What do you think about the development process of this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Yeah people tend to prefer to change the MC name in a RPG, since it allows them to roleplay as the fit. And this game really allows you how you wanna play it so it kinda odd not to see this option.

If I shall be upfront with you, this game is a gem in the rough. For people who dont like RPGM type of games they wont bother to grind through the game as it is intended, and are mostly here for the CGs/animations. And since this game really lacks of it its obvious why some reviews tend to be negative.

But for people who really enjoy RPGM games like me, this game is a god sent, but its really rough.
I mean the Character animations you did is very good quality and adds to the immersion, the MC equipment slots are one of the best I saw, The Skill system while not being perfect are good as they are right now and it can always be expanded on as long the story and its lore gets expanded.

And as I mentioned before the biggest elefant in the room is that the game dosent feel as it is alive, you know ?
Like when you start the game, what do we see ?
MC just awake and automaticly knows what to do. Sure I see why it is like that -> To guide the Player.
But it makes him lifeless like a shell. We dont know about the lore or the world but get jumped straight to MC waking up.

Same you could say about ALL of the NPCs in the game.
When MC wakes up he needs talk to Emily "Stepmom". And what does the game show us ? Nothing really. She just tell us to tell our "sister" the breakfeast is ready. Again, its nothing really wrong with this, but wasted opportunity in my eyes because we see "Stepmom" for the very first time. We dont what type of type of person she is, just a fetch quest giver the more as we play.

Lets stay with her as a example. I dont mind the whole "hating-on-MC-until-he-helps-us" approach on either Emily or Jesica.
But without providing some contend why she "hates" (the better word would be treats badly) would give the player more conviction to continue playing the game and if it was good executed -> stick around this LI and help her/fall in love with her.

As right now no one is really likeable as they are robotic and tend to use MC to their on benefits. IMO giving each such girls some CGs and expaning their dialogs why they treat the MC badly would improve the chances of the player to give them a second chance, if they are redeemable.

The other issue is, that some sex scenes are very stupid and its sadly delude the whole experience the game of its true potential. Like I mentioned I see why the sudden Julieth BJ scene is there, but instead of forcing them on MC this early, and watching others will make the people angry, you could do the classic trick of "wet dreams" if you think the MC is not ready for a sex scene with a specific LI.
Wow, I didn't even realize these things, I wanted to make a video/intro that introduces the character's story and a few cutscenes(e.g. the character will ask himself a question if the decision was right) but making such videos was challenging for me at the time I was just starting out, I made a few videos and intros but it was terrible, I removed it. Later I made a trailer, a new intro and a couple of cutscenes, the quality was better but not the way I wanted, so I decided not to release it. I plan to add everything again and in perfect quality, however the game doesn't have much content now and I've been working too long on mechanics, characters, visuals and features so I have to focus on CGs/animations for a few patches now. Thanks a lot for your advice, they are very helpful to improve the game.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Wow, I didn't even realize these things, I wanted to make a video/intro that introduces the character's story and a few cutscenes(e.g. the character will ask himself a question if the decision was right) but making such videos was challenging for me at the time I was just starting out, I made a few videos and intros but it was terrible, I removed it. Later I made a trailer, a new intro and a couple of cutscenes, the quality was better but not the way I wanted, so I decided not to release it. I plan to add everything again and in perfect quality, however the game doesn't have much content now and I've been working too long on mechanics, characters, visuals and features so I have to focus on CGs/animations for a few patches now. Thanks a lot for your advice, they are very helpful to improve the game.
Of course you have to keep in mind that you should work in the aspects of your current abilites. Adding full-on video clips is hard I agree, even more if you have to work with the HS2 engine. But do you really need it ? As right now, all you need is what you already have, just adding more of them. Im talking about these animations:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As the example was Emily:
When the player meets Emily for the first time. We also should have a animation/CG as this tpye and instead of simply her saying "go and tell your sister to eat her breakfast.", give her some more dialoge. I dunno, like she was murming or talking to herself as she was preparing the food for MC and Jesica until she either feels the the presence of MC and talks to him, or MC talks to her first.
Now you have already two more options. One allows to talk her, the other as to watch her nice ass lol. But the main part is that it adds Life to the world.

The other think is the Hunting, and probably side quest. Instead of just give the player the cheap fetch quest aka "go and bring me 3 wolf pelts.". Try to work it into the story like you did during the toutorial with the Weapon crate, Wine and straw.

Its a rather a quality ove quainty prespective.

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
Game needs better controller support. The opening combat tutorial had you could use the controller to fight but when fighting the old man you have to equip the fist skill then press s which the tutorial originally had as the skip time button. I tried going into options but you can only adjust the keyboard layout...

Ability to map different consumables to the keys would be nice.

A map of known locations would be a nice feature. Remembering where shit is is hard.

Tavern should sell sausages, ales, and perhaps dining in.

Past the old man in the swampy forest there are some stairs which lead to a dragon however the combat switches and I can't attack.

In the cave with the bats next to the waterfall there are some stairs in there that I couldn't climb.

The torch was a little wonky but after a few paces got around to following me. Just odd as I'm holding it in my hand and watching myself walk away from the light source.

I'm not feeling any love from the foster family so not sure why I should stay and pay silver if other places are available like the granary or abandoned house.

Stamina depletes too quickly which turns this into a slow walking sim.

In the orc attack you can't fight or flee. If you're quick you can trap the marauding orc in different places however it won't let you go through any of the exits. I tried going to the cart to grab any of the swords I loaded onto it but to no avail.

If you attack the orc camp to the south the west and east cliffs can be climbed.

The girl oddly enough doesn't care that a human is attacking the orc camp. Lore the orcs to trees where the get stuck is fun.

You can climb up on the roof of the house next to the two broken bridges.

Naming the protagonist would be nice.

Having the skill tree be something you can access from the menu would work better than it being a literal tree. As the world opens up it will become more of an inconvenience.

With all these craftable meat, bread, lettuce, and tomato I'm shocked I can't make a sandwich...

Pressing Tab causes the game to shake violently.

On patreon the public version is behind a paywall... Just pointing it out as a bug :p
Public-
Having a clickable link to the patreon page in game would be nice.

Last edited:

jimbobdon

Oct 12, 2018
julieth not in the barn in the morning / now that wont let sleep at night no matter i go ( bugs or what ? )

Last edited:

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
julieth not in the barn in the morning / now that wont let sleep at night no matter i go ( bugs or what ? )
Well, until I caught her too. Only in the evening at home he says what will happen in the morning in the barn.
waiting for the next update :)

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
can anyone help me, I can't sleep anywhere anymore, and I can't talk to the orcs

View attachment 2588495
Did you talk with your friend, Freddie, to the east? They tell you that you can sleep in the granary.
At the time you get kicked out of your home the tavern opens up the inn and offers better rates.
In the swamp forest to the south you can set up a camp site if its not raining.

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
wait doesnt work hes say cant wait here or i cant waste now
Did you try doing it outside? Wait doesn't work indoors. Was going to use that to sneak into the manor but it didn't work and the main door required expert lockpicking.

May 4, 2022
Did you talk with your friend, Freddie, to the east? They tell you that you can sleep in the granary.
At the time you get kicked out of your home the tavern opens up the inn and offers better rates.
In the swamp forest to the south you can set up a camp site if its not raining.
Thanks for the tip, but it's raining, I don't have an option for anything, not where to sleep or skip time or rent a room

asdf1347

Mar 18, 2021
I encountered the bug where you can't sleep or wait anymore too. I think it happened after the gathering of the sorceress, elves and orcs.
And Julieth isn't at the barn in the morning either.

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes