the same way. It can be good for the flavor or the setting, but for me the previous patch wins by concept already.

While i'm at it, finally, the interaction that starts this bad end: Neve tells Sabia that she heard disturbing rumors and she thinks that Sabia shouldn't sleep in her own tent for a week.
Once again, i'm immediately drawn to the alternative: skip the bad end and sleep elsewhere. But where exactly? Sleep with Neve? Vehlis? Kia? Lutvrog? One of her other friends, or someone less friendly like her captain? Shaman's grunts? Kira? Avion?
I know that this would be a lot of work, and i know that they don't have too many assets for these, but i can't be the onlyone who wonders what it would be like to have Sabia spend a whole week crashing at one of our favorite NPCs...

I don't know if i'm being to lenient or the oposite and i'm making things worse in my head, but this patch kind of felt like watching my favorite sports team repeatedly barely missing to score a point. It could be good. It wouldn't even need massive adjustemnts or it could be patched in later on, but as it stands, with only the first half of a bad end, this just missed the mark for me.
Your ideas after each new update always make me wish you were designing quests for the game.

Reactions: Jinsoyun and Serena

Partyboy78

Oct 1, 2018
Yeah i too get on a thread from like 6 years ago and don't read asingle thing about the project and just hang tight like sup guys where the new cum covered titties at? its only been 3 years since a real update.
My post history in this thread says otherwise. I have said before I hate the lack of effort & artwork that has gone downhill. But, I also don't read all the posts that end up continuously talking about their grievances with the developers that take up multiple pages.

justletmeinplees

Jan 14, 2021
(Update they released today)
Hey everyone, letting you guys know where we're at.
At the moment, the next part of Sabia's misadventure is going to involve her doing more 'work' for her new orc friends. This is subject to change as we continue to iterate and write it, but currently it will be based in the new camp's version of The Silvertusk.
She'll need to serve and cater to a lot of the orcs in the new camp. There will be a focus on using the CG panels to make it a bit more exciting, as well as a focus on Sabia and the scenes - a bit more linear than the previous tavern filler content. There will still be a few choices for Sabia to continue resisting/standing up for herself, or for you to have Sabia be a bit more meek and agreeable.
I'm thinking about pulling in quite a few different aspects here as well, such as the Ba'ashi outfit and maybe a few other elements that I'm still thinking about/tinkering with.
On a personal note, my (monsinne) grandfather's dementia has progressed significantly in the past few days, and he has to go to the hospital tomorrow. my nan is going to need to sell her house, and 30+ years of hoarded junk from both her and my uncle are going to need to be dealt with. My mum's taking it pretty hard as well. I'll work on KoD as I can but for the next couple of weeks, that might be more sporadic and erratic than I would otherwise like it to be. as such I'm not sure on what I'd like to set as an ETA for this next patch, but I'll say tentatively early/mid march.
Thanks everyone for your continued support.

Reactions: big_shl0m0

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
(Update they released today)
Hey everyone, letting you guys know where we're at.
At the moment, the next part of Sabia's misadventure is going to involve her doing more 'work' for her new orc friends. This is subject to change as we continue to iterate and write it, but currently it will be based in the new camp's version of The Silvertusk.
She'll need to serve and cater to a lot of the orcs in the new camp. There will be a focus on using the CG panels to make it a bit more exciting, as well as a focus on Sabia and the scenes - a bit more linear than the previous tavern filler content. There will still be a few choices for Sabia to continue resisting/standing up for herself, or for you to have Sabia be a bit more meek and agreeable.
I'm thinking about pulling in quite a few different aspects here as well, such as the Ba'ashi outfit and maybe a few other elements that I'm still thinking about/tinkering with.
On a personal note, my (monsinne) grandfather's dementia has progressed significantly in the past few days, and he has to go to the hospital tomorrow. my nan is going to need to sell her house, and 30+ years of hoarded junk from both her and my uncle are going to need to be dealt with. My mum's taking it pretty hard as well. I'll work on KoD as I can but for the next couple of weeks, that might be more sporadic and erratic than I would otherwise like it to be. as such I'm not sure on what I'd like to set as an ETA for this next patch, but I'll say tentatively early/mid march.
Thanks everyone for your continued support.
It's actually real and not a shitpost. Incredible.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Enigmanic
3.90 star(s) 74 Votes