Quetzalcoatl

Aug 2, 2017
I remember trying this game at its early stages and I just couldn't play it. it had like 3 fps no matter what video settings I chose. I have rather old pc, but not even shooters perform so badly on it like Koikatu. Artificial Academy 2 runs smooth, custom maid 3d 2 has some little visible lags but runs well overall, but this one is just too heavy - so much for anime graphics... Is there any mod for increasing performance?
if you get only 3fps even when in an H-Scene, you're out of luck. There's some mods that increase and optimize gameplay when running around in school, but if you suffer that kind of FPS even in an h-scene, then that's bad news.

Bubbaray1962

Mar 25, 2019
I remember trying this game at its early stages and I just couldn't play it. it had like 3 fps no matter what video settings I chose. I have rather old pc, but not even shooters perform so badly on it like Koikatu. Artificial Academy 2 runs smooth, custom maid 3d 2 has some little visible lags but runs well overall, but this one is just too heavy - so much for anime graphics... Is there any mod for increasing performance?
Start a game with less students. The more students the bigger hit to fps

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
if you get only 3fps even when in an H-Scene, you're out of luck. There's some mods that increase and optimize gameplay when running around in school, but if you suffer that kind of FPS even in an h-scene, then that's bad news.
Worst performance shows when running around indeed, where should I look to? To find those mods? I also forgot to mention that it took me minutes to load school location for some reason. It looks like devs didn't use engine properly.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Aug 2, 2017
Worst performance shows when running around indeed, where should I look to? To find those mods?
look here for mods and plugins that say that they increase performance, also when you got the game and the DLC installed, download this patcher and run it before applying the performance plugins etc.

That patcher takes care of everything for you and installs the stuff needed to run performance enhancing plugins.

Be advised, when running the patcher installer, there will be a screen where you can select what you want to install. Be sure to uncheck the "force high poly mode" box, as that wouldn't be helpful for your problem.

That patcher also installs a plugin that allows you to make advanced graphical adjustments in the game to perhaps increase performance.

But like the guy above me said, a good tip is to not run too many students in your classes when you got performance issues.

truegamer71

Jun 4, 2019
okey doke. A few questions. Are Koikatsu! and Koikatsu Party different? What is a repack and how does it affect the game?

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
look here for mods and plugins that say that they increase performance, also when you got the game and the DLC installed, download this patcher and run it before applying the performance plugins etc.

That patcher takes care of everything for you and installs the stuff needed to run performance enhancing plugins.

Be advised, when running the patcher installer, there will be a screen where you can select what you want to install. Be sure to uncheck the "force high poly mode" box, as that wouldn't be helpful for your problem.

That patcher also installs a plugin that allows you to make advanced graphical adjustments in the game to perhaps increase performance.

But like the guy above me said, a good tip is to not run too many students in your classes when you got performance issues.
Thanks for tips, friendly pirate pal! I hope it wouldn't take me degree and whole day to install every mod I need. Like it was with AA2 and CM3D2.

gladiator9923

May 7, 2017
View attachment 120247

Overview:
Koikatu! (コイカツ! or Koikatsu!) is 2D Cellshaded character creator eroge by Illusion. You play as a lonely boy who just got transferred to an all-girls-only school with the purpose of.. getting them accustomed to the other male classmates. Roam around the map, peep on girls if you have the opportunity, talk to them to gain their favour and trigger "events" that will unfold their stories. There are "named" heroines with a preset backstory and player-created characters with plenty (30) of personality types to choose from.​

Release Date: 2019-07-13
Thread Updated: 2019-06-23
Original Title: コイカツ!
Alias Title: Koikatsu!
Developer/Publisher: - Repack: Discord Community : - HGames Wiki:
Censorship
: Yes
Version: 8
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Repack content:

Useful Resources:

DOWNLOAD
WIN (64bit ONLY): - -

Others:
Koikatsu Party
Thanks to screwthisnoise on Hongfire for making this repack and sharing it. And obviously, with all of the modders who made the mods for free.

View attachment 120250 View attachment 120251 View attachment 120252 View attachment 120253 View attachment 120255 View attachment 120256
mega link pls

Quetzalcoatl

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for tips, friendly pirate pal! I hope it wouldn't take me degree and whole day to install every mod I need. Like it was with AA2 and CM3D2.
nope, that patcher is almost 3gb big, it has close to every mod you'll ever need, clothes, body mods, poses, gameplay improvements, wider sliders, more body morph options etc. With that installed you can use any of the thousands of cards available online without any issues (most of the time)

I recommend going to sites like or to browse for girls made by other talented people, some are fantastically made.

Reactions: zoneitorboneit

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
okey doke. A few questions. Are Koikatsu! and Koikatsu Party different? What is a repack and how does it affect the game?
I didn't play much, but my guess would be that Party is DLC that just adds few characters/events. Repack means that game is presented to you in such way that you don't need to install it, just unzip it and its ready to go. Repacks also usually include latest patches so you don't have to patch game yourself.

Reactions: truegamer71

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
The game is a basic version and a set of mods. Since not all mods are compatible with each other, and there is a need to use them, some areas of the game were separated.
Koikatsu is a basic game with maximum capabilities. All major features included.
The Koikatsu Party is a separate area where the emphasis is on the party. (extended features party)
There are other options for individual areas. eg Emotion Creators
Description of all the games are on the developer's site

If you take this topic, then in OP now is the last actual repack 8 with the main game Koikatsu author ScrewThisNoise (#3,147 )

There is a separate build Emotion Creators #3,274 ScrewThisNoise

There is a separate build Koikatu Party BetterRepack R1 #3,134 ScrewThisNoise

This is how the repack author (ScrewThisNoise) answered the question. "sorry to ask but, whats the different between normal koikatsu and this (Koikatu Party BetterRepack)? and thanks for the repack =u= "

ScrewThisNoise:
"This is a modpack for the steam release of Koikatsu, and does NOT include the base game, so it requires you to buy the steam game. The steam game misses some features only found in the Japanese version (studio, VR, summer expansion and afterschool), this pack restores all that and has pretty much all mods that supports party.

The Japanese version, the normal Koikatsu, is still the better option if you’re gonna keep with one, but I’d like to stress this: Do buy the steam release if you’re using the Japanese version even, unless you’ve already bought the JP version that is. It’s important to support the creators in one way or another, and supporting the steam version might entice them to release future titles with proper translation faster".

You can also find repacks of other authors.

If there is a question what is repack and ordinary game. That answer lies in the update method.
The repack version assumes that the game is completely updated by the repack author. The user should only download, unpack and play. if changes are required, the next repack will be released.
A regular game assumes that the user does all the updates himself. This requires knowledge of how to properly update the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingbw

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
Ooof, this torrent is going by insanely slow for me. Google Drive link it is, though that will also be slow. EDIT: Google Drive is a no go, too many people used it apparently. "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator. "

I should move out of the sticks at some point in my life.

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
How do I use the community character folders to fill my class? I seem to be able to see the character folders ingame, but cant use it in any way. So I just click fill Empty and get the same characters repeated : (

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Ooof, this torrent is going by insanely slow for me. Google Drive link it is, though that will also be slow. EDIT: Google Drive is a no go, too many people used it apparently. "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator. "

I should move out of the sticks at some point in my life.
You have some problems with the Internet.
Links work fine. Torrent downloads maximum of 15-20 minutes.
For mega you need an application (MEGAsync) to download files more than 1 GB

Can someone add a mega link? please!
No one will use mega for files of several gigabytes. The main game 13.3 GB

How do I use the community character folders to fill my class? I seem to be able to see the character folders ingame, but cant use it in any way. So I just click fill Empty and get the same characters repeated : (
It is necessary that the number of cards be equal to or more available places in the class. If you have less cards than places in the class, then when choosing to fill all will be repeated.
You can also fill in the class manually (download each student by yourself)

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
Come on guys, don't give him wrong answers. If you don't know the answer just don't say anything.

Ok, my dear truegamer71, here's the correct answer.
Koikatsu Party is the official english release, it's available on Steam but has alot content removed. That content can be restored with an official patch by Illusion, the creators of the game. Without the patch it's just a glory holed uhm... glorified character creator, all the story and gameplay content was removed because of the whole school setting thing. You can still use the free-h but again most maps for that are removed. It is also still censored but the latest community patch, known as HF patch, should be compatible with that version and will remove censorship and add compatible mods.

A repack is usually just what it says on the tin to reduce file size. The repack of Koikatsu offered here however is a little different. It's a "unpack & play" version with most of the existing mods and plugins already added to the game. So if you wanna try the game I suggest downloading the repack because you don't need to install anything and you won't have to worry about any mods being incompatible or not working or something like that. Just download, unpack and play.

The Yeetster

Sep 16, 2018
You have some problems with the Internet.
Links work fine. Torrent downloads maximum of 15-20 minutes.
For mega you need an application (MEGAsync) to download files more than 1 GB

No one will use mega for files of several gigabytes. The main game 13.3 GB

It is necessary that the number of cards be equal to or more available places in the class. If you have less cards than places in the class, then when choosing to fill all will be repeated.
You can also fill in the class manually (download each student by yourself)
Yeah my internet is good but i also need a vpn in order to download, but its hovering from 30 mins to 5 hours constantly, i think its happening with alot of people, also after it gets a GB or 2 it just cancels and fails

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes