3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
You should check out Defender Of The Crown. It's an old classic from Commodore64 and can be played through in 30 minutes. It's simple but the fight for example has some similiarities to yours, i thought you were inspired by it to tell the truth. There were things like tournaments and raids (minigames within the game). There was even some nudity involved when you managed to rescue a princess, which was mind blowing having the age of that game in mind.
I don't think you should add minigames, but the concept of DOTC is cool and you could do similiar things with skill checks.

If you like i can make a list of some event ideas and possible skillchecks involved (i occasionly create board games, so i know how to use numbers to create illusions). But sadly i cannot help you write anything, since my native language isn't english and i just started a time consuming project by myself (not a game though).
It actually sounds like my type of game. And if it can be finished in 30 minutes I should definitely try it to get some inspiration. Because I did got inspired by many games but sadly that wasn't one of them.

That would actually be really, really helpful. And if you took the time I would be forever in your debt. Especially cause numbers aren't my thing hahaha. And don't worry about any of that, is less of an issue that you could expect hahaha. But I hope your project is very successful as well! Whatever it is good luck.

Reactions: e-disfunction

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
BUG:
When the wall is breached and gold is stolen, when you have a negative amount of money, gold will be added.
I tried Defender of the crown. I couldn't find the old one sadly, but I found a free version of the new one. It was actually a lot of fun. I wish I had played it before so I could steal some ideas hahaha

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
guys im stuck..im in week 200+ but all i saw lorh hugh,my sister n witch...did i screw up or this is all story available
In that version there's two more sex scenes besides all of that. But I'm literally about to post version .6 with a couple more scenes and changes to make it easier to find the content.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Pretty unique game, it's like Crusader Kings, but with less incest :p a bit "hard" tho, even on easy, guess I will cheat.
Lol I mean, only because you have Habsburg levels on ck. But damn. What do you think it's the hardest part that I should make easier?

Reactions: Dustellar

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
I kinda like it but I think the game does a bad job at giving feedback to the player.

When you fail skill check it should tell you what skill you failed.

Can't build some buildings and don't really know why. Is it linked to the skill in parenthesis ? Is it something that's clearer in higher difficutlies than easy ? I feel like it's something the game should tell me though.

Currently playing new version so I might comment again if I'm reminded of things I wanted to share , positive or negative.

At the end of the day it's a decently enjoyable game but frustratingly opaque most of the time.

Quick edit: there is a typo oldm_even instead of oldm_event I suppose. Confirmed changed the value in the script IIRC and it worked.

Quick edit 2: Need to make something to pass time because if you don't you soft lock as soon as you master all skills, which can happen pretty quickly in easy mode.

Quick edit 3: Seems more clear in Normal mode but that means easy mode is essentially not working.
Need more clarity on what scene are there and how to get them IMO.

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I kinda like it but I think the game does a bad job at giving feedback to the player.

When you fail skill check it should tell you what skill you failed.

Can't build some buildings and don't really know why. Is it linked to the skill in parenthesis ? Is it something that's clearer in higher difficutlies than easy ? I feel like it's something the game should tell me though.

Currently playing new version so I might comment again if I'm reminded of things I wanted to share , positive or negative.

At the end of the day it's a decently enjoyable game but frustratingly opaque most of the time.

Quick edit: there is a typo oldm_even instead of oldm_event I suppose. Confirmed changed the value in the script IIRC and it worked.

Quick edit 2: Need to make something to pass time because if you don't you soft lock as soon as you master all skills, which can happen pretty quickly in easy mode.

Quick edit 3: Seems more clear in Normal mode but that means easy mode is essentially not working.
Need more clarity on what scene are there and how to get them IMO.
I think you're right with skill checks. I was hoping I could show it with context but it's probably better to just say it outright.

Yes, you need to increase the skill in the parenthesis to build them.

Please do if you have more criticism!

Hahaha thanks, I'll try to fix that.

Lol and thanks for letting me know about that typo. It's fixed now.

The time skip is true, I just didn't expect people to continue for long.

By seems more clear you mean all the other objections you had or just the time stuff?

Reactions: groove888
3.40 star(s) 19 Votes