3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I accepted the marriage deal with the elves with enough points, my question is how long does it take to meet the elf queen? Its been life a 100 weeks already since I made the deal.

Uhh... it should be 4 weeks. What did they say?

SirPEEPEE

May 10, 2018
Uhh... it should be 4 weeks. What did they say?
The line was "you must be joking, very well then, I could say this was a pleasure, king Norwyn". I had 11 points and the marriage deal cost 10.

edit: I met Ursa before reaching 4 weeks after the deal, does it affect the progression of the elf queen?

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
The line was "you must be joking, very well then, I could say this was a pleasure, king Norwyn". I had 11 points and the marriage deal cost 10.

edit: I met Ursa before reaching 4 weeks after the deal, does it affect the progression of the elf queen?
Oh, I messed up. Sorry. I lowered it on the text but not the code. You need 12. You could just write a command for it. wildVar = 12.

No, Ursa doesn't affect it.

Reactions: SirPEEPEE

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Would the one like the video suffice? Or should I go for a different style for the guides?
There's a video? Personal preference for me is a old fashioned gamefaqs style guide (ASCII art optional), where you list out the various events at the top and I ctrl+f to find what I'm looking for. But if you're doubtful, this might be the kind of thing to make a poll for.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
There's a video? Personal preference for me is a old fashioned gamefaqs style guide (ASCII art optional), where you list out the various events at the top and I ctrl+f to find what I'm looking for. But if you're doubtful, this might be the kind of thing to make a poll for.
Hahaha that's my preference too. It's just that it seemed like more work.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Would the one like the video suffice? Or should I go for a different style for the guides?
Hahaha that's my preference too. It's just that it seemed like more work.
Anything but video would be my preference. Have no patience for sitting through videos when I could just skim through a written document. But of course you're under no obligation to cater to our preferences.

I took this out for another turn, got to the bit where the Elves show up (new to me), picked some of the more confrontational options during the conversation and ran into some buggery.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
is there a check for how long between barbarian quest there are? Im pretty sure i only said no 2 times but I have not seen the quest pop up

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Anything but video would be my preference. Have no patience for sitting through videos when I could just skim through a written document. But of course you're under no obligation to cater to our preferences.

I took this out for another turn, got to the bit where the Elves show up (new to me), picked some of the more confrontational options during the conversation and ran into some buggery.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hahaha they wouldn't be long videos. The one to get the elven queen is less than one minute. I probably should give the written guide a try. I just wouldn't know how to go about it or where to publish it.

I think I just went crazy hahaha. I made the button for that character but forgot to put it in the files apparently. At least almost no one decided to be a contrarian haha.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Because the thing is that that is already the case for the main story events, it's just that I always saw the elven queen, valkrii, witch, etc, as side content that is optional and would add replayability once the game is finished. But I guess right now it feels more like a headache for players, sadly.
Yeah, I think variable side content can be less frustrating in a linear game where the player can just ctrl-skip through to get the events again and try different options. In a slightly more fiddly management-ish game like this, playing through the game again just to try a new approach to an event can feel more like a chore. Just my opinion of course.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yeah, I think variable side content can be less frustrating in a linear game where the player can just ctrl-skip through to get the events again and try different options. In a slightly more fiddly management-ish game like this, playing through the game again just to try a new approach to an event can feel more like a chore. Just my opinion of course.
I don't think I really want to compromise with the side events. Not only because it would become a headache to try and balance a timeline that doesn't extend for gods know how many in-game years, but also because the player might end up having to skip through a lot to get a character they want.

What I could do however is basically put some training wheels on the baron mode, and pretty much make it impossible to lose and even faster to gain skills. That way it might become more ctrl-skip.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
That surprises me. They're a bunch of arseholes encroaching on your territory, anything else seemed counterintuitive.
They are, but right now that's the only path to get the elven queen haha. One day when I implement the conquest mechanic you'll probably be able to go and kick them a bit before striking a marriage alliance as a peace treaty.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I don't think I really want to compromise with the side events. Not only because it would become a headache to try and balance a timeline that doesn't extend for gods know how many in-game years, but also because the player might end up having to skip through a lot to get a character they want.

What I could do however is basically put some training wheels on the baron mode, and pretty much make it impossible to lose and even faster to gain skills. That way it might become more ctrl-skip.
Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting you change anything in the game play. This is not a linear vn-style game, and I don't think there's much to be gained from trying to force it into that mould. I was just trying to suggest why having side content that's fairly easy to miss/screw up can be frustrating to the player in a game of this type.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting you change anything in the game play. This is not a linear vn-style game, and I don't think there's much to be gained from trying to force it into that mould. I was just trying to suggest why having side content that's fairly easy to miss/screw up can be frustrating to the player in a game of this type.
I don't really see it as messing with the gameplay. I think at this stage is important to have an option for those that only want to see the new content, rather than play. That is mostly what the easy mode was intended for. I would only be making it easier.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes