chrono1337

Aug 30, 2017
Why do so many people say AA2 is the best illusion game? Sure, it has the best AI, but the gameplay is horrendous, not even counting the windows 10 performance issues. I tried going back only to find myself raging at getting lost every five seconds and losing track of the other characters only to interrupt their scenes when I track them via the menu.
because it is an excellent simulator. Spent countless hours watching how relationships would play out in that game. also trolling said relationships.

solidwoodsw

Jun 13, 2019
Koikatsu is good for character customization and all, but I want a new Artificial Academy. AA gameplay>Koikatsu. Miss the times the male characters in AA trynna fuck my girl and i beat the shit outa him lol. Or the wholesome moment when the GF runs up to you and kiss you. Fun role play.

HighGrove

Nov 10, 2017
I've been watching this thread for a couple days to see if anyone else would have the problem I've been having, but so far it hasn't come up. So, here it is: the game doesn't actually launch for me? Clicking the "InitSetting" application first pops up a warning that "KK Manager" failed to load, then brings up the launcher. But after clicking "Start Game" on the launcher, it just closes and the game never launches? Is there some other step involved that I've missed? For the record, just clicking "KoikatuSunshineTrial" doesn't start the game, either.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021
When launching and trying to use the character creation tool, my game crashes and the executive file is deleted automatically. Am I suppost to have bought Koitkatsu or what is going on?

DLDMC12

Mar 19, 2020
Think we will be able to port over the maps and school from KK into this new game once it's launched? Would be cool to have even more areas available.

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
Man actually Illusion really need to upgrade their char creator UI. After seeing Miconisomi's new char creator for their upcoming game, illusion has been lazy at improving on what they already created. I don't even know what's different in KK2's creator from what KK1 had

Reactions: evaw

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Man actually Illusion really need to upgrade their char creator UI. After seeing Miconisomi's new char creator for their upcoming game, illusion has been lazy at improving on what they already created. I don't even know what's different in KK2's creator from what KK1 had
Illusion was always 'lazy'. They always reuse their assets as most as possible. But they release almost 2 games a year. So I don't think we can expect them to upgrade every aspect of their games in every release. Specially because of covid.

This KK sunshine game will just copy KK original, then add some minigames; a new map; new h scenes; and some in game UI improvements (maybe copied from AI shoujo). I think it's enough content for a new game.

To be honest, I'm just happy they aren't making those boring VN games anymore (like Happy End Trigger, Musumakeup and Ore ga Shujinkou)

black209

Oct 24, 2019
You can watch the latest video from the website here:
(For those who can't bypass the Japan block)

Just scroll down.

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Looks like the game is larger than KK1 in terms of world size (and more interesting, given that KK1 just was a school).

I wonder if they also took the "build" part from AI into this game, given that many other elements are in it that did appear in AI.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
It seems to me that the Illusion will by all means delay the release of AA3 or a similar well developed (in terms of gameplay) game.
And it's not about optimization problems or poor supplies of modern hardware at all. It's simply not profitable for them to release such a quality product. It's much more profitable to release underdeveloped games, each of which players will pray "What if there's something interesting there?" instead of "I already have a dream game-simulator that I'm almost completely happy with, and their next game looks questionable."
Also, when games are developed on a "conveyor belt", it's implied by players that each next game must be of at least as good a quality as the previous one.
Illusion certainly do NOT need this.
So, why should developers bother when people anyways buy games with about zero gameplay at full price every year?
The answer is simple.
All this also explains why they don't support mod developers in any way. (They don't need anyone to significantly enhance their game.)

Last edited:

AnaLyser

Sep 13, 2019
Damn they release the trial so soon? Did they gave the release date? Ok June 28 Fug it's August the 27th...

I hope the sex gameplay is like hs 2, not only softcore
What do you mean? There was deepthroat, anal etc in koikatsu.

Last edited:

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
It seems to me that the Illusion will by all means delay the release of AA3 or a similar well developed (in terms of gameplay) game.
And it's not about optimization problems or poor supplies of modern hardware at all. It's simply not profitable for them to release such a quality product. It's much more profitable to release underdeveloped games, each of which players will pray "What if there's something interesting there?" instead of "I already have a dream game-simulator that I'm almost completely happy with, and their next game looks questionable."
Also, when games are developed on a "conveyor belt", it's implied by players that each next game must be of at least as good a quality as the previous one.
Illusion certainly do NOT need this.
So, why should developers bother when people anyways buy games with about zero gameplay at full price every year?
The answer is simple.
All this also explains why they don't support mod developers in any way. (They don't need anyone to significantly enhance their game.)
- Illusion has the best character customization and great sex scenes (quality and quantity-wise). But the worst gameplay. So, they focus on what they are good at. So don't expect anything innovative.

- I think their way of developing games is great. I like their 1 or 2 games a year cadence. I don't think "a dream game-simulator I'm almost completely happy with" exists. I always want to see something new.

- About modders, I don't know what they think about it. But we need to consider that mod support adds development costs. They would need to create mod tools; develop the game code with mod support in mind (restrictions); they would need to keep an eye in mods content (imagine how fucked up would be if they supported a mod that had something illegal?)

If you look at the games being developed in patreon, you can clearly see that some of them have the same yearly budget as illusion does (500k, estimated), but they deliver a much worse game, or take way longer to finish their game (Operation lovecraft, Wildlife). And there are those who scam their supporters (MGI, Milfy City).

Considering everything I said, I think that Illusion should be appraised as a model to be followed. Not COPIED, because it has some flaws, which you and I share the same opinion.
Damn they release the trial so soon? Did they gave the release date? Ok June 28

What do you mean? There was deepthroat, anal etc in koikatsu.
Actually, August.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rethos and AnaLyser

gkwolf

Mar 29, 2020
First Koikatsu was boring. AI sucks besides some cute animations they would do passively. Only thing better was the graphics which no shit because it was released recently. AA3 is what literally everybody wants because in terms of gameplay and the AI interactions between each other, it blows pretty much every other game made by Illusion out of the water. Was just fun as shit. For example, I'd work so hard to get say.. the Smart personality up in friendship and a relationship without using cheats/built in trainer only to see around the corner my boy who I also was working up on friendship smashing the fuck out of her in the baseball field during break lol. Or two random ass girls who you didn't think would be friends end up scissoring in the principle's office. Just random shit like that made AA2 superior. I'm pissed and honestly am not hopeful that this "sequel" will be anything close to it.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes