3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

treeoflife123

Nov 19, 2019
Game has potential, but the lack of a possibility to use cheats makes it a frustrating experience.
There is a possibility to cheat, if you want. But it will cost you at least 1$.
Just support developer and you will have that possibility. ;)

jakzos

May 18, 2020
Any idea how can i train troops? i do have Eq (150\450) Training 544\250 Morale 108% but some what i can't train new troops.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Any idea how can i train troops? i do have Eq (150\450) Training 544\250 Morale 108% but some what i can't train new troops.
You need peasants to train, no point in having equipment and training point if there's no one to train. You get more peasants by upgrading the fields outside of the town and the slums IIRC.

Reactions: Krudo1

SirPEEPEE

May 10, 2018
I think i dont undertand the mechanics of the game enough or something, but I think should some sort of tutorial should be put in the game, like there are times where my citizens decrease and need to know how to replenish their numbers, im really confused how thing connecting from one to another.

Last edited:

bmrd

Aug 28, 2017
I think i dont undertand the mechanics of the game enough or something, but I think should some sort of tutorial should be put in the game, like there are times where my citizens decrease and need to know how to replenish their numbers, im really confused how thing connecting from one to another.
Instead of that one long tutorial video clip at the start of the game I think there should be a few screens of explanation where portions of the screen are highlighted and mechanics are explained. Should be much easier to learn the game that way

Reactions: Krudo1

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Please no... Unless the artist uses the same style.

The art is great, it's different, unique.

Love this game, the art, the story, the gameplay. It has so much potential.

If making a "tutorial" proves to be too difficult or annoying, just make tooltips for every major thing.

I simply cannot wait for more content! Very promising project, congratulations!

Oh and... See you on SubcribeStar!

Sorry for taking too long to respond here haha. At least I sent you a message on substar.

I wouldn't want to deviate from the artstyle either. Hopefully I would get better or get someone that is better at coloring.

I've been trying to add more tooltips, as well as making short 1 min videos, or video for now.

All in all thanks a lot for believing in the project! You have no idea how much that means to me.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Sorry it was so terse. I have played this game over a few of its releases. So I know there is a scene where you meet the sister near the animals and has its own love story thing. I literally never saw the sister once in this new save. So for some reason she didn't exist, similar with that Viking lady (the one who comes to warn you), the event just didn't happen. I was able to max skills, max my region. Yet nothing seemed to happen story wise.
I'm about to post a new release. You need to talk to the sister during the first few days so she doesn't disappear, although I did made her route quicker.

The valkrii as well I made it so it appears three times rather than just one.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Instead of that one long tutorial video clip at the start of the game I think there should be a few screens of explanation where portions of the screen are highlighted and mechanics are explained. Should be much easier to learn the game that way
That's the type of tutorial that's at the beginning of the game. Maybe you skipped it? Or was it not clear enough?

Reactions: Krudo1 and Furmilk

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Was the tutorial at the beginning not enough? Or did you skip it by accident?

Reactions: Furmilk

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Gonna try, but I made a third file and I'm on week 148, no prompts this time. Also playing on a higher difficulty so getting these skills is taking even longer (strength is max, working on Linguistics). At this point I'm convinced that they just don't trigger if you reach a certain power threshold. In all 3 files, they trigger within the first year, or don't come at all, which seems at odds with their description as one would think they would be drawn to a powerful kingdom for more powerful men.

Edit: I got curious and slapped my save into the save editor a few times to check some changing variables and I noticed the oddest thing. It seems sometimes when you save and load, the displayed variable change. Sometimes I can see the total gold, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can see various stats. Sometimes I can see my troop counts. They seem to change randomly. I'm beginning to wonder if some stats also turn invisible to Renpy as well, hence why the northern raiders didn't trigger at all in save 3. I'm gonna experiment with this line and load every so often.

Edit2: Didn't work, was a shot in the dark anyway.
I made some changes so the event appears 3 times on .9.

As for the save editor that's a complete mystery to me. I think it just can't load all the variables of the game at once or something.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I remember that being brought up, but it was a while ago. I've since managed to pass every edict while upsetting nobody, and max out all structures, including clearing the forests for more farmland and re-opening the mine. Is the raider missable? I'm pretty sure I fought the battle for it and I was thinking "Oh this is the raider battle! I better take on captives so I can capture her", but nothing happened. Did I need to lead the battle personally? I was using a captain instead of myself for a while so I didn't know the difference.

I started a new file assuming it was beyond salvation, and the raider event triggered once, but I loaded the save to avoid it because I wasn't ready. Now I'm on week 300+ with max everything and it won't trigger again. I also only recently got the witch event to trigger, so I'm guessing it just has low odds right now for some reason, or there's an event which blocks it from triggering that I'm unaware of.
You need to be a commander for the event to trigger.

On the build that I'm about to upload I increased the odds as well as making it so the event appears three times.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
can you make pregnacy to show more and myabe birth. so you cna se your children. how do i unlock incest

In the new version, .9, you can see the pregnancy, birth (although not graphically), as well as your children.

To change your relationship with certain characters you just have to activate royal content, and then right click on their portraits from the court menu.

bmrd

Aug 28, 2017
That's the type of tutorial that's at the beginning of the game. Maybe you skipped it? Or was it not clear enough?
I didn't skip it; my point was that it's just at the beginning of the game and it's difficult to retain all of that information at once. Would be better to space out the tutorial as you encounter different mechanics. It's still a fun game and I'm looking forward to future releases :)

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I didn't skip it; my point was that it's just at the beginning of the game and it's difficult to retain all of that information at once. Would be better to space out the tutorial as you encounter different mechanics. It's still a fun game and I'm looking forward to future releases :)
Ahhh gotcha, gotcha. I would need to sleep on it since I already sliced it in four parts. Thanks for the feedback!

And you can wait like five minutes since I just released a new update.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I see a lot of checks for scheming during the story events. Are these important, or is it mostly flavor text?

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes