JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Aggressive policy toward competition?
yep.. there was a discussion 1 y. ago or so and it was largely debated on hongfire before it went to oblivion.
It doesn't really matter anymore, let's just hope this will make room for new companies and ideas to embrace the heritage

cinnamonchan

Jul 16, 2023
Does anyone know where I can find Hanami or Lazy Melon's scenes? Is their a torrent or maybe a mega folder with paywalled scenes? The kemono party pages for them are broken. (I'm new so sorry of this is a bad question, I know on /h/ they frown on begging).

ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
From what I have heard, piracy has been blamed as the cause. The reality is they've been making games with a degrading gameplay aspect ever since they finished Artificial Academy 2, the customer base they listened to that wanted the customization focus was simply not enough to sustain them anymore and they just didn't move back toward gameplay enough to satisfy the rest of the players.
Hit the nail on the head.
They could've had the world if they decided to make AA3. Instead they released Honey Select and Koikatsu eight times over the span of nine years.
I loved Illusion but their recent decisions are what ruined them. Not gonna say good riddance but they deserved it for not being able to read the writing on the wall.
I just hope someone can fill the void that they're gonna leave in the market. So long AAA eroge.

Auin

Aug 20, 2019
Hello, asking for help. For some reasons some parts of grils clothing entirely white or just don't laod fully, how can I fix it?

Anonnt

Nov 14, 2021
Bad news about this game and company:

I don't know if it's due to bankruptcy or due to the development of AI Art, in any case Illusion will close on August 18th. It will end 30 years of a company that has delighted us not only with its H-games in Japan, but also the rest of the world.

Thank you and goodbye Staff Illusion.
PS: if you find more news on this topic, please link thanks.
RIP Illusion, thank you for everything you brought into this world :cry:

RIP.png

DOLLX23

Jan 4, 2023
Bad news about this game and company:

I don't know if it's due to bankruptcy or due to the development of AI Art, in any case Illusion will close on August 18th. It will end 30 years of a company that has delighted us not only with its H-games in Japan, but also the rest of the world.

Thank you and goodbye Staff Illusion.
PS: if you find more news on this topic, please link thanks.
They left behind Koikatu which will continue to thrive and be popular with many hentai writers. And so they will not be forgotten.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
yep.. there was a discussion 1 y. ago or so and it was largely debated on hongfire before it went to oblivion.
It doesn't really matter anymore, let's just hope this will make room for new companies and ideas to embrace the heritage
It won't, Illusion was the only one to even really try to be innovative with their design and that stopped in favor of customization a long time ago. The others were usually just running the same formula because it worked. Illusion did not learn that lesson with AA2 and it cost them in terms of game design.

Hit the nail on the head.
They could've had the world if they decided to make AA3. Instead they released Honey Select and Koikatsu eight times over the span of nine years.
I loved Illusion but their recent decisions are what ruined them. Not gonna say good riddance but they deserved it for not being able to read the writing on the wall.
I just hope someone can fill the void that they're gonna leave in the market. So long AAA eroge.
Indeed, AA3 would see them still actively planning a new game today. It wasn't that they couldn't read the writing on the wall, it's that they refused. They knew we exist, they knew that there were actual customers that wanted a gameplay focus that were probably drawn in by AA2, but they listened to the vocal side of the customers. As we in the west know all too well, being loud does not mean someone has a majority, it just means they are able to get over the actual majority. However, when it comes to revenue, being loud means nothing, it's the majority that counts. A vocal minority that is paying for one thing isn't going to overcome a silent majority that isn't paying for what they are looking for and not getting.

May 26, 2022
View attachment 120247

Overview:
Koikatu! (コイカツ! or Koikatsu!) is 2D Cellshaded character creator eroge by Illusion. You play as a lonely boy who just got transferred to an all-girls-only school with the purpose of.. getting them accustomed to the other male classmates. Roam around the map, peep on girls if you have the opportunity, talk to them to gain their favour and trigger "events" that will unfold their stories. There are "named" heroines with a preset backstory and player-created characters with plenty (30) of personality types to choose from.

NOTE: This thread is about the game and is NOT for asset sharing

Thread Updated: 2022-12-01
Release Date: 2022-11-26
Original Title: コイカツ!
Aliases: Koikatsu!
Developer: Illusion
Repacker: ScrewThisNoise - - - - @ScrewThisNoise
Community: -
Censored: No (Modded)
Version: RX16
Language: English
Other games: Koikatsu Sunshine
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Useful Resources:
DOWNLOAD
All-In-One: MEGA - -

Others: Koikatsu Party

Thanks to @ScrewThisNoise for making this repack and sharing it and all of the modders who made the mods for free.

View attachment 120250 View attachment 120251 View attachment 120252 View attachment 120253 View attachment 120255 View attachment 120256
the game works fine BUT WHEN I CLOSE it i WON'T SAVE WHAT CAN I DO
:'( i have to downland all over again :'((((((

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
If Illusion is exploding, does that mean they wave the ability to hold onto the IP? Does that mean most models that exist now are pretty much public domain now?

ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
Indeed, AA3 would see them still actively planning a new game today. It wasn't that they couldn't read the writing on the wall, it's that they refused. They knew we exist, they knew that there were actual customers that wanted a gameplay focus that were probably drawn in by AA2, but they listened to the vocal side of the customers. As we in the west know all too well, being loud does not mean someone has a majority, it just means they are able to get over the actual majority. However, when it comes to revenue, being loud means nothing, it's the majority that counts. A vocal minority that is paying for one thing isn't going to overcome a silent majority that isn't paying for what they are looking for and not getting.
Absolutely agree.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If Illusion is exploding, does that mean they wave the ability to hold onto the IP? Does that mean most models that exist now are pretty much public domain now?
Yes and no, they will hold onto it until they shut down on their last day, so it could go into the abandonware pile with every other game that has no copyright holder. However, until that day comes, as long as Illusion is still around, they have the ability to sell the IP to another company and that could end badly for game developers that use Koikatsu depending on who they sell to.

Also, no, at no point do the assets become public domain unless the game goes without a buyer for the IP. In order to become public domain this close to when the game came out, it would have to not be bought before its current copyright holder, Illusion, ceases to exist. It becomes public domain pretty much automatically once there is no copyright holder, though.

DawgInMe

Jun 3, 2018
yo guys which koikatsu game should i download, what's the best one with the best animations, can anyone link a repack with the latest version?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
yo guys which koikatsu game should i download, what's the best one with the best animations, can anyone link a repack with the latest version?
Which is best is an extremely subjective question in this case. The only real differences are a bit better shading on Sunshine, a different interaction system on Sunshine, and a different place the game is set in on Sunshine. Where the real differences are at is in the studio, which is what game developers use for making images to use in their Koikatsu-based games.

AugustValkyrie

Jan 28, 2023
I've downloaded the game twice now to make sure I didn't have a bad download.
But still, when I get the ini launcher up its fine but after I click play, the game doesn't even appear to open I just get a crash notification.

Yes I used the included bat, everything is in C: a folder in my documents.
Error as follows in the log.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.6.2f1_a2913c821e27]

Koikatu.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Koikatu.exe at 0033:ec0116c7.

Error occurred at 2023-07-18_105004.
C:\Users\redacted\Documents\[ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX16\gmae\Koikatu.exe, run by redacted.
18% memory in use.
32701 MB physical memory [26792 MB free].
37565 MB paging file [29902 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213072 MB free].
Read from location 0000000e caused an access violation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to play this game considering you won't be able to buy it anymore.

If any of you think buying the steam version and patching will yield a working game I may just have to do that before it's gone forever.

UPDATE:

After a couple more hours of trying things, I found my self on Betterrepacks discord help channel. You can get a link from the official website. I posted my error report to the bot and it actually was very helpful. I've seen a couple people in here with the same sounding problems and never getting a reply so hopefully this is it for you, or at least a similar fix specific to a program you may be using.

Turns out my wife's virtual desktop (Citrix Workspace) is stopping my graphics card from booting up for the game, seems to be specific to this game and Unity, I had no problems with HS2, Koikatsu Sunshine, and AI. I had to go into device manager and disable Citrix bus enumerator to get the game to launch.

Hopefully this is helpful to some of you!

Last edited:
Reactions: bssbn

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I have another question: I downloaded the Better Repack and I see that there are already a lot of character cards. The problem is, however, that the majority of them doesn't load up correctly because I'm sure that probably many external mods used for creating those character, aren't exactly inside the repack. So.. what's the solution here? Or am I missing something?

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes