3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
That's find and dandy but it always pops off way before you can even get that far without cheating.
The same with the elf queen, never have enough points to get a good ending because there is no way to get that high when its pops up just after you take office.

To have good endings in both you must cheat stats or there is no way to get that high before they show up and once you get there they never show up again.
That's a good option. I might have gotten blindsided since I usually commit fully to one to test it out. And also because I'm afraid people won't play long enough to get those characters. I should definitely push their events a bit back, even if the event of the elven slavers is never deactivated, unlike the valkrii one that deactivates after three times.

Reactions: Belphegor007

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yep with the typo, I used save editor online to set it to -1. Here is the save.
I'm a huge dummy, sorry man this whole time I had "bethrothed" confused with "Bethrothed", changed the variable and everything works fine now (y)
Yeah, the Bethrothed variable is 8. Try changing it with the commands inside the game. I think it's Shift+O then type Bethrothed = -1

Lol no worries.

Reactions: ash

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Actually you don't have to meet the elves early if you avoid the diplomatic option. Fighting or bribing the slavers will give you the same choices after a few weeks so you have time to grind.
You did not get it, it comes up way before you can get that high and once it shows about 3 times it never shows again.
The elves showed up several times and before I can get high enough points it just stops showing up.
That's a good option. I might have gotten blindsided since I usually commit fully to one to test it out. And also because I'm afraid people won't play long enough to get those characters. I should definitely push their events a bit back, even if the event of the elven slavers is never deactivated, unlike the valkrii one that deactivates after three times.
That would work, the elves stop showing up after about 4 or 5 times I fought with them.
Both of the above showed up about the same time anyway.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Oh... I thought that was the intention...

What were you going to do with her then? Just cuck the poor bastard of the husband? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Haha right now I don't know what's my intention.

As far as I understood it the original story was her husband going nuts and trying to rebel, so yeah, I guess you cucked the man.

Krudo1

Apr 2, 2021
You could separate the events on the game like it was a theater play.

(This many events in the "first part" of the game. The first 20 days? maybe?)

(This many events in the "second part" of the game)

You could do as many parts as you need, and that way people will have a chance to avoid getting rushed by an "unfair skill check".

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
You could separate the events on the game like it was a theater play.

(This many events in the "first part" of the game. The first 20 days? maybe?)

(This many events in the "second part" of the game)

You could do as many parts as you need, and that way people will have a chance to avoid getting rushed by an "unfair skill check".
Hahaha the funny part is that it already does that, it's just not that well balanced it seems.

Great minds think alike.

skirmishMedEvents and skirmishHardEvents are the variables that check this.

Krudo1

Apr 2, 2021
Hahaha the funny part is that it already does that, it's just not that well balanced it seems.

Great minds think alike.

skirmishMedEvents and skirmishHardEvents are the variables that check this.
For the Valkrii and the ElvenQ did you implement an X amount of days condition? How many?

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
For the Valkrii and the ElvenQ did you implement an X amount of days condition? How many?
I think both are medium level events, so they can appear after week 20. I should have changed that once I made the events more likely to appear.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
If you increase the languages skill you can read what they say.
But I've maxed language and they still speak in runes. Hell even my character is speaking in runes when he talks to them. And despite me not being able to understand a word of it, my character keeps going without missing a beat. I was literally guessing my responses to the elf queen during the dance.

Not sure if it matters but I picked the lowest difficulty this time, maybe it doesn't register properly if it's just under the "knowledge" umbrella?

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
But I've maxed language and they still speak in runes. Hell even my character is speaking in runes when he talks to them. And despite me not being able to understand a word of it, my character keeps going without missing a beat. I was literally guessing my responses to the elf queen during the dance.

Not sure if it matters but I picked the lowest difficulty this time, maybe it doesn't register properly if it's just under the "knowledge" umbrella?

That is weird. I should check it out. For now you can fix it with a command ElvenTongue = "LibreBaskerville.ttf"

Reactions: Furmilk

Krudo1

Apr 2, 2021

I also play on easy mode. And I think the skill bar is bugged. Whenever I choose a starting skill, the bar show me that I have 50 points (50/100) in that skill, but when I take a skill check that requires 40, I fail, so maybe is bugged.

Oh, and whenever I play on medium difficulty and I choose a primary skill (the path), the bar shows me that I have 25 points (25/100) on each skill. Maybe is because of the difficulty but I don't think so...

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What determines the post combat stat gains? When I was an archer in a big fight, my dude would get massive stats like 15 archery 10 athletics. When I tried a swordsman start, he gains 0 swordsmanship, and just a couple athletics.

Tactics/strategy gain is pretty low on both cases, but swordsman seemed to get a bit more.

I have a feeling it's because the guy needs to fall back after taking some hits so he can't rack up the damage? While archers just sit there all day and shoot so the exp is high. Hmm... the balance is a bit off, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Also, the Ellyn administration stat gain disappears after training anything. I think I mentioned it, but just making sure.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes