What do you think about the development process of this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Really like what I saw from the little I played. Has some really good-looking girls (though the protagonist is way too pale! It's distracting and looks kinda bad) and an interesting enough story so far.

I don't know if it's just my computer but I was having really bad performance in the forest and when it started raining. It slowed everything to a crawl, which is a lot considering how slow the character moves. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about that but would be nice if that issue was dealt with.

I like having the option of going for a corruption path, my only complaint is how that path usually goes. I don't see why, for example, the corrupt choice is to help an orc attacking your village by attacking a guard that is there to protect you, that's just suicidal. Why the corrupt choice after that is joining orcs that the protagonist knows want to go north due to some weird prophecy. Or why telling the orc not to abuse Adda is a "nice" choice and why the corrupt choice is to say nothing, as through certain lenses, a dude that wants all women for himself in a possessive way might be considered more evil than one that is fine with sharing. I hope to see more options when it comes to the corrupt dialogue, options that reflect better what I'd like to do.

The quests really need to give some sort of direction when we need to find something. If not on the quest log, at least on the dialogue before that quest is updated. "The old man told me to meet him at the waterfall south of the village", "I should go to the farm to the west to grab that hay", that kind of thing.

All that said, great game. Hope to see more of it soon. Godspeed, Dev!

Reactions: noblone

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Sorry for my poor english.
I was on big hype in last 4-5 updates ago. But what i see is that, you change"gameplay" but content of game stay in 1 place. Nah i can say that you delete some content, and in next patch you give it like new/refresh animation. Its litil shit or more like milking sub's. Sow the best way is to comeback, after 1 year, and meyby i will see somthing new (i hope not a lot of new bugs)
Hi, yes the game hasn't progressed much in the last year, firstly because my time is limited and secondly I've been working on a new combat system for a long time, there were a lot of bugs and it was incompatible with other plugins, it was very challenging.
I know it's frustrating for me too, but I can't develop every day, for various reasons. I've spent thousands of hours of my free time developing this game and it's definitely not worth doing it for the money. Obviously I'm grateful for any support, it at least compensates for the time and, it helps keep the motivation going, but it wont pay the bills.
hopefully in a few weeks I'll get my laptop back and I'm ready to give it my all over the summer.

Reactions: valley57 and wladek

God_Batman

Feb 8, 2018
Spoiler alert!!

I also didn't had too much progress because I did ALOT of new game to test the variable paths so...later on I can mention other quests bugs.

Here are the bugs that if found and how to repeat them:

Bug 1: After the village attack, if you choose to be neutral, the princess is captured by the orcs, if you save her by killing the orc and then return to the orc village again, it will trigger the first invasion scene and the chief is going to softlock repeating the same line over and over.

Bug 2: After the village attack if you choose to protect the princess, they will make you a squire, you can't progress on the squire quest and also if you go to the orc village, there you can also get the quest to save her daughter, even though she wasn't captured since you defeated the orc before.

I haven't tested teaming with the orcs.

Misc: If you reproduce the orc softlock and then visit the swamp to start the witch quest, you literally softlock the entire game.
you won't be able to sleep to the next day and lock your game into a endless night.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Spoiler alert!!

I also didn't had too much progress because I did ALOT of new game to test the variable paths so...later on I can mention other quests bugs.

Here are the bugs that if found and how to repeat them:

Bug 1: After the village attack, if you choose to be neutral, the princess is captured by the orcs, if you save her by killing the orc and then return to the orc village again, it will trigger the first invasion scene and the chief is going to softlock repeating the same line over and over.

Bug 2: After the village attack if you choose to protect the princess, they will make you a squire, you can't progress on the squire quest and also if you go to the orc village, there you can also get the quest to save her daughter, even though she wasn't captured since you defeated the orc before.

I haven't tested teaming with the orcs.

Misc: If you reproduce the orc softlock and then visit the swamp to start the witch quest, you literally softlock the entire game.
you won't be able to sleep to the next day and lock your game into a endless night.
Thanks a lot for the detailed bug report. I will fix it soon. <3

• Hey there
Reactions: God_Batman

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
Please.

Stop with these "hey MC, go to this place where you have no prior knowledge to where it actually is, so we're basically just sending you on a hunt of walking around trying to find said place!!" games.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Release Date - 3rd of August
Hey guys, so I've had the new pc build for a few days now and I can tell you it's a huge difference, even with igpu I get very fast loading and no lags or crashes, studio and hs2 have low fps, render times take longer but it's insanely better overall, I can load a character/change asset anything almost instantly. And the low fps isn't that much of a problem, can't wait to try it with a gpu in a few weeks. I've also learned a few tricks, and the animations/renders quality is significantly better now.
The update will be on 3rd of August. I am going to release 3 new versions at once.
Changelog 0.17.5
-Slightly increased base movement speed
-Fixed occasional movement speed bug
-Fixed a few minor bugs (such as when the door doesn't open on touch, but on the button)
-added the character stuck option, for teleporting a softlock character.
-added a card game (that I've been working on for a long time but couldn't get it working the way I needed it to, now I've finally done it!)
-fixed bug no progress when killing Azug in mansion or without joining orcs first and no progress after the dream.
-There is also an easy fix for occasional lags using the key U to turn the UI off and on will fix the issue for that map (still working on a permanent solution).
Note:
I have read all the messages and fixed the bugs I could, however some of the described scenarios that didn't work for somebody worked for me, so please if you find any bug send me the save file on discord it would help a lot.
Changelog 0.18 and 0.19
you can look forward to:
-new quest from the old man (Trial of Courage)
-orcs feast with some alcohol
-surprise Jessica at night

Version 0.20
This will be out in 20days and it will be huge.
Note:
I will be releasing several polls in the coming week.
I need to prioritize things like : adding sounds to animations, the option to change character names, and content. I already have a lot of scenarios ready for good path and bad path for different characters, so the decision will be up to you.
Thanks so much for keeping this project alive!

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Is there going to be a guide release for the new version of the game?
I can't promise that the guide will be out anytime soon, but it's definitely on the way. I'll do a poll on patreon soon so we can prioritize all the stuff.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Bug report: After starting the game and dressing up, i should talk to emily which results in a black screen with nothing to do. I got the compressed version so idk if its only a problem there.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Bug report: After starting the game and dressing up, i should talk to emily which results in a black screen with nothing to do. I got the compressed version so idk if its only a problem there.
try running the game in compatibility mode for windows 8/7

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
I have the same problem

I installed all the patches, and the same
he still doesn't want to go
Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode for other OS versions?

1691182289684.png

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes