3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to fix the problem. With that set to 0 I still do not get the marriage option with the elf ambassador.

EDIT: Setting it to -1 did the trick.
Oh yeah, I forgot 0 is the dowager haha. Sorry.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Looks like sister hasn't gotten new content in a while?
The roomie you mean? The older one or the younger one? Either way they both won polls so soonish they'll have more content.

I dunno if I'll start with them though since I pick the five or so most popular characters from the polls and work on them randomly so I don't get burnout.

Reactions: thealucid

Vrkodlak

Nov 7, 2017
What did you say was the problem? I don't really see an issue. The only issue I see is you not raising taxes.
About the taxes is true, I did not raise them. Example from the game: I invested in Bowyer. After upgrade was done additional income appeared in the list, but total income (at the bottom) kept showing 0.51K and total expenses were at 60.0K from the beginning of the game.

Edit: Attaching screenshot.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
I'm not a big fan of the advisors taking up a time slot to build relationships. There are so many skills and not enough time for the few I even want to foucs on. While I do want to build a relationship with my sister, I don't give a fuck about horsemanship as it does not help me like intelligence or one of the more useful skills.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
About the taxes is true, I did not raise them. Example from the game: I invested in Bowyer. After upgrade was done additional income appeared in the list, but total income (at the bottom) kept showing 0.51K and total expenses were at 60.0K from the beginning of the game.

Ahhhh I actually know what you mean.

Since your treasury was on negative numbers you went bankrupt. And when that happens all the buildings automatically get defunded and you get no profit or upkeep from them.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
how do you unlock elf queen im on max stats and on week 110 and no mention of elfs yet
It might be bad luck or a fuck up. In the meantime, while I check, you can click on the small throne that appears on the map. There you can type "director" and after that "elfstg3" without quotations marks.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I'm not a big fan of the advisors taking up a time slot to build relationships. There are so many skills and not enough time for the few I even want to foucs on. While I do want to build a relationship with my sister, I don't give a fuck about horsemanship as it does not help me like intelligence or one of the more useful skills.
You have a point. But it is hard to think of a solution that won't be abused so I'll give it some thought.

Vrkodlak

Nov 7, 2017
Ahhhh I actually know what you mean.

Since your treasury was on negative numbers you went bankrupt. And when that happens all the buildings automatically get defunded and you get no profit or upkeep from them.
Nope, still not that. Check the screenshot I attached. Summing all my income gives Total Income of 83K and not 0.51K. Also, summing all my expenses gives Total Expenses of 9.6K and not 60.0K as shown. That is my issue.

BawkeBawke

Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, that one is very annoying cause it only appears if you don't choose administration skills. And it seems like every time I tested something, even though I choose randomly, I still chose administration every single damn time.

There's a hot fix on itch.io but you can wait till it appears here.
Good to know that there is a hot fix available. :)
On a side note I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended but sometimes upgrades will get stuck. Seeing no progress from week to week. I tend to notice it after rolling back (scroll wheel) or just randomly after playing a few weeks.
It would also be nice to see how many weeks an upgrade will take instead of seeing a percent complete.

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019

I actually think I know why it says that. The income total is a variable that updates every time you enter the treasury or it's used by the game, so I sometimes use it for other stuff haha. I still need to check why it didn't update to the actual income though .

Vrkodlak

Nov 7, 2017
I actually think I know why it says that. The income total is a variable that updates every time you enter the treasury or it's used by the game, so I sometimes use it for other stuff haha. I still need to check why it didn't update to the actual income though .
I feel a bit stupid, as probably it would be a good time to mention that every time I enter Treasury An Exeption occurs (see screenshot).

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
You have a point. But it is hard to think of a solution that won't be abused so I'll give it some thought.
Just spitballing ideas here but how about about either limiting the amount of advisors you can talk to in a period or just having skills checks to continue with the relationships. One other thing you could do is let the person pick between a couple of skills to gain exp when talking with someone, but that would probaly require the most work as that would have to require adding more scenes.

You already are making skills required just to do the barbarian and elf plus the advisors already make you do skill checks.
You also keep adding a bunch of advisors so limiting to like 3 a time period wound't be that overpowering I imagine.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I feel a bit stupid, as probably it would be a good time to mention that every time I enter Treasury An Exeption occurs (see screenshot).
Ahhhh everything makes sense now. Yeah, that's because you're using .10 rather than .10.1. Sorry. At least it's save comptabile.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Just spitballing ideas here but how about about either limiting the amount of advisors you can talk to in a period or just having skills checks to continue with the relationships. One other thing you could do is let the person pick between a couple of skills to gain exp when talking with someone, but that would probaly require the most work as that would have to require adding more scenes.

You already are making skills required just to do the barbarian and elf plus the advisors already make you do skill checks.
You also keep adding a bunch of advisors so limiting to like 3 a time period wound't be that overpowering I imagine.
I did think of something like that. Having special time slots for people or something like that. The thing I didn't like about it was that I would need to scrap the whole learning skills from them, since you'd be able to increase 4 skills a day or so.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes