migurdia

Jun 29, 2021
I wonder if the largest portion of this game's demographic falls into the category of never having played Maplestory, having played the "oldschool" version in the past during the 2000's/possibly early 2010s, or playing it now. If I had to guess, it would be the second category.

Last edited:

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I wonder if the largest portion of this game's demographic falls into the category of never having played Maplestory, having played it in the past during the 2000's/possibly early 2010s, or playing it now. If I had to guess, it would be the second category.
You aren't the only one, I've never played Maplestory either. Baka is the one who has so he guides me along when he can. Either way, I tried to make the story as interesting as possible to make up for the fact that many probablt never had any intention to try out Maplestory

KingShineyMunkey

May 30, 2022
saveupdater is a small tool to convert your old save to the new format.
u dont need to run it if u dont trust it. its not needed if u plan to start over.
the problem is that when I compile small projects it seems a couple antivirus are reporting it
the reason could be that I compile in native-code and its harder to scan.
also, the program is "loading/saving" and those API calls could be scanned as dangerous.
theres no cloud based API or that u need internet connection. just quite simple load, read-data, create-data, save. very simple.
of course is false-positive. most of my smaller project gets false positive.
I ran a search on this thread for wacatac which didn't return any results, so even though it's a slightly older version I thought I'd report this to bring attention to the dev.

I had downloaded the v2.5.8b a while back when I bulk downloaded a few games from f95zone, and hadn't gotten around to messing with it until a few days ago. Out of habit, I always run a scan on games from this site, if not immediately after download then right before going to play the game. I'm not too worried because I tend to err on the side of caution and will only download and run these games in their own isolated environment. False positive or not I rolled back my VM without ever unzipping the file.

I don't know enough about malware to claim it is or isn't a false positive, so I'm not accusing of anything and am merely reporting the detection here.

I omitted the pathways but otherwise this is a direct quote from windows defender:
Detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
Affected items:
containerfile: Kings Fall\kingsfall-v2.5.8b.zip
file: kingsfall-v2.5.8b.zip->maple.pcode.exe

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
kingsfall 2.5.8b contains different "builds" of the executable.
this for the members that have problems with antivirus deleting the executable.
u can ignore pcode, and just delete it. u only need 1 executable.

Erack

Sep 11, 2018
Would someone be able to direct me as to where I can play the 'Free Mode'? I can't seem to find it in the game files, or inside the game and character creation is huge for me in games.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
free-mode is not updated for a very long time.
to start a free-mode game u create a character and click "<>" and change the story
remember that in free mode u can also change gender/face/hair/skin etc.
screenshot.2022.08.06 22.25.44.png

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Been a couple months -- Didn't want to repeated download new version as they came out -- so I'm out of the loop, but what is the password box supposed to be? Know about the forbidden card thing, but not the box.

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes