3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yeah, this is the problem I have with the game. I know how to play, but I can't work out HOW to play, if you get my meaning- I understand all the controls and what does what, but there's nothing that indicates what choices are a good idea and what are bad ones.

Some things are obvious -you need to keep your support levels from the factions above 0, you need to keep your treasury from draining- but how do you do this, other than flip-flopping from supporting one faction to supporting their opposite to keep the effects of your decisions at a net 0? I'm badly short of money (for some reason I have an income of +45k, expenses of -43k, but this somehow adds up to a profit of... -1k? That's not maths!), but looking at my options for increasing my income they all seem like they'd murder my support with one or another of the factions and I don't even know if they'd generate enough gold to be worth it. I'm afraid to change anything from the default settings because I'm worried they'd make things worse more than they'd make them better- even raising the Nobles' tax rate a notch might send them into revolt that I'm not prepared to deal with, bunch of self-entitled cockheads that they are.

I have no military because I can't afford to develop it and I'm trying to train up too many skills at once because I have no idea which ones I actually need (I assumed Trade and Administration might help deal with my income issues a bit) so I'm dreading the first military event to happen- I'm already failing most of my skill checks without it even telling me which skill I failed with. I forked out the 50k to lead the mission to find the witch personally (dunno why that even needed to cost ANYTHING, let along half my damn treasury) and made a deal with her, only for her to not show up again, rendering my net gain from the event a few bruises and a blowjob (I'm sure she'll show up later, but why is it taking so long?).

And I can't work out how to interact with any characters- spending time with Ellyn or Rosalyn raises one of my skills as if I'd spent it training instead, but nothing else, and I can't interact with Jocelyn or Queen Anne at all, even when I'd logically need to inform them that my father and brother are dead.

The game is just too obtuse at the moment- and the difference between this game and Long Live the Queen is that LLtQ plays much, MUCH faster (events happen CONSTANTLY), so you die and start over to find out what you're doing wrong much sooner. I'm probably fucking up this playthrough completely, but I'm not going to find out how, or work out what I should have been doing instead, for quite some time still.
For the first point I just think you shouldn't be so risk adverse. It won't let you pass laws if it'll kill your support, and if you can afford it it's usually worth it for the taxes. And well you can always load a save state anyway.

For the other points I already changed some things for the next build. On that one it tells you what you failed, although I've been looking at tutorials to make it more like a fallout dialogue in which they are options you can take rather than simply making you take them.

The -1k? is the only way I came up with so the player notices something is wrong and hopefully clicks on it since one of the lords begins to embezzle money.

For the characters I streamline their quest so you just have to spend time with them and nothing else. It used to be that you had to interact with them in big events days before.

For everything else you have to keep in mind that it's version .7 or something, so of course it's missing content. And it's just me working on it so we gotta be realistic as to how fast I can pump stuff out as a hobbie.

The skills do level up faster now thought.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know your feelings!

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
so what exactly are we supposed to be doing? just increase the stats until we hit a threshold for a new event?

milfluv69

Dec 28, 2017
This looks interesting, I'll have to try it. I noticed in the changelog that there's a younger sister character, might be worth asking a mod to add the incest tag? Might draw some more attention to the game since it's probably the most popular tag on here

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
This looks interesting, I'll have to try it. I noticed in the changelog that there's a younger sister character, might be worth asking a mod to add the incest tag? Might draw some more attention to the game since it's probably the most popular tag on here
You would honor me if you did.

I already tried and was ignored haha. Although the incest can be deactivated in-game.

GhostSoldier93

Jul 8, 2017
i'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I can't advance time after the witch event. I'm at night right after the witch event.. i've event maxed all stats because it keeps looping

the only way i've avoided this loop so far is if i don't personally meet the witch and just send my men or send the old woman away

abudirka

Jul 21, 2017
Edit: I see the post above mine. This will hopefully clarify the events leading up to it.
The crone came and I said I'd go hunt the witch myself. Along the way I said there is no such thing as a witch. Then I got captured, said yes, sealed the deal and went back to town. Back at town the only person available to talk to was Roderick and time never advanced so I maxed out all my stats before realizing how futile it was. Went back and reloaded a save where I declined her offer to the same resulting state. Later went back and loaded an older save and sent the crone away instead to continue as normal.
Edit 2: Second issue
Decided to start a new game and rushed to max out weapons (on baron) to see if it would change the fight later with the Steel Lady. Turns out the event won't trigger after her arrival because I have nothing left to train.

Last edited:

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
Seems like I still have the issue on Baron difficulty where you can't really improve your stat once you get to max Administration is still there.

Is it a display issue (you're at max admin stats globally but the display isn't correct) or a setup issue (you're prevented from improving in admin stat further than 20% (I think) because the setup is incorrect) ?

All in all seems it is a good update from what I've seen the unhiding of skill check helps to bring some clarity IMO.

Edit: Have the same issue as users above can't spent time after meeting the witch.

Last edited:

hansila

Oct 18, 2016
has anyone figured out the console commands or a cheat option maybe (no not the savegame editor it doesnt wrok)? keep failing every single skillcheck even in the categories i have high.

Eros13

Formerly 'vss1234'
Jun 7, 2018
Really enjoyed the game until the witch part, after you got on an expedition for the witch the game will basically lock itself and wont progress time after you finish the expedition, also it locks yourself no matter what are the choices that you pick.
Also is it possible to make some kind of notice as to how many scenes there are for a character and how many was discovered so that ill know not to waste my time on that character.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Small adjustment to Content so the options are visible.

screens.rpy
Code:
                hbox:
                    if persistent.Ince:
                        textbutton _(" {b}{color=#00ff00}ON{/color}{/b}/OFF") action ToggleField(persistent, 'Ince', True, False)
                    else:
                        textbutton _(" ON/{b}{color=#f00}OFF{/color}{/b}") action ToggleField(persistent, 'Ince', True, False)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Really enjoyed the game until the witch part, after you got on an expedition for the witch the game will basically lock itself and wont progress time after you finish the expedition, also it locks yourself no matter what are the choices that you pick.
Also is it possible to make some kind of notice as to how many scenes there are for a character and how many was discovered so that ill know not to waste my time on that character.
Yeah, sorry for that. I already fixed it although I won't be able to post it.

I will add something so you know when a route ends next time. Thanks.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Small adjustment to Content so the options are visible.

screens.rpy
Code:
                hbox:
                    if persistent.Ince:
                        textbutton _(" {b}{color=#00ff00}ON{/color}{/b}/OFF") action ToggleField(persistent, 'Ince', True, False)
                    else:
                        textbutton _(" ON/{b}{color=#f00}OFF{/color}{/b}") action ToggleField(persistent, 'Ince', True, False)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you! I will add it and give you credits if you want.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes