popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Ok so these are my thoughts about my experience with this game so far. After an hour i had really had it with this unintuitive crap mountain.

First a story element with some background and stuff. Ok nothing mind blowing but that's fine. Then I had a lengthy tutorial shoved down my gullet and learned to press the shortcuts key and memorized them but I'm still fucking stuck at the first screen after talking to the npc. What the fuck am I supposed to do to progress this game? The quest log gives no clue, I cant use the map to move. I'm stuck here. Pressing arrow keys moves the camera. U wot mate? Do I not move the character? I might be retarded but so is this introduction. What a catastrophic failure to read a new player and set expectations. I just wanna know wtf I'm supposed to do to progress. Oh and I just paid 100 gold to travel to the screen I'm already at. Wow. Just wow.

I'm real close to rage quitting in disgust at the programming right now. Somebody save me please.

20 min later: ok i started clicking randomly and found the glowing cirlcle after a while. Not stuck any more. I got real baited by that "Sam" character just standing there. I was certain that was the MC since their har styles were the same. I'm getting heavily overloaded by everything I find. What the fuck is a "dark" class? Why shouldn't I pour stat point in that shit the guide was talking about? The tutorial elements are starting to feel overwhelming. We'll see where this goes.

40 min later: Ok so I equip some items. Click the glowing rings. Then click some enemies. I die for some reason. What is attacking me? Is this tower defense? Do I need to keep them from coming at me? Where is "me" btw? OK so I start over. Tedious "walk" scrolling to where I was. I click some shit again then I die. Repeat. Repeat again. Repeat AGAIN. Do I heal when I go back to my bed? What's going on? Am I supposed to poke in and out of the zones? This is confusing as fuck.

60 min later: OK that's it I'm out. It's been an hour. I haven't undestood, or accomplished shit. Story is nonexistent so far. I got to see a nipple and a weirdly drawn naked crotch on the Admin. There's nothing keeping me here any more. The click "battle" where the enemies hurt me by looking at me weridly wasn't fun.

Closing thoughts to dev:
Good luck getting your act togethere because my god are you gonna need it. The barrier to entry is too damn high. And for fucks sake stop overloading new players with information they don't really need at that particular moment. I don't fucking care about skill points if I don't know how battle works and I haven't grasped that my character is somehow "there" but I can't see him and he takes damage for some reason. Why can't I see my health bar while at the village? Am I still low or have I healed up yet? Will I die if i enter the combat area again? Dear lord take a hint and look at another successful game in this genre. What's going on here is so unintuitive I just rage quit your game.

Last edited:

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I had lengthy tutorial shoved down my gullet and learned to press the shortcuts key and memorized them but I'm still fucking stuck at the first screen after talking to the npc. What the fuck am I supposed to do to progress this game? The quest log gives no clue, I cant use the map to move. I'm stuck here. Pressing arrow keys moves the camera. U wot mate? Do I not move the character? I might be retarded but so is this introduction. A catastrophic failure to read a new player and set expectations. I just wanna know wtf I'm supposed to do to progress. Oh and I just payed 100 gold to travel to the screen I'm already at. Wow. Just wow.

I'm real close to rage quitting in disgust at the programming. Somebody save me please.

edit: ok i started clicking randomly and found the glowing cirlcle after a while. Not stuck any more. Though heavily overloaded by everything I find. We'll see where this goes.
The game is a point and click. You move the camera with arrow keys or WASD and use the mouse to click on NPC's, Monsters, Hidden Spots, etc.

Most of the time you're moving from left to right with the exit always being a portal like in the opening map. Just keep going along and you'll fall into the zone easily enough. At best most players experience culture shock with our game but most adjust after a little bit.

u3708395

Jan 23, 2018
Any saves or ways to cheat all memories activated?
Can't handle the grind. 3 hours with cheats and NPCs only flashed themselves and some headjobs. Game files seem unrippable too.
PS: The amount of content/quests/writing is impressive though. And boy are there some crazy characters.

Last edited:

Futaguy420

Apr 29, 2021
Yeah this game looks fun, but is the character supposed to be invisible or something? and if so how do i stop dying for no good reason?

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Any saves or ways to cheat all memories activated?
Can't handle the grind. 3 hours with cheats and NPCs only flashed themselves and some headjobs. Game files seem unrippable too.
PS: The amount of content/quests/writing is impressive though. And boy are there some crazy characters.
You can skip the opening chapter and head to Lith Harbor aka the next Chapter. You'll be auto leveled to 15 and you'll have access to more things.

Is there any guides for this game ?
Press Q. The game comes with a build in Guide

Yeah this game looks fun, but is the character supposed to be invisible or something? and if so how do i stop dying for no good reason?
It's a Point and Click so yes it'll be invisible. And it's only difficult until Level 5. Once you clear the first 3 areas it'll get much more easier.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
this is a "clicker" rpg/vn game. its not created to be easy, but to have challenges, otherwise whats the point to have gameplay at all?
if you google clicker games, you will find some good ones, but none like this. its one of a kind.
this of course will challenge you, as its a new way of playing a game. if I would add a "chibi" it would add a lot more time to grind. just look up maple story and you will understand. here, in maple.x (its the engine) you just need to click on a monster to attack. that will reduce grinding a lot.

once you understand the gameplay, you will see its a big game, with lots of quests, tons of npc, many maps and monsters.
and once you understand the "clicker" gameplay, you will also understand its charms. theres already "tons" of 2D games with a character going around killing with a sword. a clicker is about killing fast with a click. but since its not just a simple clicker, its also a rpg, u will improve your character with skills, armor, weapon etc.

maple.x is "not" king's fall. maple.x is the engine, that will include multiple classes, such as warrior, bowman, thief, magician and pirate. but in king's fall that is a "module" in maple.x, offer 1 job only. thats the confusing part when you give point to your character. try the "free-mode" to play bowman (work in progress)

if you fail to understand, you will of course give those "bad review". but thats because you didnt understand it, and you didnt read the tutorials we have. its an adult game u need to be 18+ to play this and the ability to understand english and willingness to read the quests the npc are giving you, otherwise it will be hard to understand the game and you will just trash it.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
settings (or k)
you can increase experience/drop/meso rates. that will make things easier, as 1 kill will level u up faster.
important u equip your sword, pants and t-shirt (inventory or press I) and drag and drop to the character slots

killing snails, with high exp rates will make u level fast, so fast that is almost impossible to die.
when levelup, also your HP will fill up.

if u have any potions or editable (apples) u can put them in your quick-slot, and use the keyboard to use the potion when your HP is low.

dying means little at low level, the 10% experience loss is more notable later level. so keep trying until u get it right.

one tip is to start clicking on the snails when u enter the first monster map. just left click on them monsters as fast possible.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
something funky here man how come screen moves BUT not my character ???
using wasd got like a finger for mouse and talked to the 2 ppl at start colected something from bag but how to move and shit?

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
something funky here man how come screen moves BUT not my character ???
using wasd got like a finger for mouse and talked to the 2 ppl at start colected something from bag but how to move and shit?
Game is a Point and Click meaning the Floating Hand is your character.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Okay so .. I like the idea but I'm a bit gunshy about certain types of games these days is this another one of those games that's like 95% foreplay? Maybe an anal scene or two thrown in for good measure? Because I don't see a vaginal sex tag.

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes