Iolita

May 15, 2021
Well first of all you're supporting the developers so that's awesome! But you made no mistake. I think Sunshine has a few more animations perhaps? I'm not sure on that. It's set at a beach resort instead of a school and that's really it. The custom characters you can get are mostly compatible with Party so you'll run into less errors.
Thankyou, I suppose I'll keep my Koikatsu purchase. Even with the winter sale for the game and the afterparty, it was still basically $100. I got the HF patch and some cards. I heard that party had better story mode than SUNSHINE, so I am hoping for that.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine as not story.

While Koikatsu has a basic story ( summary in 2 lines : Your aunt own an all-girl-highschool, and she had you (a boy) transfered in so that you can "help" the students get used to masculine presence and interaction. Which is basically a free pass to create a "dating sim" club at the school).

Sunshine is basically "what happened during the school trip in a southern island during summer" for the guy and his girl classmate from Koikatsu.

Sunshine introcude a conversation subject system, to make thing more intesting, more personalities and replace the female staffs with a single female tourist guide as a side from the schoolgirls.

As far as H positions goes, there more in Sunshine, true. HOWEVER, fan made mods adding position are more developper for the base game, making it have more position if modded than sunshine modded (for the moment at least).

The real difference at the moment is the setting (school or "tropical island") and the friendship system (school & vacation work diferently). As far as customisation and H positions goes, it's more dependant on WHAT fan mods you install to play.

Iolita

May 15, 2021
Sunshine as not story.

While Koikatsu has a basic story ( summary in 2 lines : Your aunt own an all-girl-highschool, and she had you (a boy) transfered in so that you can "help" the students get used to masculine presence and interaction. Which is basically a free pass to create a "dating sim" club at the school).

Sunshine is basically "what happened during the school trip in a southern island during summer" for the guy and his girl classmate from Koikatsu.

Sunshine introcude a conversation subject system, to make thing more intesting, more personalities and replace the female staffs with a single female tourist guide as a side from the schoolgirls.

As far as H positions goes, there more in Sunshine, true. HOWEVER, fan made mods adding position are more developper for the base game, making it have more position if modded than sunshine modded (for the moment at least).

The real difference at the moment is the setting (school or "tropical island") and the friendship system (school & vacation work diferently). As far as customisation and H positions goes, it's more dependant on WHAT fan mods you install to play.
Thankyou very much for the descriptive response. I've decided to keep my purchase of Party, while also downloading the SUNSHINE repack. I'll just have both! I'll enjoy the gameplay of Party for now, and watch if SUNSHINE evolves... Or if it ever comes to the west.

lleerr

May 19, 2017
i got something for you.... +1100 shoes config file...
https://f95zone.to/threads/koikatu-repack-rx16-illusion.14554/post-9572382

anyways files are compatible from each others games and futures:
C:\ILLUSION\Koikatsu BetterRepack RX7\BepInEx\Stiletto
C:\ILLUSION\Koikatsu Sunshine EX BetterRepack R6\BepInEx\Stiletto

and so on you just use the last version you have then copy paste everything on both games.....version does not matter!!!!
I'll check it this weekend (or sooner) and will give feedback then.
Thx for your reply, I appreciate

Reactions: bwebrwkerw

sadopandoria

Oct 10, 2022
Does anyone know what H moves does trigger the rough/abused part? Otherwise there are like 3 only who have "restrain" in the name or "hair pulling"

Im looking at the Crest mod source code ( ) but i cant tell what's what.

whiney

Dec 18, 2018
Which version is generally better (more fun/customization, more positions) this version or regular Koikatsu?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
where can i get more 3way positions?
You can't, the developers have never really focused on threesome and I do not believe there to be a positions mod at this time that works for threesomes.

The only ways to do it are:

A. have a second non-virgin girl with the affection and horniness to want to do it with you in the same area when you start a sex scene and you have a chance to get an icon once you are in the scene with the first girl, click that.

B. sneak up to two girls in lesbian interaction and you have a chance to get an icon while peeping on them, click that.

C. I do believe the twin making talisman or whatever it is called from the point shop at the harbor makes a duplicate of the girl you use it on, but can only be used on lovers with a high degree of experience in sex as far as I know, at least that was the only time it popped up as an option.

However, I'm pretty sure they all use the same positions.

angerybro

May 7, 2020
You can't, the developers have never really focused on threesome and I do not believe there to be a positions mod at this time that works for threesomes.

The only ways to do it are:

A. have a second non-virgin girl with the affection and horniness to want to do it with you in the same area when you start a sex scene and you have a chance to get an icon once you are in the scene with the first girl, click that.

B. sneak up to two girls in lesbian interaction and you have a chance to get an icon while peeping on them, click that.

C. I do believe the twin making talisman or whatever it is called from the point shop at the harbor makes a duplicate of the girl you use it on, but can only be used on lovers with a high degree of experience in sex as far as I know, at least that was the only time it popped up as an option.

However, I'm pretty sure they all use the same positions.
that's dumb. that needs more poses. somebody needs to get on that shit.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
that's dumb. that needs more poses. somebody needs to get on that shit.
Their real customers, Japanese people who actually bought the game, wanted customization on the girls more than any gameplay element. This was a result of that as was basically every other gameplay element that is lacking in variety (note that I am counting any and all buyers as "Japanese people who actually bought the game" because this game has not had an official out of Japan release).

• Sad
Reactions: bwebrwkerw

樟葉莲

Nov 2, 2019
I know this probably has been asked a lot but, for the sole purpose of using mods and scenes, which Koikatsu is better?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know this probably has been asked a lot but, for the sole purpose of using mods and scenes, which Koikatsu is better?
Koikatsu original is better for mods. If you mean positions on scenes, that would still be Koikatsu modded, but unmodded would be Koikatsu Sunshine. If you mean scenes as in the things made in the studio, they are only different in that they have different maps, though maybe Koikatsu Sunshine having the Koikatsu maps is a bit of an advantage.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes