w123t4

May 26, 2019
RIP, no more next generation engine and model for the game who based on hs and koikatsu, hope the mods can still keep the engine alive or the developers may start to change to use other engines.:cry:

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
RIP, no more next generation engine and model for the game who based on hs and koikatsu, hope the mods can still keep the engine alive or the developers may start to change to use other engines.:cry:
All development of Koikatsu in the last years was made solely by modders, not by Illusion themselves. So what should change now?

Loktahar

Aug 21, 2017
They were probably not making money or had made enough money and the dev team was getting old so they want to retire. They are a small company from what I have heard so kinda like a bunch of old friends who got started and now want to retire with the money.

They just celebrated their 30th anniversary this year and closed shop too, feels like the founder and the company got together and decided on it to end rather than any outside force making it so. They probably also discussed if anyone in their company wanted to carry on after the old guard left and had no one to take the reigns so they felt like might be better to pull the plug.

They at least went out with a legacy and dignity, can't say that for the western devs as these bastards do things that should burn their company to the ground but they still make money through predetory methods.

People say their games cost money yeah they do but at least you can buy one and get the full game with some dlc down the line. I am sure the people complaining that their games are expensive spend much more moeny on micro transactions buggy incomplete games in western devs and studios, I know I certainly do.

Sexy Beach Premium Resort was my first ever any eroge game and what got me into this whole rabbit hole now.

Queen_Nothing

Dec 22, 2021
They were probably not making money or had made enough money and the dev team was getting old so they want to retire. They are a small company from what I have heard so kinda like a bunch of old friends who got started and now want to retire with the money.

They just celebrated their 30th anniversary this year and closed shop too, feels like the founder and the company got together and decided on it to end rather than any outside force making it so. They probably also discussed if anyone in their company wanted to carry on after the old guard left and had no one to take the reigns so they felt like might be better to pull the plug.

They at least went out with a legacy and dignity, can't say that for the western devs as these bastards do things that should burn their company to the ground but they still make money through predetory methods.

People say their games cost money yeah they do but at least you can buy one and get the full game with some dlc down the line. I am sure the people complaining that their games are expensive spend much more moeny on micro transactions buggy incomplete games in western devs and studios, I know I certainly do.

Sexy Beach Premium Resort was my first ever any eroge game and what got me into this whole rabbit hole now.
Yeah, seems like a nice and dignified way to step out. I only hope they do something with the ownership of the engine and/or name Koikatsu. Pass it on so somebody else can keep making new and better versions down the line, or release it to the community.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
The saddest this is...no Artificial Academy 3. :cry:
18/8 I will be in mourning.
Thanks Illusion, truly.
Are you sure?
Illusion was founded in 2001.

Last edited:

Neriman

Sep 23, 2017
The saddest this is...no Artificial Academy 3. :cry:
18/8 I will be in mourning.
Thanks Illusion, truly.

Are you sure?
Illusion was founded in 2001.
The japanese wikipedia page says their first game was released in 1993 "エンジェルアーミー"

Reactions: xRoguex

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
The japanese wikipedia page says their first game was released in 1993 "エンジェルアーミー"
Ok after digging a bit into it (1 hour) the answer is yes, their first game is Angel Army in 1993...and I tried to find a copy online. :sneaky:
There should be a reason if most of the fonts say it was founded on 21 April 2001.
I suppose they founded the company in 2001, but they started as a group in 1993.

bssbn

Jul 13, 2020
Quick question, hoping somebody here can answer.
When selecting new clothing for, what I suppose, are heavily modded characters or outfits sometimes body parts disappear. How do I fix this? I'm currently trying to create Miss Martian's slut outfit from Something Unlimited using Mr Delgado's Miss Martian card.
But whenever I remove her top/give her another one, her breasts, shoulders and neck just vanish. This doesn't happen when she's just nude. Any help is much appreciated.

View attachment 2765128

View attachment 2765130
That might be the textures with the clothing try checking or unchecking a few boxes in the top or bra menu

Reactions: Phenix0800

bssbn

Jul 13, 2020
Im playing the story mode and one of the story teachers just suddenly doesnt have a name which I cant edit with kplug or cheat tools. It probably is a corrupted save file but I dont want to start from the very beggining

Phenix0800

May 15, 2018
That might be the textures with the clothing try checking or unchecking a few boxes in the top or bra menu
Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out later when I get home. I will post if it worked or not so others having the same problem might stumble upon it later on.

EDIT: That was exactly it. I was somehow stupid enough to not notice the "Hide base texture" boxes had been checked. Really appreciate you pointing it out!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023
Hi, I wondering if there exist like a list of dialogue (interaction, h scene, idle) of each personality including teachers. The game is great but I found that I had not explored fully the full potential that it offer.

But to test it out would be time consuming or I might loss some hidden gems as in the dialogue h scene that differ for each action ( speed, etc) taken as well the specific condition of female ( dangerous day, prefer or not prefer, rejection, acception, on/off condom, virgin/ inexperienced/ experience/ naughty ).

I personally like teachers character but find it hard to identify which is their dialogue or how to trigger the special dialogue of interaction between teacher and student. So far I know there is 2 place that make teacher force h on u, is there any other places?

Back my first paragraph, do we have some way or there exist file that organising the dialogue for reference?

palamito

Aug 28, 2019
Bad news about this game and company:

I don't know if it's due to bankruptcy or due to the development of AI Art, in any case Illusion will close on August 18th. It will end 30 years of a company that has delighted us not only with its H-games in Japan, but also the rest of the world.

Thank you and goodbye Staff Illusion.
PS: if you find more news on this topic, please link thanks.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
better start thinking about backups, most likely money oriented creators will shut down everything as soon they find an alternative platform... except for patreon, they will keep it up forever with a bot texting: "sorry for the delay, new content up next week" every month.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Bad news about this game and company:

I don't know if it's due to bankruptcy or due to the development of AI Art, in any case Illusion will close on August 18th. It will end 30 years of a company that has delighted us not only with its H-games in Japan, but also the rest of the world.

Thank you and goodbye Staff Illusion.
PS: if you find more news on this topic, please link thanks.
From what I have heard, piracy has been blamed as the cause. The reality is they've been making games with a degrading gameplay aspect ever since they finished Artificial Academy 2, the customer base they listened to that wanted the customization focus was simply not enough to sustain them anymore and they just didn't move back toward gameplay enough to satisfy the rest of the players.

better start thinking about backups, most likely money oriented creators will shut down everything as soon they find an alternative platform... except for patreon, they will keep it up forever with a bot texting: "sorry for the delay, new content up next week" every month.
The programs aren't going to just stop working, that would require a kill switch like newer versions of Flash had, which game companies don't typically implement and Illusion would have used on us already if it existed. Unless there is a legal battle with a buyer of the rights, which assumes that there is even going to be someone buying the rights that is willing to go after cases with little benefit, games using the assets made in the studio will be unaffected.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
From what I have heard, piracy has been blamed as the cause. The reality is they've been making games with a degrading gameplay aspect ever since they finished Artificial Academy 2, the customer base they listened to that wanted the customization focus was simply not enough to sustain them anymore and they just didn't move back toward gameplay enough to satisfy the rest of the players.
agree 100% + in the end their aggressive policy towards competition backfired leaving them like a whale in a pond... kind of remind me something going on these days ...:KappaPride:...

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes