Back

Aug 3, 2017
I think I'm soft-locked--I didn't ally with any of the captains, and I didn't save that one ork who's supposed to help me. I only have a group of catgirls and a group of orks, and I don't think that's enough to beat the bandit encampment. Can anyone help, or am I screwed until the dev discovers this and fixes it? Thanks!
Any advice for a solo sabia playthrough in the current version? I don't know if I missed up somewhere but I can't beat the Bandit Camps cause I only have two units. Always die cause I have no units left for reserves. And I can't seem to click anywhere to get another unit.
If you saved Kulgan, you can talk to him to get a third unit. Otherwise, you can just leave nobody assigned to either the eastern valley assault or the southern hill assault: You'll get a shitty outcome at the end of the raid, but the only way to actually get a game over is to have no reserves.

Reactions: hibben

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Oh no.
From Patreon -- Hey guys, it's Nomo here and just wanted to give a quick update. This month, one of my parents passed away after a long fight with cancer.
I'm not currently a subscriber, but do wonder what the rest of the post says. It's sad to hear.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Would explain the lack of progress a lot.
Honestly, I'm not sure that's a real reason for it, given the long history of slow progress with no news.

While it sucks for him, and I would offer him condolences, given only the info we can see from the public side of things I'm not willing to say that his parent's circumstances has major affect on the delay.

Now, I'm only going off the public info and it's possible that he's been a primary caregiver for the parent in which case yeah, that kind of excuses the most recent month or two. But if you're not actually making progress on the project your patreon campaign supports I'm of the opinion it should be suspended or you announce that it's being slowed / halted for a time publicly to let the people paying/ considering paying you know that there's no progress this time period.

While yes, this sounds pretty asshole-y, I feel that the Heirn team has burned a hell of a lot of good will with the growing delays and broken promises. And again, on a personal level I'd support him and give time, from the project side of things and looking as a former supporter on the outside now not so much. And yeah, if there's more details in the patreon news post that refutes some of this, I can't see it now so that's just my opinion until someone on the inside shares it out.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Complaining about update release frequencies in a thread that the devs dont participate in does not make the game update faster. It only annoys the people that have to listen to you.
And I find the apologists and people who say "you can't complain if you're not a monetary supporter" just as annoying. It's a forum, people will talk about what they want. As long as it's not against the rules of the forum, just ignore it if it annoys you or you don't want to read it. After all, you're never forced to read / "listen" to anything on a forum like this.

FatDragonite

Feb 13, 2019
I'm just showing that it's not easy to ignore something that bothers you. I mean even you Didn't ignore it. but enough of that. Lets get back to circle jerking about how long the updates taking. "Man this update sure is late! Can't wait to read the 8 other people that agree with me!"

Azurite

Jul 28, 2017
You know, I checked the art of Nomo from before Hreinn Games, from their first game: Noxian Nights and now Kingdom of Deception. Then I checked the amount of new art produced between the 3 last updates and how long it took to release them and I think, but I could be wrong here, but I think he just lost the spark ? This is just gut feeling but I really have this impression that he just doesn't have this hunger to become better, to produce more and more amazing content for the game and its community anymore.
Guess we will never know.

borkenone

Sep 6, 2018
And I find the apologists and people who say "you can't complain if you're not a monetary supporter" just as annoying. It's a forum, people will talk about what they want. As long as it's not against the rules of the forum, just ignore it if it annoys you or you don't want to read it. After all, you're never forced to read / "listen" to anything on a forum like this.
I think the point is not that wheather you are a monetary supporter or not, it's that the devs don't come here, as far as I know: at all. So it's rather pointless to complain here.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I think the point is not that wheather you are a monetary supporter or not, it's that the devs don't come here, as far as I know: at all. So it's rather pointless to complain here.
Ok, then all the praise, bug reports, and discussion of features is also basically pointless as well. After all the devs won't see anything about it on this forum.

If you limit the topics based on whether the developers will see it, you'd have to eliminate a hell of a lot of posts on all the threads, since most developers won't see them. Alternatively you can accept that people will talk about what they want within forum rules, ignore what you don't like, and accept that there will be some new people who might find discussions about the development pace of use, to determine if they want to support a project.

Anyway, I only replied to you because you replied directly to me. And this is going to get much farther off topic if we continue, since it's basically devolving into a discussion of forum etiquette and preferences.

Azurite

Jul 28, 2017
I don't know if Nomo still read the forum but he actually created an account on f95zone and replied in this topic, it was page 8.
Okay, a lot of things going on in this thread. While I do not dismiss all and we should have been faster, I feel sad that people only measure work by sex scenes and from what I have seen if it also doesnt meet their fetish expectations, they generally are more critical.
I am not sure how we can communicate better all the other work we do in assets, planning and multiple choices paths, since it seems here people dont see that or appreciate it. Which is fine, everyone can express opinion, its just that we do not agree on those specific things and the full extend of work we do. If we had kept working with rpg maker for example, this update would have required nearly half of the effort it does in Ren Py, but with Ren we do have a better control on things.And that should improve with time and experience.
Finally I just want to say that all the accusations against Sierra are baseless and she manages her time perfectly.I doubt there is anyone out there that puts out as much content as she does.

Alright, the reason I write here was not what I wrote above, I personally dont feel the need to defend myself like this for work amounts we do, but it would have felt weird to completely ignore it, as I said tho I appreciate your open feedback and will have it mind in the future.

What I came here for is the art feedback, and mainly the negative one. I really want to improve and that only happens once people point at the bad parts of it. In general the Neve and Sabia scenes mentioned are not lower quality as time it took, the Neve x Maply scene actually took me a lot more time to do than Neve x Orcs since it had a full body alone, Neve in a more complex pose above with layers for fingering, nipple play and dildo, plus the whole Orc CG variant. So the negatives you see arent quality as me not putting enough time in them.
What I think it is is maybe the face angle? I do feel now that maybe I did Neves eyes too big so I am going to go back and tweak that, so do tell me if you have other specific things that you dislike and think would need changing?
For the Sabia x soldier I am not sure, it is indeed the same angle, so maybe I just need to practice it more, I was actually happy with this one, but maybe I made it too extreme and her face looks a bit more spherical and it should be elongated?

So yea for the two CGs if you have a more specific feedback as to what you think needs to be redrawn, do tell and I will do my best to tweak them. And thanks for the feedback.
So... who knows, maybe he still comes see what is going on around here.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes