3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Sangera

May 21, 2017
I replayed it today and got the Raiders event 3 weeks in a row. I think we need a grace period after a event fires.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
So stats in console can be increased (eg Rhetoric=+100). Anyway to make them permanent? The previous bit resets after sleeping...
Yes, you need to use the 'skills' array.
If you enter that into the console, it will output your current values. It will look like this: 1623002274276.png

You can then use 'skills = [newarray]' to change the values. eg:
1623002361792.png

Where the numbers are as below (best i can give you, names aren't an exact to in game in some cases, like Strength is Athletics and others like dance aren't in the game atm). Note: The first number in each 4 group seems to auto calculate based on the others and can probably be set to anything, maybe. Don't quote me on that.

Diplomacy, Rhetoric, PublicSpeaking, Etiquette
Martial, Strategy, Tactics, Logistics
Weapons, Swordsmanship, Archery, Polearms
Intrigue, Intelligence, Lying, Scheming
Stewardship, Administration, Trade, Production
Knowledge, History, Medicine, Linguistics
Athletics, Endurance, Strength, Agility
Animal, Horsemanship, Falconry, Dog training
Arts, Dance, Poetry, Instrument

Examples:
If you want to max athletics, then you need the 7th set of numbers to be something like [100.0, 0.0, 100.0, 0.0]
If you want max etiquette but only mid other diplomacy skills then the 1st set of numbers should be something like [75.0, 50.0, 50.0, 100.0]
To max everything, set all numbers to 100.0 obviously.

Just make sure to use the whole array in the right format.

Finally, after you update, it wont reflect on the stats screen until you train a skill (or possibly do something else, i didnt test other stuff), but if you enter 'skills' into the console again you should see it return your new values.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: dokodesuka

Krudo1

Apr 2, 2021
Thought I'd give this another spin. I last played through this in late March, but loading any of my saves from then leads to immediate errors.

I don't see anything in the change-logs about saves being broken, so just thought I'd ask: Any chance of salvaging my saves or do I need to grind through this again?
Unfortunately oldsaves are not compatible with newer versions :(

Twist209

Jun 8, 2018
Yes, you need to use the 'skills' array.
If you enter that into the console, it will output your current values. It will look like this: View attachment 1232603

You can then use 'skills = [newarray]' to change the values. eg:
View attachment 1232611

Where the numbers are as below (best i can give you, names aren't an exact to in game in some cases, like Strength is Athletics and others like dance aren't in the game atm). Note: The first number in each 4 group seems to auto calculate based on the others and can probably be set to anything, maybe. Don't quote me on that.

Diplomacy, Rhetoric, PublicSpeaking, Etiquette
Martial, Strategy, Tactics, Logistics
Weapons, Swordsmanship, Archery, Polearms
Intrigue, Intelligence, Lying, Scheming
Stewardship, Administration, Trade, Production
Knowledge, History, Medicine, Linguistics
Athletics, Endurance, Strength, Agility
Animal, Horsemanship, Falconry, Dog training
Arts, Dance, Poetry, Instrument

Examples:
If you want to max athletics, then you need the 7th set of numbers to be something like [100.0, 0.0, 100.0, 0.0]
If you want max etiquette but only mid other diplomacy skills then the 1st set of numbers should be something like [75.0, 50.0, 50.0, 100.0]
To max everything, set all numbers to 100.0 obviously.

Just make sure to use the whole array in the right format.

Finally, after you update, it wont reflect on the stats screen until you train a skill (or possibly do something else, i didnt test other stuff), but if you enter 'skills' into the console again you should see it return your new values.
Hi how do you enable the skills array? when i type 'skills' it just shows a text box with which just says skills

Krudo1

Apr 2, 2021
Here. This is the mod file I use. You need to copy/paste it in the "game folder" and erase the "script.rpyc" file

Start a new game, and select Intrigue path, Stewardship path, Martial path and diplomacy path (in that order), and then select warrior and wiseman path (in that order). It's not perfect but I hope it helps (y)

Edit: Had to take down the modified file, I should have use a ZIP file instead of just uploading the script directly. I'll make a new one later. Sorry

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
KingmakerVN FYI, in your text you often write 'king' when the king is being addressed (eg. You honour us, king *whatever*). Given it's a title, should be 'King'. Same with the elven queen as well (and maybe the other queen too). My OCD side humbly requests you to update this :p
Done. Thanks!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Uzhirian

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
For a monarch, the proper form of address would be "your majesty". Customs vary regionally and historically, but very roughly, "your (royal) highness" would be for addressing other nobility such as the immediate members of the royal family, "your grace" for dukes (rulers of territories below the level of a kingdom) and bishops.
I just didn't know if it would be weird for equals to refer to each other with such reverence.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
What determines the post combat stat gains? When I was an archer in a big fight, my dude would get massive stats like 15 archery 10 athletics. When I tried a swordsman start, he gains 0 swordsmanship, and just a couple athletics.

Tactics/strategy gain is pretty low on both cases, but swordsman seemed to get a bit more.

I have a feeling it's because the guy needs to fall back after taking some hits so he can't rack up the damage? While archers just sit there all day and shoot so the exp is high. Hmm... the balance is a bit off, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Also, the Ellyn administration stat gain disappears after training anything. I think I mentioned it, but just making sure.

Yeah, I still need to do some serious balancing since exp gain is not something I've done before. But I athletics should be tied to kills, as well as the weapon stats. Maybe I could tie it up to attacks instead.

The Ellyn stuff should be fixed in 0.9.1. Thanks.

Reactions: desmosome

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
What if you let the player go visit the north woman or elves during one of your training time slots? Like if you get their mission and meet them once, but lack the language or whatever skill to proceed to the good outcome, you can make some UI thing to go visit them at your own pace later, once you lvl up the relevant skills. Maybe that's too casual, but I think getting locked out of potential characters and story chunks is kinda annoying.

For the elven queen you don't have to initiate the diplomatic mission immediately. For the Valkrii I do want to implement something like what you say. But I don't know how to do it naturally until I implement the world map and conquering mechanics.

Reactions: desmosome

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Same for me. I've put language up to 100 but still shows as elven jibberish and in your code it looks like both the "linguist >=100" and the "else" text is all using the same {font=[ElvenTongue]} tag which might be why?
Did you change it with cheats?

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes