3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
This is wishful thinking, but I think a morality system would be awesome. Not sure if the love/fear meter affects your personality or if it's just a stat for kingdom management. I always want to play some kinda tyrant in these types of story, dominating your queen mother and stuff like that lol. Either way, this is definitely going on top of my list of games to follow for gameplay purposes. It's really fun with very high replay value.
It would be something worth exploring if/hopefully when the project grows. Because right now I don't want to double all my work by making two routes for each character haha.

But I'm glad you like it! Thanks.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Realy ? I tought last i played it when you setup the incest right that the dialogue made sense tho KingmakerVN ? Maybe you can help here or who ever makes the incest work. :D
Yeah, you need to activate the royal option in the menu and change the landlady stuff. I know it's a handful, sorry.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: psico100

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Im sorry, but it just goes straight to the choice of difficulty after the talking with the father
It's very easy to click out of it, sadly. But it comes right after he says something like "First thing in the morning you shall..."

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
So is the conversations between us and the raider as well as the elves suppose to be illegible? I feel like I'm missing a lot of context despite my character seeming to know exactly what's going on. Also is there a point to Elanor's dance lessons besides lowing my renown?

Lastly before I sound like an ungrateful shit, ty dev, solid update.
If you increase the languages skill you can read what they say.

Eleanor trains swordsmanship faster than regular training, and eventually you'll get sex scenes so that is what you get in return.

Thanks!

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Just started playing and get this.
There seems to be zero information on what these choices mean/what they do. That would probably be useful.
Rather than just seemingly random choice with no knowledge of the effect. View attachment 1230907

Also, this:
View attachment 1230914
Should be "Given how the enemy hasn't found any luck"

View attachment 1230919
Really? No, I'm not.
Looks as though that throne is pretty empty, to me. :unsure:
Why mention a specific image, that doesn't exist?

View attachment 1230925
So I've literally just started the game, have not had a chance to perform any training of skills, have no clue what skills are even in the game, at this time.
Failing a skill check, before being introduced to skills, is a bit harsh.
I mean, I can understand that some skills won't be high enough, once I've been introduced and made choices on which ones I wish to train.
But before they've even been introduced in the game, failure. WTF?

View attachment 1230935
"Weighing". You can apply a weighting after you've established something's weight, by weighing it.

1. My idea behind it is that the first time you just gravitate to what you like, and discover what they do as you play and read the story. The second time you can minmax to your heart's content and meta play.

2.Thanks! I already changed it.

3. Hahaha. I can't do images for every single line of text. I would if I could, I just can't, sorry. Gotta use your imagination sometimes.

4. It's not really and important skill check. Just gives a bit of renown if you. I saw it as a way to get the player acquainted with how skill checks work right at the beginning before they really start to matter.

5. Once again thank you!

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
3. Hahaha. I can't do images for every single line of text. I would if I could, I just can't, sorry. Gotta use your imagination sometimes.
Then don't refer to it as an image, if it is not visible as one?
It specifically says that "You are greeted by the image of..." nothing.
Just an empty chair.
Why not just say "You are greeted by your Father, the King."?
Saying that you are greeted by an image, which you are not greeted by, is a very odd choice.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Just had the vakrii event on the new version and i failed the strength check, there is no strength skill anymore in the game tho, i figured its athletics now and maxed that out, but that didnt seem to matter.

Edit:Event popped up again this time it worked, no clue whats up with that. Only trained intelligence in the meantime.
Yeah, it is athletics now. I really don't know what happened so I'll try to recreate it. Thanks.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Then don't refer to it as an image, if it is not visible?
It specifically says that "You are greeted by the image of..." nothing.
Just an empty chair.
Why not just say "You are greeted by your Father, the King."?
Saying that you are greeted by an image, which you are not greeted by, is a very odd choice.
I dunno. I was not really referring to a literal .jpg image.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I dunno. I was not really referring to a literal .jpg image.
There is no image, of any type.
So don't refer to it as an image at all!
Why mention an image? Why not just say that you are greeted by your Father, as, you know, that's what actually happens?

• Angry
Reactions: desmosome

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Maybe sight would be a better word. I'll change it to that.
No, it wouldn't.
Mentioning anything that you specify that the MC is seeing, is weird if he doesn't see it.
Particularly when you say "greeted by the sight of his Father on the throne." & then show an empty throne.
All you have to say is that he was greeted by his Father, because that is what actually happens.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
1. My idea behind it is that the first time you just gravitate to what you like, and discover what they do as you play and read the story. The second time you can minmax to your heart's content and meta play.
That's a bit whack.
How am I supposed to know "what I like", without ANY information at all on what they do?
All I'm left with, is a guess at what they "might do".
Uninformed decisions are dumb.

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
+1 to the remarks above from somebodynobody regarding using a tool like Grammarly or something similar. Since I am a big fan of Long Live the Queen I would support this game if more care was given to the writing. Despite what others have written here I actually like the art style; I don't expect something like Summertime Saga.
Yeah, I'll download it. And I'll try to polish it more, even if I cringe with my writing after a while gaga. Hopefully the new events have fewer typos since I copy and paste now rather than just typing it into the code. And hopefully I can earn your contribution since any amount of help is important. Thanks!

Reactions: Skidmoria

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
No, it wouldn't.
Mentioning anything that you specify that the MC is seeing, is weird if he doesn't see it.
Particularly when you say "greeted by the sight of his Father on the throne." & then show an empty throne.
All you have to say is that he was greeted by his Father, because that is what actually happens.
Yeah but I feel like it's a bit dry to describe everything so succinctly.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
4. It's not really and important skill check. Just gives a bit of renown if you. I saw it as a way to get the player acquainted with how skill checks work right at the beginning before they really start to matter.
Same here.
How the hell is a player supposed to "get acquainted with how skill checks work" from picking 2 random, undefined & from what you've said here, obsolete choices?
I just failed a skill check and I have not been introduced to skills.
What the hell?

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
That's a bit whack.
How am I supposed to know "what I like", without ANY information at all on what they do?
All I'm left with, is a guess at what they "might do".
Uninformed decisions are dumb.
I dunno. It's not like people will make 100% right decisions the first time they play anyway. Almost everything will be an uninformed decision. You just gotta jump in sometimes.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah but I feel like it's a bit dry to describe everything so succinctly.
You think it's better to say "You are greeted by an image of X", when you are not?
Instead of simply saying "you are met by the King", which actually does happen?
OK. That tells me everything I need to know.
Good luck with this.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Same here.
How the hell is a player supposed to "get acquainted with how skill checks work" from picking 2 random, undefined & from what you've said here, obsolete choices?
I just failed a skill check and I have not been introduced to skills.
What the hell?
I mean they're not obsolete. It's just that you chose certain skills at the beginning, and then you see how that affected dialogue.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes