3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I am lost at how to play this game, no tutorial, peasant levy -30
can't train units, bandit event keep pooping up here and there..

wish there are tutorial telling me how to play or some wiki to read
There's a tutorial at the beginning of the game when the king speaks to you, but if you skip it won't show up.

ailyze

Nov 20, 2020
The king only speaks he need to go to peace talks and dumping his role as king to our MC, he didn't tell us what each building do,
my first run are total mess, build few building level 1 only later realize that it does not profit and instead burden to finance instead,
after few restart, finally understood how pick decision,
well, i already found out that slum have fork icon, which refer to population, but idk if it gonna affect levy in first place..
i am gonna restart again with slum in plan, wish me luck this time.. hahaha~

just a quick review, overall, this game is decent, the option consequences are fitting, and sometimes, we are forced go out of the common value of nowadays life, such as abandon option of pressuring the merchant lowering price of bread because merchant faction support too low.. thumbs up for this good game!
PS: sorry for broken english, it's not my native language.

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
The king only speaks he need to go to peace talks and dumping his role as king to our MC, he didn't tell us what each building do,
my first run are total mess, build few building level 1 only later realize that it does not profit and instead burden to finance instead,
well, i already found out that slum have fork icon, which refer to population, but idk if it gonna affect levy in first place..

just a quick review, overall, this game is decent, the option consequences are fitting, and sometimes, we are forced go out of the common value of nowadays life, such as abandon option of pressuring the merchant lowering price of bread because merchant faction support too low.. thumbs up for this good game!
PS: sorry for broken english, it's not my native language.
Yeah, that's when the tutorial appears, but I guess it's easier to miss it if the player clicks a lot. Sorry for that.

The first levels are not profitable, it's only till level 2 that they are.

You can hover over the icons to check what they mean. Slums and fields increase levies.

Thank you for the review! And don't worry about it. Practice is everything.

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
How do you edit character stats on the online save editor? And before you write " They have the same names. The variable for Administration is Administration and so on. " No they don't i can search (control-f) for administration all i want i get no results. Search for martial or knowledge or diplomacy i still get no results. Why does this game have no console?

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
How do you edit character stats on the online save editor? And before you write " They have the same names. The variable for Administration is Administration and so on. " No they don't i can search (control-f) for administration all i want i get no results. Search for martial or knowledge or diplomacy i still get no results. Why does this game have no console?
But I mean... they do. I wrote them. As for why you couldn't find them in the save editor I cannot say. Maybe it's cap sensitive or something. But Administration specifically should be at the top of the list since it starts with an A. Either way I don't really know how the save editor works, or what it chooses to show and what doesn't/

As for the console I could look into it.

Last edited:

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Ok i have tried the online save editor

and the renpy save editor
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-save-editor-v1-6-1-last-moment.6456/

neither shows any of the skill names, yes i did notice they are ordered alphabetically, no administration to be found
this is from the online save editor:

_side_image_raw > default 1/0
ACasualties
AllyMUnit
Army
ASurvivors
AtWar
AVirgin
Bankrupt
BVirgin
CAC
Calendar
CastleLevel
CastleUpkeep
(note deleted the values cause they are not poignant to the conversation.)
Try it yourself and see.

same with renpy save editor

if the skills are under integer types (and not boolean or string) and i order them alphabetically still no administration.

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yeah, I gave it a try. It seems like they have a limit on the number of variables that they show, as to the why the choose ones and not others that is beyond me. Either way I might just add cheats to the game.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
cool game i had fun playing. if i could make a game it would be something like this but we need more h scenes
Thank you! I do want to grow the game, but right now it's just me working on it and doing everything, and I also don't get enough money to pay artists so it's going slow at the moment.

Reactions: _DarkDesires_

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Yeah, this is the problem I have with the game. I know how to play, but I can't work out HOW to play, if you get my meaning- I understand all the controls and what does what, but there's nothing that indicates what choices are a good idea and what are bad ones.

Some things are obvious -you need to keep your support levels from the factions above 0, you need to keep your treasury from draining- but how do you do this, other than flip-flopping from supporting one faction to supporting their opposite to keep the effects of your decisions at a net 0? I'm badly short of money (for some reason I have an income of +45k, expenses of -43k, but this somehow adds up to a profit of... -1k? That's not maths!), but looking at my options for increasing my income they all seem like they'd murder my support with one or another of the factions and I don't even know if they'd generate enough gold to be worth it. I'm afraid to change anything from the default settings because I'm worried they'd make things worse more than they'd make them better- even raising the Nobles' tax rate a notch might send them into revolt that I'm not prepared to deal with, bunch of self-entitled cockheads that they are.

I have no military because I can't afford to develop it and I'm trying to train up too many skills at once because I have no idea which ones I actually need (I assumed Trade and Administration might help deal with my income issues a bit) so I'm dreading the first military event to happen- I'm already failing most of my skill checks without it even telling me which skill I failed with. I forked out the 50k to lead the mission to find the witch personally (dunno why that even needed to cost ANYTHING, let along half my damn treasury) and made a deal with her, only for her to not show up again, rendering my net gain from the event a few bruises and a blowjob (I'm sure she'll show up later, but why is it taking so long?).

And I can't work out how to interact with any characters- spending time with Ellyn or Rosalyn raises one of my skills as if I'd spent it training instead, but nothing else, and I can't interact with Jocelyn or Queen Anne at all, even when I'd logically need to inform them that my father and brother are dead.

The game is just too obtuse at the moment- and the difference between this game and Long Live the Queen is that LLtQ plays much, MUCH faster (events happen CONSTANTLY), so you die and start over to find out what you're doing wrong much sooner. I'm probably fucking up this playthrough completely, but I'm not going to find out how, or work out what I should have been doing instead, for quite some time still.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes