Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sounds like they want to nerf XP gains and also nerf insta killing...
Not only is this an anti feature, but a collosal waste of time compared to giving us more sex scenes and quests.
I'm not sure I'd call it an XP nerf, more so a rebalancing of the game. The game currently has no semblance of balance and are effectively just random numbers thrown together to make it work. This creates structure at least and should make the game feel, well more like a game.

As for the insta-kill mechanic I have changed my mind on that after play testing a bit, it will work as it does now, with the exception if you are 3 times the monster's level you no longer gain XP (but still gain items).

And as for content, at a bare minimum it will be the same amount that I put out in the last build (all the public fuck scenes) and hopefully, if time permits, Titania's level 2 progression too.

I had a glitch when the elf guardian mission didn't pop up after I banged the nun
Do you mean the high priestess Lucille? You'll have to go to the nun's little church first and she'll be seen talking to her. Interact with her and it will start the questline.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I'm not sure I'd call it an XP nerf, more so a rebalancing of the game. The game currently has no semblance of balance and are effectively just random numbers thrown together to make it work. This creates structure at least and should make the game feel, well more like a game.
I think you are being too harsh on yourself here.
Sure some enemies are more efficiently to farm than others, but that is par for the course for an RPG.
It didn't really leave me with a lasting negative impression on the gameplay like you think it does.
As for the insta-kill mechanic I have changed my mind on that after play testing a bit, it will work as it does now, with the exception if you are 3 times the monster's level you no longer gain XP (but still gain items).
Glad to hear that. Quick combat is a massive huge improvement compared to the standard old RPGM fare and nerfing it would have really hurt the game by making the combat into a slog. Thank you for not nerfing it.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I think you are being too harsh on yourself here.
Sure some enemies are more efficiently to farm than others, but that is par for the course for an RPG.
It didn't really leave me with a lasting negative impression on the gameplay like you think it does.

Glad to hear that. Quick combat is a massive huge improvement compared to the standard old RPGM fare and nerfing it would have really hurt the game by making the combat into a slog. Thank you for not nerfing it.
While I appreciate your comments, unfortunately many others disagree and have stated that they love the art, but felt the combat / core gameplay loop was too lackluster. While I intend to keep combat still relatively quick going forward, there will be changes to the core gameplay loop.

If you don't enjoy the rpg mechanics I'd probably recommend using a save file editor and just changing your to like 99 or something, as you'll likely be insta-killing everything then ^^

Inazumasexual

Apr 8, 2018
So I was playing the game, and then it glitched out on me when I opened up the quest screen, which I sadly didn't get to screenshot since I thought that a simple F11 restart should fix it right up. Now whenever I boot up the game, it gets stuck on this page. I've tried waiting for ~5 minutes but no dice.

I've already tried redownloading it, and the same problem occurs. Anybody else have this problem? Is this an issue with RAM? I'd provide error messages but as far as I can see, there's none that were generated.

Send help.
1649519125307.png

Inazumasexual

Apr 8, 2018
So I was playing the game, and then it glitched out on me when I opened up the quest screen, which I sadly didn't get to screenshot since I thought that a simple F11 restart should fix it right up. Now whenever I boot up the game, it gets stuck on this page. I've tried waiting for ~5 minutes but no dice.

I've already tried redownloading it, and the same problem occurs. Anybody else have this problem? Is this an issue with RAM? I'd provide error messages but as far as I can see, there's none that were generated.

Send help.
View attachment 1748438
Downloaded an install from MEGA and it didn't work at first, so I decided to redo the steps that I did when I originally downloaded it, and move only the game files to another folder. Lo and behold, it now works, and I have absolutely zero idea on why it does. More RPGM voodoo I guess.

Oh well, back to playing through the game.

EDIT:
After a bit of experimenting, I found a reliable fix.
When the screen freezes during start up, press F5. Of course, let it run until it freeze, just in case you refresh accidentally.

Last edited:
Reactions: MillenniumEarl

imercenary95

Jul 19, 2017
While I appreciate your comments, unfortunately many others disagree and have stated that they love the art, but felt the combat / core gameplay loop was too lackluster. While I intend to keep combat still relatively quick going forward, there will be changes to the core gameplay loop.

If you don't enjoy the rpg mechanics I'd probably recommend using a save file editor and just changing your to like 99 or something, as you'll likely be insta-killing everything then ^^
In all seriousness, I wouldn't take that too seriously. There are issues with the gameplay loop, but theres only so much you can do without turning the game into a grindfest or trying to recreate the Final Fantasy combat system in RPG Maker.

That said, nice update. I still hate all the running around but thats obviously not going to go away.

Reactions: mrttao

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021

Myself I did enjoy the gameplay loop in at least it wasn't grindy. It was simple and the Royal Court Members as companions did make it super easy but at least it wasn't grinding for grindings sake. Though I can understand wanting to revamp it to make it less easy just don't don't fall into the trap of making it grindy to lengthen play time.

As for the rest of your game I really enjoy it. The art while it has moments of inconsistency in some details is very enjoyable. The wide spectrum of anthromorphic and humanoid is great. The sex scenes are fun and enjoyable. And it's just so rare to see a developer do a game based around corruption were you actually get to corrupt them and do taboo things like public sex and exposition.

Speaking of which this line in your latest month plan:

• This is thinking about in the future where you can get a Royal Court member to come with you and fight with you - Rear View of them on battle screen - and also links into changing their outfits.

Am I reading too much into this or does this hint at getting to make them wear a variety of things including perhaps plugs and being nude? Makes me imagine so much heh.

As a last note are we going to get to subvert Morati more? Make her take off her armor and 'change her outfit' etc.? Just curious as the Dark Queen gave her to the MC as a plaything :) Also, curious if someday we might add Morati's mom to the collection who was also plotting against the Dark Queen.

Looking forward to future updates and thank you for engaging with us here on F95.

Reactions: Naughty Underworld

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Iron Sword and armors
I'll look into it, thanks!

i need help with goblin quest
What is the problem? What does your quest log say?

Myself I did enjoy the gameplay loop in at least it wasn't grindy. It was simple and the Royal Court Members as companions did make it super easy but at least it wasn't grinding for grindings sake. Though I can understand wanting to revamp it to make it less easy just don't don't fall into the trap of making it grindy to lengthen play time.

As for the rest of your game I really enjoy it. The art while it has moments of inconsistency in some details is very enjoyable. The wide spectrum of anthromorphic and humanoid is great. The sex scenes are fun and enjoyable. And it's just so rare to see a developer do a game based around corruption were you actually get to corrupt them and do taboo things like public sex and exposition.

Speaking of which this line in your latest month plan:

• This is thinking about in the future where you can get a Royal Court member to come with you and fight with you - Rear View of them on battle screen - and also links into changing their outfits.

Am I reading too much into this or does this hint at getting to make them wear a variety of things including perhaps plugs and being nude? Makes me imagine so much heh.

As a last note are we going to get to subvert Morati more? Make her take off her armor and 'change her outfit' etc.? Just curious as the Dark Queen gave her to the MC as a plaything :) Also, curious if someday we might add Morati's mom to the collection who was also plotting against the Dark Queen.

Looking forward to future updates and thank you for engaging with us here on F95.
Appreciate all the feedback and glad overall you're enjoying the game. Admittedly the new build has been a hard balancing act, but I'm hoping I can please both fronts, those who want to speed through the game to get to the good stuff and those that want to enjoy the actual game aspect of it. If I fail on that front, I'll like add in a cheat code that will make players level 99 or something.

You might be on the right track with the rear battle view thing I mentioned ;)

Morati (and her family) was one of the options I had on a recent Patron poll, unfortunately jumping straight to level 2 progressions was the winner. I have a lot of ideas though, just hoping we have enough time to fulfil as many as possible ^^

Tareq popo

Oct 29, 2021
View attachment 1436481

Overview:
Kingdom of Subversion is an adult fantasy rpg, where you take control of a half goblin outcast. Forced into exile from the Kingdom of Lumis, you join forces with the Queen of the rivaling kingdom, Queen Selvana of Umbrus. She grants you new power, that will allow you to subtly infiltrate Lumis and begin to plot its demise.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-03-26
Release Date: 2022-03-25
Developer: Naughty Underworld -
Censored: No
Version: 0.9 Public
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

If i save then closed the game and i open it again my save is gone pls help

4.00 star(s) 36 Votes