3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I always go archer at the beginning for that reason. The only advantage is that he is more powerful as a man-at-arms, and even more so as a knight. More than than the regular units.
And just to be clear, his class is just determined by the highest stat? Maybe it would be better if we could pick it?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hmm some weirdness with skills still there I think. Spend time with Ellyn gives administrative skill, but it dissapears when you train something else. Playing 0.9 now.

tsukiouji

Jul 21, 2017
In the new version, .9, you can see the pregnancy, birth (although not graphically), as well as your children.

To change your relationship with certain characters you just have to activate royal content, and then right click on their portraits from the court menu.
aha! thank you! hopefully someone adds this to the OP

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
And just to be clear, his class is just determined by the highest stat? Maybe it would be better if we could pick it?
Yeah, that is how it works. I could add that, although if you have the luxury to pick it's probably the best to stick with knight regardless I would imagine.

Thanks for letting me know about that!

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
So had to start a new game because old save won't work, kinda feel sad because I put lot of effort to raise the kingdom and many stats...

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, that is how it works. I could add that, although if you have the luxury to pick it's probably the best to stick with knight regardless I would imagine.

Thanks for letting me know about that!
My reasoning is because fighting battles seem to be a good source of exp. Not being able to pick the class maybe makes it harder to switch class? Since you will keep gaining exp into the older class and you have to overcome it by training it manually. Not too far into the game, so maybe it's not as big of a problem as I imagine.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
So had to start a new game because old save won't work, kinda feel sad because I put lot of effort to raise the kingdom and many stats...
I'm sorry. I'll try to make next one save compatible. It's just hard to do so when implementing new mechanics.

Reactions: thevoid089

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
My reasoning is because fighting battles seem to be a good source of exp. Not being able to pick the class maybe makes it harder to switch class? Since you will keep gaining exp into the older class and you have to overcome it by training it manually. Not too far into the game, so maybe it's not as big of a problem as I imagine.
That's a good reasoning actually. Might be worth a shot exploring that alternative.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I'm sorry. I'll try to make next one save compatible. It's just hard to do so when implementing new mechanics.
No worry! At least I got experience from the first playthrough so I can do much better this time around, at least that the good part about it and beside I want to replay lot of event again for fun

Reactions: Krudo1

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
No worry! At least I got experience from the first playthrough so I can do much better this time around, at least that the good part about it and beside I want to replay lot of event again for fun
Good to hear that! Hopefully it's also easier because the court events are no longer completely randomized.

TheKid1

Aug 15, 2016
How do you keep/save stat upgrades using the console? I've upgraded them, but they revert right back

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
screenshot0001.png

This is the problem with user input incest. If you don't actually modify the script based on incest, it pretty much never works out without these types of breaks in immersion.

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
There are issues with the wrong usage of tenses in the text, like in "Your father and your brother did not died from illness." and "The possibility did crossed your mind."

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Skills are stored in an array called skills.
Is there a way to increase swordsmanship without triggering the Lady knight fight? I want to beat her, but I can't train it without triggering the event. Could you tell me the console command to edit swordsmanship if there isn't another way?

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
+1 to the remarks above from somebodynobody regarding using a tool like Grammarly or something similar. Since I am a big fan of Long Live the Queen I would support this game if more care was given to the writing. Despite what others have written here I actually like the art style; I don't expect something like Summertime Saga.

f95ccxx

Sep 21, 2017
How do you meet the Elven Queen? I've hosted the ambassador once, but never heard again from the elves.

Ozzymandias

Sep 29, 2017
Just had the vakrii event on the new version and i failed the strength check, there is no strength skill anymore in the game tho, i figured its athletics now and maxed that out, but that didnt seem to matter.

Edit:Event popped up again this time it worked, no clue whats up with that. Only trained intelligence in the meantime.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 19 Votes