AmaterasuFA20

May 9, 2017
if you read back, Haseo is explaining the quests and theres a bug here and there.
I believe Haseo has added quests to explain the mechanics, he added a bunch of tutorials here and there so that you know what to do, but, if you missed that, its easy to do it wrongly.

for the story mode, you will be playing a character that is reanimated into the world and controlled by death. the Mc will have access to darkness energy (the knights channel), but you need to apply points to use it, with the cost of STR.
its not recommended to add points from start, only when you get your first "darkness" weapon, that is a "cane", and later "cannon". when you get that you need to be able to equip it. a cane require STR and INT.
do not add DEX or LUK at all. those stats are used by other jobs, that you will not be able to join since this is a "story mode".
in free-mode there will be 5 jobs to take and they will require different ability points.

the ability build for this "darkness build" is to have STR equal to your level. so if level 10 you have 10 STR.
when adding skills points to the knights channel it will cost 1 STR each level, that means u need to increase STR as well, adding enough STR to reach your level. everything else should go to "INT".

for cane, it will do both weapon damage and darkness damage.
the weapon attack is based on the weapon attack point and STR, while the darkness attack will be based on INT but also darkness energy that you get from "the knights channel".
you will feel its weak initially, until you get more points into INT and more skill points into the knights channel.
if you do it right, when you get your darkness attack skills, you will notice a huge increase of damage.

for cannon, its different, the cannon itself is useless. theres no ammo and "people in mapleworld" dont use it, but it can still be found from monster drops, like a relic. but, in our build, the cannon can be used to focus the darkness energy to make a huge attack. that is why, the cannon itself without a skill it useless. but with a skill (Knights Blast) you do tremendous damage, and it has a small range as well, damaging everything within the blast. this skill is one of the strongest in the first tier for all jobs.
cannon is a 2h weapon, so no shield is allowed, but cannons gives u a bit of defense, the only weakness is that is slow, but its also ranged, that means it gives u a bit of time to kill the monsters off before the monster attacks u.

when u play, its important that you check the bestiary. its not recommended to attack monsters that are higher than u in level.

Haseo can help u if u did it wrong, talk to him, give him your ui_char.dat if you want to "fix" your character.
I can also help, if you want to re-arrange your "ability" points, if u mess up. send me your ui_char.dat
later in the game, there will be a way to "reset" your ability points, there will be a shop selling that.
Hm, so then would it be possible for my position to be fixed by just handing over the .dat file?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yes, Haseo can help u to move away from a location, if you are stuck, and also explain what to do. Haseo is in charge of the story/quests. Im not confident to help with that since Im doing the game-engine and mostly involved with that.
we can also help to adjust the ability points, example, if u have 40 DEX, I can lower it to 4, and I give u 36 points to use. that I can help with.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Am I supposed to do something here, or did I come across a glitch that locks me in here?
There is a bug so on the bed itself look for the magnifying glass not the text that you would normally click on.. Click on the upper part of the bed with the glass and it will trigger the event you maybe missing.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
View attachment 589064

Am I supposed to do something here, or did I come across a glitch that locks me in here?
If you don't have the quest called Wake up then it's an older build. Check the download on the first page and you can download the newest one with a fix for this issue. If you do have it then yeah just click on the bed.

I want to love the game because I really enjoy the story but damn did the auto-save screw me over. I ended up bugging loads of quests like with Athena and Mina because I talked to NPCs in the wrong order. Then clicked too fast by accident and can't tell if I am bugged or not as I have no idea what to do after creating the nightmare juice something about waiting until next morning. Must have done a terrible build with my character because at lvl 40 was struggling with sheep could kill them but it took forever. I would suggest not just an exp+ mode but an easy too it helps us rush through the game to bug test for you. You can get rid of it later and it would be a lifesaver with the autosave. Even at lvl 40 couldn't even hit golems or the armoured pigs. Damn shame this has loads of potential otherwise.

My only criticism for the game story wise is (other than the quest tracker which is being fixed.) Leonore growing a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I understand why from a story perspective but wish it was done in a different way otherwise love the story so many twists and turns and it has a bright future. I wish there was some kind of alternate path but it isn't a deal breaker.
Thanks for the feedback! While the Old Man scene was there for a way to divulge in other fetishes, Leonore still has a few scenes with the Hero and I do plan on getting more on that as the story evolves. The Old Man scenes were mainly to get Leonore to awaken to her own sexuality as she was being hard pressed to not do anything with the Hero. Soon you will see their first scene together I hope you all enjoy it!

In terms of the other issues I will be addressing them with this months update and it should now play as it should. While I did do a deep dive of the game up to Henesys and completed Henesys on my end, I didn't account for how certain players were going to approach the game. Still once the Hint system is in place it will make much more sense.

The combat is also in a bit of an awkward spot as we're still trying to get the player and Hero to a certain level but since we have to add towns one at a time it does become weird and there are difficulty spikes. As we expand what you can equip it should get easier. With Henesys Part 2 there will be a few more things we want to give the player so they can power through the Asuna and Leonore content.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
if you read back, Haseo is explaining the quests and theres a bug here and there.
I believe Haseo has added quests to explain the mechanics, he added a bunch of tutorials here and there so that you know what to do, but, if you missed that, its easy to do it wrongly.

for the story mode, you will be playing a character that is reanimated into the world and controlled by death. the Mc will have access to darkness energy (the knights channel), but you need to apply points to use it, with the cost of STR.
its not recommended to add points from start, only when you get your first "darkness" weapon, that is a "cane", and later "cannon". when you get that you need to be able to equip it. a cane require STR and INT.
do not add DEX or LUK at all. those stats are used by other jobs, that you will not be able to join since this is a "story mode".
in free-mode there will be 5 jobs to take and they will require different ability points.

the ability build for this "darkness build" is to have STR equal to your level. so if level 10 you have 10 STR.
when adding skills points to the knights channel it will cost 1 STR each level, that means u need to increase STR as well, adding enough STR to reach your level. everything else should go to "INT".

for cane, it will do both weapon damage and darkness damage.
the weapon attack is based on the weapon attack point and STR, while the darkness attack will be based on INT but also darkness energy that you get from "the knights channel".
you will feel its weak initially, until you get more points into INT and more skill points into the knights channel.
if you do it right, when you get your darkness attack skills, you will notice a huge increase of damage.

for cannon, its different, the cannon itself is useless. theres no ammo and "people in mapleworld" dont use it, but it can still be found from monster drops, like a relic. but, in our build, the cannon can be used to focus the darkness energy to make a huge attack. that is why, the cannon itself without a skill it useless. but with a skill (Knights Blast) you do tremendous damage, and it has a small range as well, damaging everything within the blast. this skill is one of the strongest in the first tier for all jobs.
cannon is a 2h weapon, so no shield is allowed, but cannons gives u a bit of defense, the only weakness is that is slow, but its also ranged, that means it gives u a bit of time to kill the monsters off before the monster attacks u.

when u play, its important that you check the bestiary. its not recommended to attack monsters that are higher than u in level.

Haseo can help u if u did it wrong, talk to him, give him your ui_char.dat if you want to "fix" your character.
I can also help, if you want to re-arrange your "ability" points, if u mess up. send me your ui_char.dat
later in the game, there will be a way to "reset" your ability points, there will be a shop selling that.
Thank you so much for the advice I think I might I just restart not even sure if I have the latest version of the game which had the bug fixes but most of my issues should be fixed with your advice to be honest. I just downloaded the latest version from the front page but I don't think it is the latest release. I do look forward to the future releases despite my criticims.

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

smsr4088

Sep 25, 2017
1584721304837.png
I'm stuck here, could you help me please?
Additionally, i think that this game would be nicer if the game has a function of history (i'm skipper type...)
Thanks guys!

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Have you tried using the Professors Glasses in your Inventory? That should take you out of there and back to the real world.

And right now we're working on a Quest Tracker/Guide that should help everyone. Will be ready in the coming weeks.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
theres a log, you need to use the left arrow to get back one page.
while in log-mode, all buttons are disabled and sometimes a bit weird mc/sd/textbox, since its not updated correctly.
this is only working on the active text, so, u cant re-click the npc and use the log.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
theres a log, you need to use the left arrow to get back one page.
while in log-mode, all buttons are disabled and sometimes a bit weird mc/sd/textbox, since its not updated correctly.
this is only working on the active text, so, u cant re-click the npc and use the log.
If your using the WASD navigation the A key does go back also.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, if u change the key-bounds, it will be any of the 2 "left" keys. default A and Arrow Left
good catch!

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Blog update this week.

This week we have:

-Screenshots of the new Quest Window and Tracker
-Information about the game being re-written and touched up so there isn't as much text anymore. There are 3 Before and After screens so you can check how it's looking now.
-Art is being worked on. Art will start being shown off next week.

Make sure to check out the post for further information!

Reactions: James Eveleth

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Comes up as malware........ trojan by windows, general malware by malwarebytes
Yeah it's a common problem. I've tried sending our stuff to the Anti-Virus networks like Norton but it continues to be an issue. I can promise you that the game is completely safe. We have never gotten reports of actual malware from downloading/playing the game. The warning is a false positive.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
thats the problem with small devs like us that creates applications without expensive licenses.
the algorithm antivirus program uses will sometimes find structures in the file that are similar to virus/trojans, the exe is compiled in native-code, like most virus/trojans uses. but like java/.net that are "intermediate languages", most antivirus will not understand that, and could harm your computer even more.
so I get it, who wants to run a program that gives a warning? I wouldn't! Im quite paranoid myself.
what I usually do is to check , upload the exe there, also, is the "dev" to be trusted? is the dev new or been around for a long time? do they seem serious or not etc. that also help calm the nerves.
of course someone that want to harm you, will lie, and that makes it impossible.
at least I hope, with the amount of time I have been around, releasing tools and such that would at least give me some credits.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Another Blog Post:

-We show off more of the re-write/touch up
-We show off the latest screen of the quest tracker
-And an art preview of Athena.

Click the link for full details on everything!

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Blog Update from us:

-Quest Tracker is done. Next few days will have myself porting everything over to it. Check the post for screenshots.
-We're adding Lovers and True Corruption Routes to a majority of the NPC's (Minus Admin and Maria who're getting their Routes next update). We go over how Jane's Routes work.
1. Lovers Route: Entering a Polyamorous relationship with Jean and Jane. The 3 of you will enjoy Jane's body as the Hero becomes a very close friend and family to Jean and Jane.
2. Corruption Route: The Hero will steal Jane away from Jean. He will warp her mind around an addiction/kink that Jane has and will use that to manipulate his way into her heart.
-Release Date is looking to be this week for Patrons and looking to be next week for Public. Things could change but that's what we're aiming for.

More details in the actual post.

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Getting a "Wonderboy" vibe from the artwork in this. Havent played those since arcade days back in the 80s.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Honestly, I had somehow forgotten about this gem of a game. Glad to see how much progress has been made in terms of code, QOL updates, art and content. Will definitely give it a shot once I have some free time.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
We're also running a poll based around Male NPC artwork. Look it over and vote if you can as this might be able to speed us up in adding Events (Sex Scenes) into the game.

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes