alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think you're severely underestimating the effort that this game takes. It's a full-length RPGM with complicated structure and visual novel-length scenes. Read Silentce's and my earlier comments in this thread. At the same time, take a look at Eiyu Senki Gold that was literally released this morning; that game took 5 years to translate.

High profile games take a massive amount of time to work on, that is why I am pretty sure Kagura is taking it easy in the background while focusing on quicker projects to finish (which gives quicker returns). This "unspoken rule" and competition only exist in the fan translation level; Kagura Games is an official localizer, and the only one in the RPGM scene too who doesn't rely on MTL. They have no need to compete with anybody. Once a deal is struck with a dev, it is highly unlikely that a game get put onto another localizer unless the dev is really disappointed with the localizer they had a deal with.

At this point, it's best to go bug Kagura and let them know we want the game translated. That's how consumer should remind companies of games they want: The more they see a game getting attention the higher chance of it being prioritized.
Taking it easy is a terrible move, that's what you do for smaller games that take less time because they will be done quicker regardless. To keep up, larger games need more effort put into them. People on the internet aren't just going to sit around for years on end to wait for the official translation, that's why some accepted this one in this case, because it has been so long.

The unwillingness to go to another localizer is another issue that results in people just settling for MTL. You have to balance time and quality as optimally as possible so that the game isn't stuck in translation for years, which will eventually cause the players to just go with MTL and fan translators to step up either with a human translation or MTL regardless of the official.

Imouto!? Life Monochrome was supposed to get a Kagura translation, though it ultimately got cancelled. In the time while this official translation was planned, there was little news of the translation except that the developer told a fan translator already working on it to stop to avoid losing income from the now cancelled Kagura translation. It was a while before any news came and we only got news because of other players asking the dev, which got a bit messy with the language barrier. It was ultimately interpreted as being cancelled and work on the fan translation was resumed, which is the version uploaded here.

We never did find out what caused it to be cancelled, but that is a case where another localizer should have been given a shot. Because it wasn't, none of the fan translators were willing to continue until it was presumed a dead official translation and we waited unnecessarily for it.

Kagura takes in too many projects at once and is causing a bottleneck in their own workflow, that's why we won't see this get done, because by the time it gets through that bottleneck, we'll be gone.

The MTL is better for that reason alone.

You're hilarious dude, they'll translate it but they have a massive log of games that take priority over it.
You mean like Imouto!? Life Monochrome got translated? It didn't get a translation by Kagura by the way, that was an F95zone effort based on work from ULMF prior to the announcement of the official translation that is presumed dead.

Thant San

Jun 2, 2018
If anyone has japanese ver of this game.... you can just use this tool and try it since it just injects the translation instead of actually translate variables..
Maybe it will reduce the crashes of game..

Reactions: Ari002 and Manganin

phucxhh

Jan 30, 2018
I have to lose combat with mob so fmc will be raped to corrupt them? or i can win every combat but fmc still corrupted later ?
I like this game art, system, game play but if there is only rape combat i feel so empty
p/s: Game crash often in early but after go to world map part i dont meet any crash in 2hr later.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
I had the same issue, extract it with Japanese locale.
So i should change my region to Japanese Locale then extract it then change it back? oof... wish there was a way to extract it with 7zip without having to do that..

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Opened the game for the first time... All good. Closed it so i could adjust the window size etc... to make it less pixelated. Ended up not actually changing any settings as wanted to see if I could simply adjust the window size myself while the game is running. I go to open the game again for the second time... Doesn't open. Gives the error "the parameter is not correct". Literally done nothing different to how I opened it the first time and no settings have been changed.

What?

Deceptus

Aug 21, 2017
I have to lose combat with mob so fmc will be raped to corrupt them? or i can win every combat but fmc still corrupted later ?
I like this game art, system, game play but if there is only rape combat i feel so empty
p/s: Game crash often in early but after go to world map part i dont meet any crash in 2hr later.
Not necessarily.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think it's because it stings more if you could have avoided it, and thus, hotter!

For the people that don't like ntr at all... what are they even doing in an ntr game thread?!
It's an attempt to not miss out on a potentially good game for a fetish they don't like. If it is optional, they might still play while just avoiding that specific content. However, some go even further since avoidable can me two different things. In some games, avoidable means it just isn't visible, but still happens, so some players take a hard stance unless it can be turned off entirely as well, meaning it does not occur at all. Some will settle for not witnessing it even if it still technically happens.

Reactions: Fibbers

leyre

Jun 29, 2017
Crashes even if you dont anything, garbage game, really, if you upload something like this and you know is unstable as fuck you should get a ban, this isnt a race, there's absolutely no rush to post something so terribly broken

rainin727

Apr 7, 2018
Honestly, even with the crashes, this was an awesome game with a lot of enjoyable content. Thoroughly pleased with Gyu as usual.

for the crashes, just save plenty! I saved everytime before a H dialogue or boss fight.
Also, like others have said, make sure to unzip with Japanese.

I noticed a lot of crashes happened when I pressed D (the game speed up button) and/or ctrl during dialogue... but reload and you usually get through.

Just be pleased that you guys are getting a free game + translation here and stop bitching so hard.

The MTL was rough but great for getting the overall gist and was very playable. Most of the H content appears in the end.

Finally for the guy complaining about the difficulty, buy some better equipment, learn how to use the all heal spell, or you can go to the cheat shop in the second room of the CG/recollection room and buy the 0 cost stat item.

GaylordMuSS

Oct 25, 2019
Why ask the question

Why do people care to ask this question every time a ntr game comes ?? its a mystery to me ...
Because the game's looking great, but personally i don't like when this kind of content cannot be avoided or takes up big chunk of the plot.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
While NTR isn't normally my thing the amount of people failing to open it at all made me want to check what's up. Had the same issue as most people when trying to open it with the error messages. If your using winrar then when you open the archive, dismiss the trial message as normal then choose to change the language from default to Japanese in options and then go to commands and choose to extract to a specific place, this should allow the Japanese file names to extract correctly allowing the game to open.

Reactions: Fibbers

rainin727

Apr 7, 2018
btw does anyone know how to get nasty state (the pink mode) to activate? I am at the end game and still can't figure it out.

I try selecting it from the menu, but everything is still normal.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Taking it easy is a terrible move, that's what you do for smaller games that take less time because they will be done quicker regardless. To keep up, larger games need more effort put into them. People on the internet aren't just going to sit around for years on end to wait for the official translation, that's why some accepted this one in this case, because it has been so long.

The unwillingness to go to another localizer is another issue that results in people just settling for MTL. You have to balance time and quality as optimally as possible so that the game isn't stuck in translation for years, which will eventually cause the players to just go with MTL and fan translators to step up either with a human translation or MTL regardless of the official.

Imouto!? Life Monochrome was supposed to get a Kagura translation, though it ultimately got cancelled. In the time while this official translation was planned, there was little news of the translation except that the developer told a fan translator already working on it to stop to avoid losing income from the now cancelled Kagura translation. It was a while before any news came and we only got news because of other players asking the dev, which got a bit messy with the language barrier. It was ultimately interpreted as being cancelled and work on the fan translation was resumed, which is the version uploaded here.

We never did find out what caused it to be cancelled, but that is a case where another localizer should have been given a shot. Because it wasn't, none of the fan translators were willing to continue until it was presumed a dead official translation and we waited unnecessarily for it.

Kagura takes in too many projects at once and is causing a bottleneck in their own workflow, that's why we won't see this get done, because by the time it gets through that bottleneck, we'll be gone.

The MTL is better for that reason alone.

You mean like Imouto!? Life Monochrome got translated? It didn't get a translation by Kagura by the way, that was an F95zone effort based on work from ULMF prior to the announcement of the official translation that is presumed dead.
As stated earlier you clearly don't really have a scope of how translation projects work when you aren't focused on one single thing instead of having to plan around a multitude of works, on top of not just translating but also editing images to uncensor and clean for release. You do you though lol

Reactions: Golden Vampire
3.20 star(s) 16 Votes