kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Would you say the same about content you don't like but are forced to watch? I somehow doubt that...

Anyway I don't get your complaint. If you play Sabia as a submissive slut, then there are plenty of rape scenes later to please your desires.
I seriously see no reason why in the beginning of the game, where you haven't the options yet to influence Sabia's character, we should be forced into a rape scene. And yeah I get the final "push" could be avoided, still it got close enough.

Also if you don't like games which give the player options, maybe play something else, or just strengthen your tolerance for freedom of choice.;)
I'm pretty sure I would say the same, however, I can't really be sure because I've never been forced to play a game, which is entirely my point. ;)

I actually don't play her as a submissive slut, which is why I like the game starting with the rape scene. It sets the tone for how my mentality is going forward. I trust how it'll all come together in the end, but thought originally it did a good job of setting up the environment of the game.

Also, that last bit doesn't make much sense and really just comes off as petty. Removing a scene entirely isn't the same as giving the player options. And I love freedom of choice, which is precisely why I hate "blah blah [NTR Scene]" "blah blah [Bestiality Scene] "blah blah scene ahead would you like to skip?", it really takes away the weight of your choices when you know what those choices will result in. For example, playing MGA there were choices I would have made if there wasn't a big NTR tag beside it. I don't really like NTR, especially when I care about the characters, but let me fuck up and make the wrong decisions unknowingly, as people and well-written characters usually do. I really love MGA but, even not being a fan of NTR, I would have enjoyed the game far more being "forced" to watch those NTR scenes instead of being warned about them. I like immersive storytelling, not storytelling that walks on eggshells.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Also, that last bit doesn't make much sense and really just comes off as petty. Removing a scene entirely isn't the same as giving the player options. And I love freedom of choice, which is precisely why I hate "blah blah [NTR Scene]" "blah blah [Bestiality Scene] "blah blah scene ahead would you like to skip?", it really takes away the weight of your choices when you know what those choices will result in. For example, playing MGA there were choices I would have made if there wasn't a big NTR tag beside it. I don't really like NTR, especially when I care about the characters, but let me fuck up and make the wrong decisions unknowingly, as people and well-written characters usually do. I really love MGA but, even not being a fan of NTR, I would have enjoyed the game far more being "forced" to watch those NTR scenes instead of being warned about them. I like immersive storytelling, not storytelling that walks on eggshells.
Hah, you are the minority, i already saw too many people drop so many good games because of a simple tag or scene there. Starless (every normie off putting content is there), Euphoria (scat can be turned off), Saya no Uta (rape), you name it. Even vndb has story ruining tags unmarked as spoilers to "warn" people, despite ruining experience for others. I also don't like warnings, Seeds of Chaos is a joke in that department, the choices are so obvious and some content can be turned off.

But that has more to do with what people expect from playing a game or sensitivity to some content. Unfortunately for us the unpredictable factor will probably be lost on patreon games, since they are never released finished and there's fear of losing support because of niche content, but i guess the later that depends more on how devs handle their product marketing.

Reactions: kongflcl

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Hah, you are the minority, i already saw too many people drop so many good games because of a simple tag or scene there.
That's called a "vocal minority". People who are fine with the content don't feel the need to claim "Im kinda ok with this scene and continued playing the game".

I just assume the dev removed the scene because rape is against Patreon guidelines and it happens right at the start, the scene was removed at a very oddly coincidental time if it wasn't the case.
In my opinion rape is a great way to start a game off. A dance with rogues did it and thats game of the decade material. It impacts future relationships and works well overall.

Lynn

May 21, 2017
I just assume the dev removed the scene because rape is against Patreon guidelines and it happens right at the start, the scene was removed at a very oddly coincidental time if it wasn't the case.
In my opinion rape is a great way to start a game off. A dance with rogues did it and thats game of the decade material. It impacts future relationships and works well overall.
My thoughts exactly. I'm usually with the people laughing at conspiracy theories, but their decision never made any sense to me. Since when does Hrein hesitate to put rape in their games? And how was that scene not fitting the game? It was a great starting point to everything that happens afterwards. Willingly removing it for the reasons they offered is not logical in any way.

Besides, the scene just feels... cartoony now. There's 20 horny dudes around Sabia, and they all just die instantly because 20 other dudes (but not horny) show up at the most convenient time. Why does everything pander towards the PG13 rating?

Reactions: LaPein and ponyguy

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
I'm pretty sure I would say the same, however, I can't really be sure because I've never been forced to play a game, which is entirely my point. ;)
I like immersive storytelling, not storytelling that walks on eggshells.
I understand your point better now and agree to a certain extent. Still I disagree with the beginning since we couldn't influence the game yet and the tone which is set there is not what Sierra intended. But yeah overall I understand now where you are coming from.;)

Reactions: kongflcl

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Whatever the content, I think that's an important thing. Creators and developpers of lewd stuff should follow *their* creative vision and ideas, instead of people's complains, then assume when they do/did ;)
I don't like the idea of patrons injecting their ideas just because they're paying to be honest. You pay for what the developper(s) create, because you like it, not because you want to push your own vision in the project.
Except, of course, if the so-called developper asks directly the community.

I'm glad Hreinn took a decision and didn't change their mind about it afterwards. But I totally understand it probably pissed some people off. It's never pleasant to see something we like being cut down... :FeelsBadMan: (that's why, again, I'm scared about the Hellhound sexual content).

All of this is just a personal opinion huh ;)

On a side note, totally not related to this wall of text. Is there any good KoD signature for the forum? Like the GGGB ones I use right now?
If you find any let me know.
I think @Krull made most of the ones I see people using.
I asked for them before he got to busy in rl.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I also don't like warnings, Seeds of Chaos is a joke in that department, the choices are so obvious and some content can be turned off.
Yet that game has received so much bad press for its NTR content and the gay scenes that do not have a warning. At some point you just have to accept part of your userbase will not like certain aspects of your game.

Reactions: mesoru

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
My thoughts exactly. I'm usually with the people laughing at conspiracy theories, but their decision never made any sense to me. Since when does Hrein hesitate to put rape in their games? And how was that scene not fitting the game? It was a great starting point to everything that happens afterwards. Willingly removing it for the reasons they offered is not logical in any way.

Besides, the scene just feels... cartoony now. There's 20 horny dudes around Sabia, and they all just die instantly because 20 other dudes (but not horny) show up at the most convenient time. Why does everything pander towards the PG13 rating?
Exactly, it perfectly sets up the world you are about to enter. And even though you are (somewhat) rescued, there's still a heaviness and sense of danger present. Before it felt like a world where you had to fight for your life, and now it feels like Tom Cruise could save you at any moment.

I do sincerely hope it was Hreinn's choice though, not only for what that means towards how it will ultimately turn out. But because if they changed it due to the Patreon Crusade, and used that excuse instead of being upfront, then major respect lost. I won't give into conspiracy just yet though. Still, I agree, as a writer myself, it doesn't make sense, especially considering the scene replacement. Its just dumbed down now

Reactions: mesoru and ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
The NN looks so much better to me. A stupid reason to give it another shot but I think I'm going too x'D
Yeah, love the lustful looks on the girls' faces. And Riven's enduring look. Makes me wanna go replay the game and corrupt her all over again. Replace that hot scowl with an even hotter ahegao. :heartcoveredeyes:
Any reason to give NN another shot is a good reason. NN's great.

Reactions: Fruble

xxsquarexx

Jul 20, 2017
Here, I just made a quick script modification as people seem to request full unlock of the gallery a lot. Just extract and drop this in your Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\game\Database folder and overwrite when asked, and all scenes will be unlocked in your gallery regardless of your save files.
Thank you very much. God bless you! <3

Reactions: ponyguy
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes