Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes
Apr 2, 2021
It is dead, dev on discord said there will be no more updates because the game is "done", he'll just release some patches and fixes once in a while. Instead of improving his most popular 15$ game that is barebones in terms of things to do he's going to focus on a cock vore project lmao
A game with interesting growth and genetic mechanics? Just bin that shit- its vore time!

Booo. Furries and their vore man.

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
It is dead, dev on discord said there will be no more updates because the game is "done", he'll just release some patches and fixes once in a while. Instead of improving his most popular 15$ game that is barebones in terms of things to do he's going to focus on a cock vore project lmao
Sometime with such situation I regret that Steam haven't in their ToS some regulations about abandoned games like removin' them from their platform.

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
Sometime with such situation I regret that Steam haven't in their ToS some regulations about abandoned games like removin' them from their platform.
First of all, over the course of time, the dev mentioned several times that the current state would be the plan to achieve and be considered finished once mod-support is implemented if he finds an acceptable way to do so.
As such, calling it "dead" or "abandoned" doesn't fit right in my opinion - while yes, more could be done, it doesn't mean it's necessary.

Additionally, he did mention that while the game'll be considered finished, he'll focus on other projects - as he also learned a lot in the process - as well as that he might add more features in the future, however that isn't set in stone.

So calling it "dead" doesn't really fit, as he did say that he'll continue support for it at the very least for as long as he can manage.
Calling it "abandoned" doesn't really fit as well, as - atleast as far as I know - the current state was his goal which he mentioned quite often (minus bugs and such).

So let's not just jump towards "It's dead!" or "It's abandoned!" just because an early access game finishes.

While I do agree that games that do not even closely reach their goals shouldn't be sold, at the very least, one should also try to inform themselves on such projects on what the intended goal is and whether or not the price'd be worth it for the current state at the time (with expectation of some kind of changes).

I for my part knew that the current state would be considered finished (feature-wise) prior to purchasing it - as such I did not have much more expectations than it's current state (minus bugs and potentially some QoL changes or something)

Though, I have to add that I am not sure how it was before that - so this is from my own perspective only.

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
from my perspective of view i see that game as precious gem, that can get much more attention from furry (and yiff especcially) community... far more than now. and we already see that some people comin' to mods makin' on steam workshop. But while dev doesn't work on that project on full power and see it just like good experience, i see it like abandonin' one not fully done project to go to other (and maybe next project will be dropped in same way).
yeah, yeah, it's goin' often in indie gamedev, but really. wth?
Or maybe i just want too much.
But i really see that koboldKare doesn't have fully done Core for now, and slowin' down fixing and improvin' game is bad omen.

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
But i really see that koboldKare doesn't have fully done Core for now, and slowin' down fixing and improvin' game is bad omen.
AFAIK the break in updates overall were due to the dev being busy with moving to another location and all - so I personally do still expect bug fixes and considering that he still plans to "support" it for as long as he manages, meaning include bugfixes.
Considering that he's (atleast from last time I checked) also okay with including certain user-content (scripts and such) into the base game after ensuring it works and all, so their mods can have more than just pre-defined functionality... there's still room for new things from the modders-side

As for a fully done core, I believe that's mostly subjective, as quite a lot of people enjoy it being so "barebones" for RP purposes and all (though I might've misunderstood the intended definition of core here).

But yes, I do agree that there's still a lot of untapped potential, however, one shouldn't forget that he did work on it for a long time and whether we like it or not, everything has to see an end, even if just for the time being - who knows, he might return to it fully or start another project in the future with similarities to this one with more focus on "gameplay" rather than a sandboxy approach (unsure how to phrase it, so this'll have to do) and yes, with "gameplay" I refer to most requests/ideas I've seen with people expecting some form of progression aside of more of tutorial-ish tasks and such.
As for keeping it similar and just adding more things to do of sorts - modders could still do that.
However, that'd require them to make a pull-request to code-based content of their mod(s) for the dev to check over and all - but AFAIK (last time I checked at least) he was still up to do such things, so long as they don't conflict with the base and just get enabled via their mod or something along those lines.
(As for why not to include a possibility for custom scripts in mods was due to security concerns IIRC - though I might remember wrong)

Also sorry if I do come across as aggressive - that's not my intention, just trying to share my opinion! (But yes, I do agree that it could theoretically be improved a bunch and "could be" something even better, though my "rant" is more about calling it dead or abandoned, which is quite harsh for indie games that achieve their intended goals - as that'd indicate it not being achieved at all)

IslayPliskin

Jul 8, 2021
The game is open source, so it won't ever truly be dead. It's just unfortunate that this game was sortta the first project of Nael, and that means a lot of mistakes were made during development, and a rewrite would be needed for some really noticeable and worth while changes. As it stands, the game is a developmental mess and a pain to work with.

Daugorn

Oct 16, 2018
AFAIK the break in updates overall were due to the dev being busy with moving to another location and all - so I personally do still expect bug fixes and considering that he still plans to "support" it for as long as he manages, meaning include bugfixes.
Considering that he's (atleast from last time I checked) also okay with including certain user-content (scripts and such) into the base game after ensuring it works and all, so their mods can have more than just pre-defined functionality... there's still room for new things from the modders-side

As for a fully done core, I believe that's mostly subjective, as quite a lot of people enjoy it being so "barebones" for RP purposes and all (though I might've misunderstood the intended definition of core here).

But yes, I do agree that there's still a lot of untapped potential, however, one shouldn't forget that he did work on it for a long time and whether we like it or not, everything has to see an end, even if just for the time being - who knows, he might return to it fully or start another project in the future with similarities to this one with more focus on "gameplay" rather than a sandboxy approach (unsure how to phrase it, so this'll have to do) and yes, with "gameplay" I refer to most requests/ideas I've seen with people expecting some form of progression aside of more of tutorial-ish tasks and such.
As for keeping it similar and just adding more things to do of sorts - modders could still do that.
However, that'd require them to make a pull-request to code-based content of their mod(s) for the dev to check over and all - but AFAIK (last time I checked at least) he was still up to do such things, so long as they don't conflict with the base and just get enabled via their mod or something along those lines.
(As for why not to include a possibility for custom scripts in mods was due to security concerns IIRC - though I might remember wrong)

Also sorry if I do come across as aggressive - that's not my intention, just trying to share my opinion! (But yes, I do agree that it could theoretically be improved a bunch and "could be" something even better, though my "rant" is more about calling it dead or abandoned, which is quite harsh for indie games that achieve their intended goals - as that'd indicate it not being achieved at all)
If I knew that Nael was gonna stop pushing out actual updates (meaning new content, not just bugfixes/patches) only a few months after the game got a bunch of attention and people started buying it, I wouldn't have gotten it. The game still feels very early access and mods won't change that. Stopping development of your most popular game right after pushing out workshop support is an incredibly dumb move. Saying that youre still going to update your game when people voiced their concerns due to a lack of literally any mention about KK only for a few months of nothing later to say that the game is done and the only "updates" that will come will be some ui changes and patches feels scummy. Plus even the workshop seems to be dead, there's like only one person who made 4 new models since may and that's about it. If the game isn't dead yet, it will be in only a few months.

Reactions: Escrotosensual

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
there's like only one person who made 4 new models since may and that's about it.
and if you look a little into comments section, that man already tried some monetization by patreon and other variants (and i think, he with a few models like this he can get more money than Naelstrof with KK at all, heh).

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
Has there been any update on the other game?
Last thing I heard of it was when it got shared in this thread

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes