iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
These games... always feel like they should have more depth than they do.
The ability to choose one of three places to stay in sounds neat, but there's nothing to do there. The map is so small and there's barely anything to interact with.
It'd be cool of here really was a tennis minigame or something, but no.
The 'topic' minigame... seems very simple? But people never ask about the topics that I have.
The island setting reminds me of Ai Shoujo though. That at least had a crafting mechanic.

Koikatsu vanilla always made me think that the school should have some secrets. A hidden room or something. Maybe some real NPCs.
Instead it's just...

Enizan

Nov 9, 2019
colleagues could you help me how to disable the indicator that comes out when I press enter and other keys is very annoying more when I'm editing a character.
Captura de pantalla (190).png

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
Had to delete the entire custom animations pack (sideload modpack - animations). All of the custom ones were misaligned for me (on R3) and even if I aligned them myself they looked cheap. They shouldn't be enabled by default... thanks.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
What's the difference between R2 and R3? I don't see a changelog on the website.
The game definitely seems playable in R2.2, although maybe a new official patch came out that i'm missing.

Most of the mods in the repack don't really interest me aside from the translation. Although to be frank that might be because none of them are documented very well. I don't know what 90% of this shit does or how the new menus that were added even work, so i'm mostly playing the game vanilla, but in english.

And a lot of the 'community made characters' are... i'm gonna be nice and say "joke characters."
A bunch of low-quality weirdo-losers in other words.
I ended up going into the chara folder and just deleting about 50% of them to make it easier to find the ones that i'd actually made/added myself.

Almost all of the community made male characters are like... bright green shrek motherfuckers or fatasses or shotas or other weirdos that I don't want to play as.
All that aside,

One change that i'd suggest if it hasn't already been done is that the 'suddenly appears' trait should probably be 'easily startled' or something.
Because how it seems to function is that the characters with this trait jump/yell when you approach them from behind, not the other way around.

Although I could be wrong, I guess. Maybe it has to do with the 'take a nap on a bench and maybe get suprised with a wake-up blowjob' event.

I have had a lot of people with this trait yell out when I went up to talk to them though, so I assume that's what the trait does.

Also, unrelated but Illusion finally allowing me to save my game in the middle of the day is a godsend. i never liked having to wait until morning before I could hit save.

Last edited:

IceSodaFreak

May 31, 2018
What's the difference between R2 and R3? I don't see a changelog on the website.
The game definitely seems playable in R2.2, although maybe a new official patch came out that i'm missing.

Most of the mods in the repack don't really interest me aside from the translation. Although to be frank that might be because none of them are documented very well. I don't know what 90% of this shit does or how the new menus that were added even work, so i'm mostly playing the game vanilla, but in english.

And a lot of the 'community made characters' are... i'm gonna be nice and say "joke characters."
A bunch of low-quality weirdo-losers in other words.
I ended up going into the chara folder and just deleting about 50% of them to make it easier to find the ones that i'd actually made/added myself.

Almost all of the community made male characters are like... bright green shrek motherfuckers or fatasses or shotas or other weirdos that I don't want to play as.
All that aside,

One change that i'd suggest if it hasn't already been done is that the 'suddenly appears' trait should probably be 'easily startled' or something.
Because how it seems to function is that the characters with this trait jump/yell when you approach them from behind, not the other way around.

Although I could be wrong, I guess. Maybe it has to do with the 'take a nap on a bench and maybe get suprised with a wake-up blowjob' event.

I have had a lot of people with this trait yell out when I went up to talk to them though, so I assume that's what the trait does.

Also, unrelated but Illusion finally allowing me to save my game in the middle of the day is a godsend. i never liked having to wait until morning before I could hit save.
The difference between the two is that the mods are updated to the newest versions, which tends to have better stability and added features. There is also that clothing gets added, aka the moded clothing, which leaves for more customization when it comes to characters. A third difference which could be added along with the first is that fixes for the game is added. A fourth is that new mods are added, whether they are in the optional section or not. That's really what the main difference are between the versions, if your current one is working fine and whatnot, then you don't have to update, but certain cards wont work because you don't have the correct clothing.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The difference between the two is that the mods are updated to the newest versions, which tends to have better stability and added features. There is also that clothing gets added, aka the moded clothing, which leaves for more customization when it comes to characters. A third difference which could be added along with the first is that fixes for the game is added. A fourth is that new mods are added, whether they are in the optional section or not. That's really what the main difference are between the versions, if your current one is working fine and whatnot, then you don't have to update, but certain cards wont work because you don't have the correct clothing.
Yes, I'm well aware of all that. I'm asking what the specific changes are.

If there's an official patch, then I want to update.
If there's some sort of necessary bugfixed for a mod, then i'll have to think about it. If it's just a bunch more optional mods that I don't intend to use, then I won't bother.

pipilibali

Nov 12, 2020
When i try to speak with the story NPC, game bugs and doesn't allow me to do anything or goes into dialogue screen/camera even though game still runs and other girls can move in-game.

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
this is a problem that happens to me with the overlay textures of the clothes, to solve the problem you have to remove the textures.
Ok i didn't quite understood what you said, but i downloaded the base game Koikatsu, started the character male editor, dragged in the female model from a folder. The booba is there, but it reverts back to no booba in the game!! I'm lost.

edit: ok nvm, for some reason the base model got changed to male on import, i had to set it back to female and then everything worked.

Last edited:

thenull86

May 13, 2017
does anybody else has issues when transend to the time of the day when i do my character disappear and i cannot click the buttons on menu/

JustinTime847

Jan 30, 2021
I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm having some trouble even just downloading the thing...
I used the torrent link to download the base game for R3 onto my computer, but since I don't have much space in my machine's storage for it, I decided to unzip the file into a flash drive. Partway through the somewhat smooth unzipping, 7-zip started saying certain files were corrupted or unreadable, and when I checked they weren't in the final file. After the unzipping finishes, I start having issues trying to run the game too, like the .exe file thinking there isn't a data folder with it despite one clearly being there. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else fixed this sort of thing before?

Last edited:

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm having some trouble even just downloading the thing...
I used the torrent link to download the base game for R3 onto my computer, but since I don't have much space in my machine's storage for it, I decided to unzip the file into a flash drive. Partway through the somewhat smooth unzipping, 7-zip started saying certain files were corrupted or unreadable, and when I checked they weren't in the final file. After the unzipping finishes, I start having issues trying to run the game too, like the .exe file thinking there isn't a data folder with it despite one clearly being there. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else fixed this sort of thing before?
I do not know how virtual memories work, to play it you have to unzip the game, and it seems you have problems with antivirus, and then since Windows has problems with long names I recommend shortening the name, for example I use KKS BR R3

JustinTime847

Jan 30, 2021
I do not know how virtual memories work, to play it you have to unzip the game, and it seems you have problems with antivirus, and then since Windows has problems with long names I recommend shortening the name, for example I use KKS BR R3
I’m not sure how anti-virus would make certain files unreadable. I downloaded the Better Repack R3, that’s when the described event happens. Since making this post I used my flash drive’s function of repairing corrupted files, and I can run InitSettings well now. However when I try to run the .exe for Koikatsu Sunshine it opens very slowly, only shows a white screen in the window, and starts saying it isn’t responding once I interact with it in any way (moving the window around, for example). At this point I can only wonder if my computer’s specs are just too low to even run it…

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I’m not sure how anti-virus would make certain files unreadable. I downloaded the Better Repack R3, that’s when the described event happens. Since making this post I used my flash drive’s function of repairing corrupted files, and I can run InitSettings well now. However when I try to run the .exe for Koikatsu Sunshine it opens very slowly, only shows a white screen in the window, and starts saying it isn’t responding once I interact with it in any way (moving the window around, for example). At this point I can only wonder if my computer’s specs are just too low to even run it…
Antiviruses remove files, so it is not strange that it can happen.
For specs look here

obviously mods increase specs.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I'm a little curious about the new update, I've never understood if it puts new zones or new sex spots.

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
meh dlc looks repeatitive like previous titles. If only illusion put a little more effort into systems and come up with new ideas, rather than just milking voice packs and costumes

HerbertK

Sep 26, 2017
Is there a tool / savegame editor out yet that allows you to increase the number of topics in your inventory?

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
meh dlc looks repeatitive like previous titles. If only illusion put a little more effort into systems and come up with new ideas, rather than just milking voice packs and costumes
the dlc are always welcome dlc as the mod 1 thing they do, improve the playability.
Is there a tool / savegame editor out yet that allows you to increase the number of topics in your inventory?
I don't know anything about the topics, but some time ago I read about a guy who did it with cheat tools.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 16 Votes