3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
found a minor bug.
Spending time with princess Rosalyn has a chance to trigger a falconer hunt event (which is supposed to raise the affiliated stat), even though there no longer is a stat like that

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
found a minor bug.
Spending time with princess Rosalyn has a chance to trigger a falconer hunt event (which is supposed to raise the affiliated stat), even though there no longer is a stat like that
Thanks for letting me know!

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Quite nice yet unpolished game (seems that dev using public release as beta test if that so it's fine).

Bugs I'd encountered (I used console to change "skills" list in a safe way - using new game 50 in favorite area as default):
0) Battles. Game show 0 causalities at end of combat yet I'd lost a few soldiers of every type that participated in battle. Very annoying bug.
1) When I'm disbanding soldiers I don't get back levies. So no retraining option or chance to upgrade my limited forces =/
2) When I'm training soldiers counter how many to hire is going 1 > 10 > 20, yet in another way it's going 20 > 10 > 0, making me unable to hire one more soldier if I previously hired ten of them.
3) Morale is happily going over 100%.
4) At game start it show /0 limit for equipment, quite confusing. Also - buildings upgrade seems to increase max limits for Equipment & Training, yet it doesn't included into description.
5) Completed infrastructure upgrades like Mine or Roads still offer "Next" with some +military power.
6) Game design flaw - once I'd maxed all skills I'm locked and unable to pass days without triggering girls story events. Technically you're forcing player to pursuit multiple girls (as their events are tied to time of day) even if he want to keep a single waifu. :)
7) Game design flaw - hiding some events with main characters behind a specific skill trainings is a very bad choice. Why player can't roleplay a character that never doing X or Y?
8) Tooltips are horrible mess both in "Report" window (often I see something like "info 5"), or in crown lands UI (something like "4d"). IMHO - even classic "To be done" is much better, especially in crown lands UI as 1-2-3-4d default meaning is 1...4 days and it's confusing a lot.
9) Witch encounter mention (accept her offer) mention that she will come to our castle, yet nothing is happening later. No message "end of current story arc" too.
10) We have a penalty for being "uncrowned" yet no crowning events? :cautious: Or something is broken for me after arrival of lady-knight. Lord Hugh event mentioned hunting together with him - yet no event'd fired & no message "end of storyline" in dialogue with him.
11) Elves enslaved our Rat Lord during his negotiations? :) He never'd been seen back in castle after that even & disappeared from "Reports" too.
12) I have option to send "Dowager Queen" even when I never meet her. Also it's quite mean to send a Queen as ambassador - I'm not emperor yet! IMHO she should be called something like warchief or at least "petty queen".
13) Sex with elven queen mention her being pregnant before seeing event that telling us about her pregnancy. That event happily fire over and over (if you're keeping having a sex with her - and why not?!)
14) Duel with Pendragon - successful Swordmanship check still leading to loosing duel and Renown. Excuse me good sir? o_O
15) Fingering scene with Rosalyn happily triggered twice in a row (as I understand first time was as result of spending daytime with her then bugs forced it to repeat instantly).

P.S. Really, really want to see an option to marry on slave accompanying elven ambassador (redheads ^_^) and burn elven kingdom together to bring revenge and justice on them.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
2) When I'm training soldiers counter how many to hire is going 1 > 10 > 20, yet in another way it's going 20 > 10 > 0, making me unable to hire one more soldier if I previously hired ten of them.

6) Game design flaw - once I'd maxed all skills I'm locked and unable to pass days without triggering girls story events. Technically you're forcing player to pursuit multiple girls (as their events are tied to time of day) even if he want to keep a single waifu. :)

9) Witch encounter mention (accept her offer) mention that she will come to our castle, yet nothing is happening later. No message "end of current story arc" too.

12) I have option to send "Dowager Queen" even when I never meet her. Also it's quite mean to send a Queen as ambassador - I'm not emperor yet! IMHO she should be called something like warchief or at least "petty queen".

14) Duel with Pendragon - successful Swordmanship check still leading to loosing duel and Renown. Excuse me good sir? o_O

P.S. Really, really want to see an option to marry on slave accompanying elven ambassador (redheads ^_^) and burn elven kingdom together to bring revenge and justice on them.
@ 2: Yeah, but you can just close the recruitment window and open it back up again to get the recruit 1 option. A bit of a faff, but no biggie IMO.

@ 6: A "skip time" option would definitely be welcome.

@ 9: She pops up again during the Elven diplomat's visit but other than that her content does seem underdeveloped for now.

@ 12: A 'dowager' is a titled widow, so in this case the widow of the old king (the MC's 'landlady') is formally the dowager queen.

@ 14: She's the best swordfighter in the kingdom, the MC will lose to her. A succesful check allows you to lose gracefully.

@ P.S.: Good to see I'm not the only bloodthirsty player around.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KingmakerVN

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
0) Battles. Game show 0 causalities at end of combat yet I'd lost a few soldiers of every type that participated in battle. Very annoying bug.
How many "Survivors" were in your list?
Those mean injured soldiers and as far as I remember depending on your medecine skill more of those injured will be able to keep fighting for you afterwards...
The rest will leave your service as crippled Veterans
1) When I'm disbanding soldiers I don't get back levies. So no retraining option or chance to upgrade my limited forces =/
Being a Levie means to serve your time in the Kings army... being released from service means the man can return to his previous live
It should reset to 100% on every new week though

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
@ 9: She pops up again during the Elven diplomat's visit but other than that her content does seem underdeveloped for now.
Then we definitely need "end of content" note here. Game is a sandbox with semi-random events & no gallery => without warning player unsure when that story arc is ended so I will assume there is a bugs preventing me from seeing some content. :)

@ 12: A 'dowager' is a titled widow, so in this case the widow of the old king (the MC's 'landlady') is formally the dowager queen.
I never saw that title in use at first events with old queen. And it's definitely breaking logic when 3 options are named and one is not.

@ 14: She's the best swordfighter in the kingdom, the MC will lose to her. A succesful check allows you to lose gracefully.
No, it's a bad game design - as it's state that player skills mean nothing and that's breaking sandbox feeling completely. It will be okay if she was a vampire or God-Emperor himself yet she is a mere human and in same league with us - player should be able to at least make a draw with her, even if it will require 100 Sword skill.
Another option will be to have some extreme skills checks to avoid being overconfident or catch her cheating someway.
It will be a fine if game was a VN, but again we have a sandbox here. So our maxed skills should mean that MC is among best of the best in that field.

And another option that it's breaking skill system - "success" roll that mean actually a "failure" for player. That should never happen, if dev really want make that fight unwinnable ( :FacePalm: if we don't find later that Pendragon isn't human or using some kind of magic) - then it should have unpassable skill check like 120. Probably two skill checks - first with passable DC to determine that we are able to fight with her for some time at all, second is unpassable.

Last edited:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
How many "Survivors" were in your list?
Those mean injured soldiers and as far as I remember depending on your medecine skill more of those injured will be able to keep fighting for you afterwards...
The rest will leave your service as crippled Veterans
Usually 0...5. Yet I'm loosing ~6 soldiers in every (!) type.

Being a Levie means to serve your time in the Kings army... being released from service means the man can return to his previous live
Levy simply are unable to became knights :) Game seems actually using late medieval system with paid soldiers and then recruits were usually permanently enlisted in army.
Still - it would be nice to have an option to upgrade our soldiers. At least directly : light infantry -> heavy, light cavalry -> heavy and so on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No, it's a bad game design - as it's state that player skills mean nothing and that's breaking sandbox feeling completely. It will be okay if she was a vampire or God-Emperor himself yet she is a mere human and in same league with us - player should be able to at least make a draw with her, even if it will require 100 Sword skill.
Another option will be to have some extreme skills checks to avoid being overconfident or catch her cheating someway.
It will be a fine if game was a VN, but again we have a sandbox here. So our maxed skills should mean that MC is among best of the best in that field.
The MC is a Jack of all Trades, but Master in none.
the "Rose Knight" whom is considered the best fighter in the Land is warning you about fighting her and indicates that even himself isn't sure he could beat her.
And am I mistaken that if you "loose graciously" the damage to your reknown is less than failing the check?
Also it's part of her story that males underestimate her and in false pride try to lash out with their "masculinity" against her.
Putting the Player up to that choice at the beginning is VERY fitting

• Red Heart

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
The MC is a jack of all trades but Master in none.
:D So you think that someone will be more skilled in administration then king with 100 Administration skill? Seriously?

Also it's part of her story that males underestimate her and in false pride try to lash out with their "masculinity" against her.
Then put a level 100 Intelligence check to avoid that (or 100+ to fail in any way but it's too stupid). Game is a fantasy so I will not touch wasp nest of biology issues hidden here ;)

You still don't understand main reason of my disapproval for that event. Again - I'm not completely against losing in event, I want consistent game mechanic to show us why we're loosing. If we are using skill-based system then "success" should lead to success not reduced failure.

It's one of basic examples in any DM/GM instructions - never make a roll if player should lose for a story OR be sure it's 100% unwinnable even for munchkin player. It's completely breaking immersion when your character skills aren't working just because of plot armor.

Yet currently our MC is not failing a single skill check then suddenly loosing a fight. It's absolutely ridiculous for a serious RPG system.

That's why I suggesting at least to make two separate checks - first winnable, second is not. Probably an Intelligence check for some hints if she is non-human / using magic skills or items in fight.

P.S. If it's intended by dev that player is jack-of-all-trades then some skills (that MC are unable to master) should have cap less then 100 (or ruler skills should have cap more then 100).

• Red Heart

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
:D So you think that someone will be more skilled in administration then king with 100 Administration skill? Seriously?
The game states multiply times that the (former) Queen is... so yes
Yet currently our MC is not failing a single skill check then suddenly loosing a fight. It's absolutely ridiculous for a serious RPG system.
Dureing battle the MC can be bested by a single soldier even with all combat related skills at 100... cause on a battlefield even a stray arrow is deadly... is that unrealistic or simply to realistic for a "fantasy game"?
P.S. If it's intended by dev that player is jack-of-all-trades then some skills (that MC are unable to master) should have cap less then 100 (or ruler skills should have cap more then 100).
Why?
The caps show the limit of the MCs potential, if you forcefully reduce that in order to have a comparison to true masters in the realm people will get much more confused and likely will request the option to max said skills out.
Also how would you ever know you actually trained the skill to the max if there is still a leeway on it...
sounds like you request the implementation on something you wanted to remove before
Then we definitely need "end of content" note here.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
The game states multiply times that the (former) Queen is... so yes
First she was a queen. Same title like us so it doesn't count :) If you remember history - ruling queens are became reality much earlier then female officers.
Second - then how she lost her kingdom and became diplo-annexed by her husband?

Dureing battle the MC can be bested by a single soldier even with all combat related skills at 100... cause on a battlefield even a stray arrow is deadly... is that unrealistic or simply to realistic for a "fantasy game"?
Game isn't showing skill rolls in battles to us. So I can't judge it here (digging into code isn't fair as breaking wall between player and DM).

Why?
The caps show the limit of the MCs potential, if you forcefully reduce that in order to have a comparison to true masters in the realm people will get much more confused and likely will request the option to max said skills out.
1) Cap is a integer. It could have any value. Nobody is confused by different caps for Equipment and Training. What it's really confusing players that having max value is still leading to failures.
2) MC is a king. He should be able to became true master at least in governing skills.

Also how would you ever know you actually trained the skill to the max if there is still a leeway on it...
Because game itself's saying "You already mastered this skill."? :D

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Quite nice yet unpolished game (seems that dev using public release as beta test if that so it's fine).

Bugs I'd encountered (I used console to change "skills" list in a safe way - using new game 50 in favorite area as default):
4) At game start it show /0 limit for equipment, quite confusing. Also - buildings upgrade seems to increase max limits for Equipment & Training, yet it doesn't included into description.
5) Completed infrastructure upgrades like Mine or Roads still offer "Next" with some +military power.
7) Game design flaw - hiding some events with main characters behind a specific skill trainings is a very bad choice. Why player can't roleplay a character that never doing X or Y?
8) Tooltips are horrible mess both in "Report" window (often I see something like "info 5"), or in crown lands UI (something like "4d"). IMHO - even classic "To be done" is much better, especially in crown lands UI as 1-2-3-4d default meaning is 1...4 days and it's confusing a lot.
10) We have a penalty for being "uncrowned" yet no crowning events? :cautious: Or something is broken for me after arrival of lady-knight. Lord Hugh event mentioned hunting together with him - yet no event'd fired & no message "end of storyline" in dialogue with him.
11) Elves enslaved our Rat Lord during his negotiations? :) He never'd been seen back in castle after that even & disappeared from "Reports" too.
13) Sex with elven queen mention her being pregnant before seeing event that telling us about her pregnancy. That event happily fire over and over (if you're keeping having a sex with her - and why not?!)
15) Fingering scene with Rosalyn happily triggered twice in a row (as I understand first time was as result of spending daytime with her then bugs forced it to repeat instantly).

Hahaha it's not really my intention. It's just that I'm lousy as a tester since I'm not very perceptive.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about these issues. Just to give a few answers...

1) That's more of a design thing rather than a bug haha. I just didn't want people to abuse it and make it feel gamey.

2) Now that I think about it, it is obvious that people wouldn't know this, but if you right click the arrow you can increase/decrease by 1 rather than 10.

7) The problem is that the alternative is giving everything as a freebie. The way I look at it, you could still roleplay as a character that doesn't touch a sword or speak a certain language, but that will simply make you incompatible with certain characters. Or even disallow you to communicate with them in some cases.

8) Yeah, I need to finish writing those. It's just hard to come up with them hahaha. And the report one has the downside of spoiling stuff if I fill it out now.

11) Fixed.

12) As Greger explained, that is a title given to the widow of the former king. She was a queen when the king was alive, and stopped being the queen when the king died, since she is a technically a queen consort and not a queen in her own right. That is why now she is a dowager queen.

It's in her name if royal mode is not activated, as well as being how I refer to her outside the game for reasons, but yeah, if you activate the mode and don't know about the title, it's probably hard to know it's referring to her, so I should change it.

13) Fixed.

14) This seems to be the point with the most contention hahaha. And it kinda warms my heart seeing people argue back and forth about it, I'm not going to lie haha.

Ok, so, like it was said, the skill check is to decide how badly you lose against her, and how much renown you lose (And I should also add how much you impress her too.) If you make a fool out of yourself, or give a bit of a fight first at least. Not because she has demon blood or something haha, but because she is definitely one of the top swordfighters in the kingdom. She is not a king with other responsibilities, but someone who fully commits all her time to just training her swordsmanship. It kinda ruins her storyline if you can just come and smack her in the face haha. (Just like one of the roomies)

And also you have to remember that it should be pretty much impossible to have high swordsmanship without cheating at that point of the game.

And the game doesn't show skill rolls in battle but you can die which is pretty much the same.

PS.) I actually do have something planned like that. But I need to implement the conquest mechanic first, so you can actually go there, smack some elves in the face, and free up some slaves.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
PS.) I actually do have something planned like that. But I need to implement the conquest mechanic first, so you can actually go there, smack some elves in the face, and free up some slaves.
Can I ... smack some elves in the face, and keep the slaves? Asking for a fiend friend me. I'm asking for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Krudo1

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Usually 0...5. Yet I'm loosing ~6 soldiers in every (!) type.

Levy simply are unable to became knights :) Game seems actually using late medieval system with paid soldiers and then recruits were usually permanently enlisted in army.
Still - it would be nice to have an option to upgrade our soldiers. At least directly : light infantry -> heavy, light cavalry -> heavy and so on.
I did imagine disbanding a soldier as releasing them from their duties, so you only get their equipment but lose their skill. Mostly to avoid meta gaming haha.

Upgrading soldiers is an interesting idea however. When I implemented skirmishes, I always imagined that you would need to pass an edict to unlock heavy infantry, cavalry, etc.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
First she was a queen. Same title like us so it doesn't count :) If you remember history - ruling queens are became reality much earlier then female officers.
Second - then how she lost her kingdom and became diplo-annexed by her husband?
Did you follow her storyline or the games?
Women are NOT fit to rule in this society, her father originally wanted her to rule a smaller domain but she was "forced" into a political marriage with the late King.
And Pendragons main issue is that she is not accepted among the males while still being equal or supperior in skills.

I mean it's actually an issue we still have to deal with today

Because game itself's saying "You already mastered this skill."?
So the game is stateing you mastered a skill, while the bar is only filled to 3/4 or maybe 4/5 and you think that's a better mechanic, than being bested by a master even with a skill bar at 100/100?
I mean you can't check other peoples states but I'd expect her swordmanship to be 150 or even 200/100

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
7) The problem is that the alternative is giving everything as a freebie. The way I look at it, you could still roleplay as a character that doesn't touch a sword or speak a certain language, but that will simply make you incompatible with certain characters. Or even disallow you to communicate with them in some cases.
IMHO you already have a "Court" menu and it should be used for such character story events, while lack of skills should lock you from some character arcs. Picking random trainings only to check - are they have events hidden behind them aren't fun for a sandbox game.
Plus it's breaking game consistency - two previous lords are appeared in Court menu after their initial events while Pendragon is locked behind such hidden event.

And also you have to remember that it should be pretty much impossible to have high swordsmanship without cheating at that point of the game.
You're absolutely wrong. I triggered that event on Week 87. You should redone it as early game scheduled event to make that true, currently you can delay it as long as you want.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
IMHO you already have a "Court" menu and it should be used for such character story events, while lack of skills should lock you from some character arcs. Picking random trainings only to check - are they have events hidden behind them aren't fun for a sandbox game.
Plus it's breaking game consistency - two previous lords are appeared in Court menu after their initial events while Pendragon is locked behind such hidden event.

You're absolutely wrong. I triggered that event on Week 87. You should redone it as early game scheduled event to make that true, currently you can delay it as long as you want.
Ahhh yeah, I get what you mean. Yeah I need to move that event like I moved the others before, since they all used to be hidden too.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes