3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
They are, but right now that's the only path to get the elven queen haha. One day when I implement the conquest mechanic you'll probably be able to go and kick them a bit before striking a marriage alliance as a peace treaty.
That'd be nice. I'd just spent a year building up my lovely army when these wankers showed up and started throwing their weight around: the idea that toadying to them might be the preferred option simply didn't occur to me.

But looking at the script now I sorta see the logic of the event. Here's a quick stab at a written walkthrough for that event chain only.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
That'd be nice. I'd just spent a year building up my lovely army when these wankers showed up and started throwing their weight around: the idea that toadying to them might be the preferred option simply didn't occur to me.

But looking at the script now I sorta see the logic of the event. Here's a quick stab at a written walkthrough for that event chain only.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow. Thanks a lot for taking the time. That is a great guide on making guides haha.

Reactions: gregers

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
This is a very good idea. A quest tab. You can also make it as a journal o something like that.
Yeah, but it's something that I would need to give some thought to, as I don't really know how I would go about it.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Made a quick thread search but didn't get any hits...
it seems that learning skills via a person and via a daily action in the castle are buged.
Learning a skill with the help of a Person should apparently help raising the skill by the double, but if you push in a normal training session afterwards the progress actually decreases by 1 point instead of raising, makeing leveling pretty much impossible

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Kingmaker [v0.9.1 Public] APK -

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
it seems that learning skills via a person and via a daily action in the castle are buged.
Learning a skill with the help of a Person should apparently help raising the skill by the double, but if you push in a normal training session afterwards the progress actually decreases by 1 point instead of raising, makeing leveling pretty much impossible
That is very weird and interesting let me check that. And thank you for letting me know!

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
it seems that learning skills via a person and via a daily action in the castle are bugged.
Learning a skill with the help of a Person should apparently help to raise the skill by the double, but if you push in a normal training session afterward the progress actually decreases by 1 point instead of raising, making leveling pretty much impossible
I can't seem to be able to recreate it. Which skill did you train and which version of the game was it done in?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I can't seem to be able to recreate it. Which skill did you train and which version of the game was it done in?
I experienced that phenomenon, with Sword training with the iron maiden, followed with sword training in the court.
Administrative Actions with the young Maid followed by the Action in the tower.
And Later Administration with the (former) Queen and again followed by a training session in the tower the next day.

The bar chart moves ahead 2 fields when a person teaches me and the next time I train in a location on my own the progress from training with the previous person seem to be lost as the bar chart displays only enough progress as if I had taken a single individual traininng session.
I was able to recreate that phenomenon atleast 10 times before I noticed and proofed my assumption.
I mean there could be a chance that it's a problem with displaying the progress of the bar, but I also failed several skill checks that I should have passed if the double training effect did work

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I experienced that phenomenon, with Sword training with the iron maiden, followed with sword training in the court.
And Later Administration with the (former) Queen and again followed by a training session in the tower the next day.

The bar chart moves ahead 2 fields when a person teaches me and the next time I train in a location on my own the progress from training with the previous person seem to be lost as the bar chart displays only enough progress as if I had taken a single individual traininng session.
I was able to recreate that phenomenon atleast 10 times before I noticed and proofed my assumption.
I mean there could be a chance that it's a problem with displaying the progress of the bar, but I also failed several skill checks that I should have passed if the double training effect did work
I need to check the sword one, but I think I fixed the maid one in 0.9.1. Let me see. Once again thank you for taking the time to let me know.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019

I fixed it now. Thanks!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
One Question... what is the requirement to pass the "presence" check on Lady Pendragon's arrival?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
One Question... what is the requirement to pass the "presence" check on Lady Pendragon's arrival?
When not taking anyone's side during her row with the two lords? That's a combined Rhetoric + Public speaking check, normal difficulty. So you'll probably want the average of those two skills to be somewhere above 35-40.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KingmakerVN

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
When not taking anyone's side during her row with the two lords? That's a combined Rhetoric + Public speaking check, normal difficulty. So you'll probably want the average of those two skills to be somewhere above 35-40.
Thanks... gues that's a check that I won't be able to pass with my current playthrough.
So far I managed to barely pass any of the arriving Lords checks, but for that one I probably had to start as diplomat and not intrigue

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Thanks... gues that's a check that I won't be able to pass with my current playthrough.
So far I managed to barely pass any of the arriving Lords checks, but for that one I probably had to start as diplomat and not intrigue
If it's any consolation, it's very limited impact, just a medium renown gain instead of a loss. And the loss of Renown you get for failing the check is cancelled out almost immediately because of what looks like a typo in the file (KingmakerVN, lines 78081-2: notification says "Renown decrease" but it's actually a med_increase).

• Red Heart
Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
If it's any consolation, it's very limited impact, just a medium renown gain instead of a loss. And the loss of Renown you get for failing the check is cancelled out almost immediately because of what looks like a typo in the file (KingmakerVN, lines 78081-2: notification says "Renown decrease" but it's actually a med_increase).
Hahahaha I feel so vulnerable with you knowing my code.

Thank you for letting me know. I wouldn't have caught it otherwise.

• Red Heart
3.40 star(s) 19 Votes