HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Here is the last update we will send out for Henesys Part 1. Not only did we update the main build and fixed last minute issues like The Professors Glasses being taken from you but we also helped newer players have an easier time getting the Red Nightshift for Asuna.

We also have a new Roadmap. Here is the short version on that with the full post on the Patreon.

TD;DR Roadmap

March Update: Quest Tracker with Mai & Admin expanded XXX content

March Artwork coming the last week of March.

April-May: Henesys Part 2 will begin development.

Summer 2020: A new town, a Bonus Area with a Crossover Character, the Henesys Event, Female MC, and more!

Thanks to everyone that helped us find bugs and quests not triggering!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
1583792319828.png

use the library, click "MISC", right click "DOMAIN OBJECT" and click the glasses to expand info
as u can see, theres 2 ways to get the glasses, hidden in Tomato Field, the quest "Apples For Maria"
and Professor's Glasses quest, in the "Night House" scene.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
How do we obtain professor's glasses?
What baka said. If you have the latest build then go to the House and on the bed click on the one for Events. Once there click on the Chest. Only get the Glasses if you have seen the quest Helping Millie and Anti Nightmare Juice

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Problem apples do not work properly if holding in quick slot. It won't register that you have apples and I end up finding out I had over 100 apples after farming for 5 apples and was only reporting 3 apples. I than had a hard time trying to remove from quick slot as when you pick it up to remove from quick slot the inventory disappears. I had to go buy potions so I could swap them out.

Second problem major fatal bug: After I go back to talk to Asuna after getting the red shift the game crashes.. But not only does game crash it crashes windows explorer so all I have is a desktop with no taskbar. I have to end task all explorer.exe and restart them.

Last question how do I tell what version I am playing? I could not find a version anywheres.

Last edited:

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Problem apples do not work properly if holding in quick slot. It won't register that you have apples and I end up finding out I had over 100 apples after farming for 5 apples and was only reporting 3 apples. I than had a hard time trying to remove from quick slot as when you pick it up to remove from quick slot the inventory disappears. I had to go buy potions so I could swap them out.

Second problem major fatal bug: After I go back to talk to Asuna after getting the red shift the game crashes.. But not only does game crash it crashes windows explorer so all I have is a desktop with no taskbar. I have to end task all explorer.exe and restart them.

Last question how do I tell what version I am playing? I could not find a version anywheres.
That first issue I will let the programmer know. The 2nd one I will look into now. As per the version number that was a slight error. We added a date instead of the version number. That will be fixed in future releases. 3/9/10 = 1.2.1E

Edit: Here try this. Replace your own file by putting this inside Data>UI.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
That first issue I will let the programmer know. The 2nd one I will look into now. As per the version number that was a slight error. We added a date instead of the version number. That will be fixed in future releases. 3/9/10 = 1.2.1E

Edit: Here try this. Replace your own file by putting this inside Data>UI.
Did you forget to attach the file to put inside the Data>UI?

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Oops the upload was canceled for whatever reason. It's there now.
Ok still major crash and bye bye taskbar.

Code:
Faulting application name: maple.x.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e6276b7
Faulting module name: maple.x.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e6276b7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000370f0
Faulting process id: 0x1f070
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f79455599a55
Faulting application path: C:\Downloads\maple.x\maple.x.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Downloads\maple.x\maple.x.exe
Report Id: 117e804c-4d9f-4f9c-9bb9-3154e4c77ca1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Followed by this error first time I have seen error about Windows Manager Process exiting.

Code:
The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. (Process exit code: 0x000000ff, Restart count: 1, Primary display device ID: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its intentional that if u put anything, equip or quickslot, that those will not be counted for quests.
if you have apples in quickslots and u find another apple, that one will be placed in quickslot.
it is possible to split the apples into 2 stacks. right click the apples to do that. and of course u can merge it, by placing the apples into the other apple stack.

crashes/errors could be if u use different versions and maybe an old save or old ui with new exe.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
its intentional that if u put anything, equip or quickslot, that those will not be counted for quests.
if you have apples in quickslots and u find another apple, that one will be placed in quickslot.
it is possible to split the apples into 2 stacks. right click the apples to do that. and of course u can merge it, by placing the apples into the other apple stack.

crashes/errors could be if u use different versions and maybe an old save or old ui with new exe.
Thanks on the tip for splitting items. I sent my UI_Char.dat file as requested for crashing. My first time playing was version 3/2/20 so I just started playing so for different version it would be difficult to see as a problem.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
cursed? if U mean darkness weapons, u can get a cane from quests and cannons from killing monsters.
check the library!

XreapingxcrowX

Apr 25, 2017
Yes, Darkness weapons. I have the cane, but cant equip it during the story mode. Not sure if im doing something wrong or it was supposed to be that way.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Yes, Darkness weapons. I have the cane, but cant equip it during the story mode. Not sure if im doing something wrong or it was supposed to be that way.
There are stat requirements. Check the cane and see if any of the numbers are red, if they are you have to raise that stat before equipping the item.

Reactions: XreapingxcrowX

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Here is this weeks blog update. Talks about the Admin rewrite and some other info on the upcoming Quest Tracker/Guide.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
I want to love the game because I really enjoy the story but damn did the auto-save screw me over. I ended up bugging loads of quests like with Athena and Mina because I talked to NPCs in the wrong order. Then clicked too fast by accident and can't tell if I am bugged or not as I have no idea what to do after creating the nightmare juice something about waiting until next morning. Must have done a terrible build with my character because at lvl 40 was struggling with sheep could kill them but it took forever. I would suggest not just an exp+ mode but an easy too it helps us rush through the game to bug test for you. You can get rid of it later and it would be a lifesaver with the autosave. Even at lvl 40 couldn't even hit golems or the armoured pigs. Damn shame this has loads of potential otherwise.

My only criticism for the game story wise is (other than the quest tracker which is being fixed.) Leonore growing a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I understand why from a story perspective but wish it was done in a different way otherwise love the story so many twists and turns and it has a bright future. I wish there was some kind of alternate path but it isn't a deal breaker.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
if you read back, Haseo is explaining the quests and theres a bug here and there.
I believe Haseo has added quests to explain the mechanics, he added a bunch of tutorials here and there so that you know what to do, but, if you missed that, its easy to do it wrongly.

for the story mode, you will be playing a character that is reanimated into the world and controlled by death. the Mc will have access to darkness energy (the knights channel), but you need to apply points to use it, with the cost of STR.
its not recommended to add points from start, only when you get your first "darkness" weapon, that is a "cane", and later "cannon". when you get that you need to be able to equip it. a cane require STR and INT.
do not add DEX or LUK at all. those stats are used by other jobs, that you will not be able to join since this is a "story mode".
in free-mode there will be 5 jobs to take and they will require different ability points.

the ability build for this "darkness build" is to have STR equal to your level. so if level 10 you have 10 STR.
when adding skills points to the knights channel it will cost 1 STR each level, that means u need to increase STR as well, adding enough STR to reach your level. everything else should go to "INT".

for cane, it will do both weapon damage and darkness damage.
the weapon attack is based on the weapon attack point and STR, while the darkness attack will be based on INT but also darkness energy that you get from "the knights channel".
you will feel its weak initially, until you get more points into INT and more skill points into the knights channel.
if you do it right, when you get your darkness attack skills, you will notice a huge increase of damage.

for cannon, its different, the cannon itself is useless. theres no ammo and "people in mapleworld" dont use it, but it can still be found from monster drops, like a relic. but, in our build, the cannon can be used to focus the darkness energy to make a huge attack. that is why, the cannon itself without a skill it useless. but with a skill (Knights Blast) you do tremendous damage, and it has a small range as well, damaging everything within the blast. this skill is one of the strongest in the first tier for all jobs.
cannon is a 2h weapon, so no shield is allowed, but cannons gives u a bit of defense, the only weakness is that is slow, but its also ranged, that means it gives u a bit of time to kill the monsters off before the monster attacks u.

when u play, its important that you check the bestiary. its not recommended to attack monsters that are higher than u in level.

Haseo can help u if u did it wrong, talk to him, give him your ui_char.dat if you want to "fix" your character.
I can also help, if you want to re-arrange your "ability" points, if u mess up. send me your ui_char.dat
later in the game, there will be a way to "reset" your ability points, there will be a shop selling that.

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes