3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What if you let the player go visit the north woman or elves during one of your training time slots? Like if you get their mission and meet them once, but lack the language or whatever skill to proceed to the good outcome, you can make some UI thing to go visit them at your own pace later, once you lvl up the relevant skills. Maybe that's too casual, but I think getting locked out of potential characters and story chunks is kinda annoying.

Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
Activate the royal option in the content menu and then right click the portrait of the characters in the court menu to change your relationship with them.
weird. I do it and they still call Jocelyn a ward and a lady instead of princess.

EDIT: Got it. I solved the problem, it was on my end.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingmakerVN

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Oh my God, those characters are fugly! And the lady with pretty-much-monobrows, shiiiit. I suggest you work on the artwork. But thanks anyway.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Well that has nothing to do with "Intrigue"!
Actually it IS basic meaning of "Intrigue" stat in Crusaders Kings game series. And CK2-3 are gold standard for any medieval-theme games - battles, economy, religions, assassinations, marriage games, cheating and incest - everything is on table. Hell, with recent addition of nudinity in vanila CK3 it have more lewd content that many games here. And that's even without mods :D

Mar 19, 2019
So I may have encountered a couple bugs 1.) although I have my language maxed out, I still cant understand the raider and elf ambassador 2.) I am unable to get the 4th option when negotiating with the elf ambassador (I followed the video) to marry the queen.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Actually it IS basic meaning of "Intrigue" stat in Crusaders Kings game series. And CK2-3 are gold standard for any medieval-theme games - battles, economy, religions, assassinations, marriage games, cheating and incest - everything is on table. Hell, with recent addition of nudinity in vanila CK3 it have more lewd content that many games here. And that's even without mods :D
No idea what you're talking about, sorry.
Never heard of CK with whichever number following.
Dev already responded, anyway.
"The secret planning of something illicit or detrimental."
Which still doesn't explain which skills or stats you gain by choosing it.

Each "life path" choice provides 3 skills.
I suggested that it would be useful to know what the skills we gain are, or what they do, before choosing, so that we can make an informed decision about which to choose.

You haven't even seen the skills when you make the choice, so have no idea what Intrigue or Steward are going to give you.
You can guess that Steward is going to be beneficial to looking after the building and development, but what if it's not?
What if you're wrong & instead it gives you better tax options, or better relationships with Nobility, or the Clergy?
Even if you're right, at the point of choosing, you have no idea how much this is even required in the game.

Same for Intrigue. Yes, you can guess that it's gonna give you stealth & sabotage skills, but you don't know.
I'd expect those skills to be useful in battle, or for laying siege to an enemy.
Intrigue could very well refer to being somewhat mysterious, having a good poker hand, making you good at negotiations.
Instead it refers specifically to 3 skills, but you have no idea of that fact, or what those skills even are.
Never mind how they affect the game.

Warrior is obviously going to be fighting, but would still be useful to know which fighting skills it provides.
Tactical/Strategy/Physical/Swordsman/Archer/Horse/Pike? You have no idea what it does, at the time of choosing, other than increase something to do with fighting.
Can't remember the 4th choice, doesn't really matter what it is. Same thing still applies.
Then the following 3 are equally obscure as to what they affect & how.
Random, uninformed choices that directly impact gameplay & ability to progress, are not helpful.

Fact still remains, those choices have an impact.
So being informed of what that impact is, before/when choosing, is not an unreasonable suggestion.
Most other games give this sort of information when making game/character affecting choices.

Another issue came with some skills being increased by Activities with NPCs, such as Administration from (I think) Ellyn & Horses from Rose.
These increases disappeared instantly.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: penzor

Krudo1

Apr 2, 2021
So I may have encountered a couple bugs 1.) although I have my language maxed out, I still cant understand the raider and elf ambassador 2.) I am unable to get the 4th option when negotiating with the elf ambassador (I followed the video) to marry the queen.
If you are playing on easy, the indicator is bugged, it says that you have 50/100, but you actually have 25/100 of the skill that you choose at the beginning. It may be that.

Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
I am having problems with the elves diplomat. I can't get the marriage proposal no matter what, it only shows the 3 first options and they are 0,5,5 points.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
That is weird. I should check it out. For now you can fix it with a command ElvenTongue = "LibreBaskerville.ttf"
Same for me. I've put language up to 100 but still shows as elven jibberish and in your code it looks like both the "linguist >=100" and the "else" text is all using the same {font=[ElvenTongue]} tag which might be why?

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
KingmakerVN FYI, in your text you often write 'king' when the king is being addressed (eg. You honour us, king *whatever*). Given it's a title, should be 'King'. Same with the elven queen as well (and maybe the other queen too). My OCD side humbly requests you to update this :p

Last edited:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
KingmakerVN FYI, in your text you often write 'king' when the king is being addressed (eg. You honour us, king *whatever*). Given it's a title, should be 'King'. My OCD side humbly requests you to update this :p
If I remember correctly - it actually should be "your highness / your grace". Title isn't used at direct conversation.

• Red Heart

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018
Here is the Italian translation
of Kingmaker [v0.9.0 Public]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Kingmaker [v0.9.0 Public]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of Kingmaker [v0.8.0 Public]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Kingmaker [v0.8.0 Public]
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation
Updated: 2021-06-05
Version: 0.9.0 Public

• Red Heart
Jul 1, 2017
So stats in console can be increased (eg Rhetoric=+100). Anyway to make them permanent? The previous bit resets after sleeping...

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
If I remember correctly - it actually should be "your highness / your grace". Title isn't used at direct conversation.
For a monarch, the proper form of address would be "your majesty". Customs vary regionally and historically, but very roughly, "your (royal) highness" would be for addressing other nobility such as the immediate members of the royal family, "your grace" for dukes (rulers of territories below the level of a kingdom) and bishops.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Thought I'd give this another spin. I last played through this in late March, but loading any of my saves from then leads to immediate errors.

I don't see anything in the change-logs about saves being broken, so just thought I'd ask: Any chance of salvaging my saves or do I need to grind through this again?

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes