VN Ren'Py KLK Ryûko's Rumble dev thread

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
And thus, that task is left up to people like us. Revolutions require revolutionaries.
If we - lezdom lovers - don't do it, who will?

A new age of lezdom hentai is upon us now.
Lezdom is even more specific than yuri, it's even more niche, and it's not a niche which has some very engaged members like flurries or futadom.

I will try to find a fair balance between vanilla/wholesome yuri and "kinkier" in my game.

The big problem being that yuri games are both rares and hard to find with the current tag system. Mods rejected the "add a lesbian protagonist tag" feature so I guess it won't really improve.

It's also very easy to miss some gems since threads that tries to make a list of yuri games are possibly incomplete.

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
Lezdom is even more specific than yuri
Yes, but it's also closer to vanilla. Don't think many yuri lovers will not be into lezdom unless it's some hardcore SM. That said, it's a pity that domination is almost always entangled with SM and humiliation. Servant, willingly and happily serving her mistress, and mistress, acknowledging and respecting that, is also a form of sub-dom relationship, yet very rarely seen. On top of my head I can only remember Sousou and her harem from Koihime. If we take KLK, Satsuki and Nonon can easily have that relationship, actually it's hard to imagine any other :unsure:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Yes, but it's also closer to vanilla. Don't think many yuri lovers will not be into lezdom unless it's some hardcore SM. That said, it's a pity that domination is almost always entangled with SM and humiliation. Servant, willingly and happily serving her mistress, and mistress, acknowledging and respecting that, is also a form of sub-dom relationship, yet very rarely seen. On top of my head I can only remember Sousou and her harem from Koihime. If we take KLK, Satsuki and Nonon can easily have that relationship, actually it's hard to imagine any other :unsure:
I can guarantee you it's not really hard to imagine any other that make sense. :giggle:

Greiya Archives

first rate degenerate
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2022
I will try to find a fair balance between vanilla/wholesome yuri and "kinkier" in my game.
I wish you the best of luck with your game.

I'm also in the process of making my next game - the first main story of the series - and it has a wide variety of lezdom, from soft and consensual to sadistic and reluctant/forced. There's even some plain vanilla yuri. Though, mine also has hetero stuff, with the protagonist being male.

Lezdom is even more specific than yuri, it's even more niche, and it's not a niche which has some very engaged members like flurries or futadom.
hmmmm, I think you'll find both are more popular than you might think.
uncommon doesn't mean unpopular, actually, partly because they're rare, I think you'll see there's a lot of interest in your game fairly quickly.

I think it's just that both fans and people who dislike yuri and/or lezdom aren't as vocal about it as fetishes like furry and futadom.
so yuri/lezdom content just doesn't make as much "noise".

The big problem being that yuri games are both rares and hard to find with the current tag system. Mods rejected the "add a lesbian protagonist tag" feature so I guess it won't really improve.

It's also very easy to miss some gems since threads that tries to make a list of yuri games are possibly incomplete.
this'll be surprising, but the far majority of players who play any adult game will find the game on the front/second page, not by searching for it. regardless of how niche it is.

Though there's probably a higher percentage of players who find niche games through searches / forums / etc. than non-niche games, as well as a higher percentage of players who find niche games through forums becoming supporters than those who find them on the front page (just cause lots of people will try a game they're not into when it's on the front page), but in reality, not enough people find games through forums and searches for it to be a big factor (from a dev's point of view, ofc, niche threads are great when you're the one searching for stuff).

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
That's a bit early but since I'm not a big discord user I created a server for my game's project :

Could be nice to have some people pop in to check if I didn't mess anything up.

It would help me avoiding a disaster launch when the game is finally released.

Last edited:

Gigalomaniac

May 22, 2017
I wish you the best of luck with your game.

I'm also in the process of making my next game - the first main story of the series - and it has a wide variety of lezdom, from soft and consensual to sadistic and reluctant/forced. There's even some plain vanilla yuri. Though, mine also has hetero stuff, with the protagonist being male.
It is only my opinion but any amount of yuri your game will have will be neutralized by the male protagonist. I mean, if you're not participating in it then it's just a filler content, voyeurism at best (not even taking into account self-insert for immersion). If you are participating - this is not a yuri anymore.
P.S. sorry for off top.

• Love
Reactions: Truemourne

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
It is only my opinion but any amount of yuri your game will have will be neutralized by the male protagonist. I mean, if you're not participating in it then it's just a filler content, voyeurism at best (not even taking into account self-insert for immersion). If you are participating - this is not a yuri anymore.
P.S. sorry for off top.
Self-insert is a legitimate concern to me since It's not something that matters to me as a player (I don't self-insert while playing) but that's still I have to take into account as a game maker.

One of the question I have is how much importance people give to writing regarding self-insert.

Do you usually prefers a game which has a 1st or 3rd person point of view ?

Gigalomaniac

May 22, 2017
Self-insert is a legitimate concern to me since It's not something that matters to me as a player (I don't self-insert while playing) but that's still I have to take into account as a game maker.

One of the question I have is how much importance people give to writing regarding self-insert.

Do you usually prefers a game which has a 1st or 3rd person point of view ?
Funny as it is, I like both. As long as the game do not derail too far from the main character, I will be fine.
(Just to be clear, I didn't meant that the main character should be the center of everyone's attention, far from it. Just being in the story is enough.)
Also, I want to add that this is your game first and foremost so you should focus on what's better for you and how do you prefer to write ^^.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Just a little post to give you news about how the game is going.

Sadly I can't leak more sexy content. It will have to wait January. My main artist is still unavaible at the moment.
Just like you all I'm especially waiting the moment I will be able to fill my smut directory because it's the one which is most empty right now.

CG folder.png

The V0.1 will have 5 sex scenes and 11 original CGS (15 if including variants)

I still managed to achieve a lot of thing this month.

I'm currently spending time both polishing the V0.1 and writing the V0.2.

I especially worked on transitions / sprite animations and sound effects.
I will probably need to get more "professionnal sound effects" in the future.

I'm actually putting Anzu's content ingame. Kameko is next.

Regarding music, Half of the OST is now completed, it's going faster than I expected.

I have some new sprites which have been completed. I'm just 2 sprites away from having the whole cast completed :

21.png 20.png

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Last post of the year.

Not a lot of thing to say, just happy to see my sprites folder exceeding the 100 sprites mark.

I don't really plan to add any clothing system into my game, but my script requires me to have a lot of different clothing for many characters. I'm starting to have a real wardrobe for Ryûko.
matoi ryuko clothed happy.png matoi ryuko pajama surprised.png matoi ryuko tracksuit annoyed.png

Have a great holiday everyone, see you next year ! :)

I hope I will manage to release a V0.1 for April/Mai 2023.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, to be expected from what will essentially be a 0.01 release. I wouldn't worry too much about content for that first release. So long as you're able to get your ideas across it should be fine.

Personally, I don't understand how people are able to complain about fan-projects that lots of people just work on in their free time or are paid a super small amount for via things like Patreon or Ko-fi. If this was a project with a lot of people behind it and wasn't something too grand I guess I can understand that a bit better but like damn.
Late followup but I've been busy with RL stuff (and helping devs on other threads), sorry about that.

Oshitari Azumi has a point there, while the playtesting definitely shouldn't be neglected (and spellchecking/proofreading for a VN, though I did notice you can throw mountains of awful grammar at your audience without anyone noticing with the right tricks - still not something I'd recommend if you want to be passionate about your game project) you also shouldn't be too concerned about trying to make a masterpiece right away.

To summarize, you don't want to have some silly marketer throw in "Gwedelino's about to make you their bitch, suck it up" and come up with something that's not only delayed to hell but also so broken it's one of the most infamous games in history, even for people who aren't into FPS (I personally dislike shooters and still experienced all of it) but you don't want to get too concerned about micromanagement.

You can work on this later as you get bored on what to fill your game with (as opposed to delaying the framework and core content).

As for the latter, people generally like to complain regardless of free/paid or time/monetary investment by the developers. This is also how lazy developers get away with absolute crap as long as it's fetish fuel. Someone with a few brain cells can still tell they have zero passion for the actual project and only care about having a huge fanbase that throws a few bucks (shady marketing tactics by exploiting 'tipping') and does the marketing and brainwashing for them.

Self-entitlement for the former, dishonesty and utter lack of ethics for the latter.

To get back to Gwedelino's project - do you intend to make the narrative gender-neutral or have Ryuko be the protagonist throughout the game? The biggest issue with F95 is people will assume that a "yuri" tag means "females only" (with the latter having another issue if not explicitly specified). There is no current way to tell how much yuri content is in the game using only tags, and for VNs, the yuri focus will also be driven by the narrative content. And, of course, "females only" would have to be added manually, but that isn't the case anyway.

Now that you've made it clear there's at least one male and you do intend to have straight content in your game, to keep it "yuri", you don't have to sacrifice anything as long as everyone is clear on what you mean with it and ready to morally or financially support you. I'm just pointing this out because I noticed some of your fans were worried about the game turning into a sausagefest in the future.

Post's already getting a bit long so what I really wanted to say is keep it up and happy holidays. Just keep making your game the way you want to, beware of suggestions trying to drive you away from a clear roadmap, that is how a game gets stuck in development limbo. :)

Reactions: Oshitari Azumi

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Late followup but I've been busy with RL stuff (and helping devs on other threads), sorry about that.

Oshitari Azumi has a point there, while the playtesting definitely shouldn't be neglected (and spellchecking/proofreading for a VN, though I did notice you can throw mountains of awful grammar at your audience without anyone noticing with the right tricks - still not something I'd recommend if you want to be passionate about your game project) you also shouldn't be too concerned about trying to make a masterpiece right away.

To summarize, you don't want to have some silly marketer throw in "Gwedelino's about to make you their bitch, suck it up" and come up with something that's not only delayed to hell but also so broken it's one of the most infamous games in history, even for people who aren't into FPS (I personally dislike shooters and still experienced all of it) but you don't want to get too concerned about micromanagement.

You can work on this later as you get bored on what to fill your game with (as opposed to delaying the framework and core content).

As for the latter, people generally like to complain regardless of free/paid or time/monetary investment by the developers. This is also how lazy developers get away with absolute crap as long as it's fetish fuel. Someone with a few brain cells can still tell they have zero passion for the actual project and only care about having a huge fanbase that throws a few bucks (shady marketing tactics by exploiting 'tipping') and does the marketing and brainwashing for them.

Self-entitlement for the former, dishonesty and utter lack of ethics for the latter.

To get back to Gwedelino's project - do you intend to make the narrative gender-neutral or have Ryuko be the protagonist throughout the game? The biggest issue with F95 is people will assume that a "yuri" tag means "females only" (with the latter having another issue if not explicitly specified). There is no current way to tell how much yuri content is in the game using only tags, and for VNs, the yuri focus will also be driven by the narrative content. And, of course, "females only" would have to be added manually, but that isn't the case anyway.

Now that you've made it clear there's at least one male and you do intend to have straight content in your game, to keep it "yuri", you don't have to sacrifice anything as long as everyone is clear on what you mean with it and ready to morally or financially support you. I'm just pointing this out because I noticed some of your fans were worried about the game turning into a sausagefest in the future.

Post's already getting a bit long so what I really wanted to say is keep it up and happy holidays. Just keep making your game the way you want to, beware of suggestions trying to drive you away from a clear roadmap, that is how a game gets stuck in development limbo. :)
Confidence is a killer, and I'm pretty confident lately. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe it's because most of the newly released games here are not so good (the entry bar seems really low), but I can think I can make something that has the potential to stand out.

My weakpoint is very surely gameplay, and I think a lot of people will give me valid criticism about that specific point. I will need to improve a lot.

I didn't notice anything about people being worried to see my game turning into a sausage fest. Did I missed something ?

Here are the rules my game will follow :

- Ryûko will be the only protagonist for the whole game

- The game won't be yuri only but at least 90 % of the scenes will involve yuri only and most of the routes will be yuri only

- Building up a yuri harem will be possible

- Non-yuri scenes will be easily avoidable

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
I already said that this game will be very yuri oriented and that it will be possible to have pure yuri routes, but I never excluded to add some straight scenes
Ah that´s a shame. Would have prefered if it would be a 100 % Yuri Game. Really don´t like Straight Content as option in Lesbian Games even if it is optional. These kind of things are not really necessary.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Ah that´s a shame. Would have prefered if it would be a 100 % Yuri Game. Really don´t like Straight Content as option in Lesbian Games even if it is optional. These kind of things are not really necessary.
My position will remain the same about this specific point.

I don't see any problem about adding those scenes if the player can easily avoid it without feeling like they're missing content.

I'm really not in the "Yeah, but on another route, the character does this, so I don't like this anymore" state of mind.

I can also add that it will be very limited as my current storyboard don't plan to add ANY other scenes than yuri scenes before a while. I've got a lot of time before reaching that point.