Keenan69

Oct 20, 2018
Some additional information on this issue.

You can submit the two files to Avast on their website and report a false positive. They will do a complete analysis on the files (not just look for matching signatures) and update their whitelist for you.
That's pretty much what I assumed to be honest and I think it's important to have these FAQ's come up within the thread every time this happens. If you where not the direct developer of the game I'd even assume that there's a possibility for an actual virus, same thing by the way if this wasn't a project that's been in development for over a year.
Oh and just as a TLDR for people not wanting to read that link themselves : The game posted by the Developer themselves is unlikely to contain a Virus given how this would harm the bottomline of the Developer themselves who is not just making more money with Patreon and Subscribestar but also therefor financially attackable if the Authorities where to investigate them for spreading a virus. So it's pretty much guaranteed to be a false positive from the Antivirus misinterpreting the code.

Anyway just FYI my original post here was to point out that Avast also did flag that game with a Virus, personally I usually just wait until the next version or a couple of days until I try downloading again and see wether the AV still flags the game or not. And honestly if I'd checked before that I downloaded from a link posted by the developer themself and not just some moderator/fan uploading it, I wouldn't even have posted here...

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Just added latest update.

You can now change Hestia's outfit. By special request, here's the strap-on she uses to get the girls ready for Kronos.

The Thief can now be captured, and a bunch of clothes added.

See full changelog for details.

hesta_strap-on.jpg

Reactions: AdamJohn36

fuyou

Sep 24, 2020
one thing i dont get, why is it that Antivirus says that the game has a Trojan if you clame it has not, so your game has some kind of data transfer in it. Its just me but i think that is a bad thing

Reactions: legrosours

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
one thing i dont get, why is it that Antivirus says that the game has a Trojan if you clame it has not, so your game has some kind of data transfer in it. Its just me but i think that is a bad thing
The "data transfer," as you put it, is for Patreon supporters so they can update the game from the launcher without having to download the entire zip archive every time there is a new update.

View attachment 939599
Really? Keylogging? Good luck getting that white listed with Microsoft. And yes, I trust Avast Premium over your word
Genuinely curious question here, because I'm baffled: what information do you think I would get from logging keystrokes while you play my game, especially when it is almost entirely mouse-driven. I mean, the log would literally be a bunch of spaces and maybe the arrow keys when moving through the time selection menu, if that.

I get that some of you guys are overly paranoid about viruses, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around the purpose of logging the keystrokes in a game. And if you're talking about getting bank information or something, why are you paying your Capital One bill at the same time you're playing games you download off the internet?

Just disable your internet while you play, or don't play. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me, but the level of paranoia for a game that has been on Patreon for well over a year without a single reported incident of infection or fraud is just unreal to me.

By the way, Microsoft Defender already has the game whitelisted, but the last time there was a false positive they did a robust scan and reported the game as safe. Thanks.

1607827458073.png

shiite

Oct 30, 2016
I am trying to play Kronos Time Titan in Wine,
but every time I press the "travel" button I find
myself in "beginning of time", the same place.
Is it broken, or it's me doing something wrong?

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I am trying to play Kronos Time Titan in Wine,
but every time I press the "travel" button I find
myself in "beginning of time", the same place.
Is it broken, or it's me doing something wrong?
You should see the time selection menu where you can select a different time period to jump to.

Aug 13, 2017
is the game working correctly now? last upload when I killed the first wolf in battle and had to go back out to get coin to buy a slave the only enemy which would show was the already dead wolf worse it followed through to other time slots so if the encounter was a girl the dead wolf was the only thing showing up

Bluetint

Jun 26, 2017
By the way, Microsoft Defender already has the game whitelisted, but the last time there was a false positive they did a robust scan and reported the game as safe. Thanks.

View attachment 939734
Hi Scarlett, First time trying your game, and as per the FAQ, you wanted us to report if Defender is detecting any of the files as a threat. Currently my Defender is detecting, the KronosTimeTitan.exe as a Trojan. Hope this helps.

1607839982987.png

DaveHoff

Aug 7, 2018
I noticed level 4 supporter is on your patreon but not on your subscribe star is there any benefits patreon gets over subscribe star? Looking to support but I don't want to miss any good benefits.

Reactions: scarlettyoung

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
is the game working correctly now? last upload when I killed the first wolf in battle and had to go back out to get coin to buy a slave the only enemy which would show was the already dead wolf worse it followed through to other time slots so if the encounter was a girl the dead wolf was the only thing showing up
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. If you encounter it again, could you send me a screenshot, or better yet, a video, and I can get it fixed for you.

Hi Scarlett, First time trying your game, and as per the FAQ, you wanted us to report if Defender is detecting any of the files as a threat. Currently my Defender is detecting, the KronosTimeTitan.exe as a Trojan. Hope this helps.
Yes, that is very helpful, as MS asks me what virus definition is getting flagged and I was unable to recreate it on my computer (maybe you have different virus definitions?). I've submitted the file to MS and will let you know when their definitions have been updated. Weird that this file is getting flagged as it wasn't changed in the latest update while ktt.exe was.

I noticed level 4 supporter is on your patreon but not on your subscribe star is there any benefits patreon gets over subscribe star? Looking to support but I don't want to miss any good benefits.
Ah, thank you for catching that. I hadn't realized I didn't add the Level 4 option to SubscribeStar. Their system is not nearly as robust as Patreon, and I don't have many supporters on it, so I tend to spend less time on it. SS supporters get the same benefits, and use the same game launcher. The main difference is SS takes a larger cut of the support, and they don't automatically send your information to the game login server when someone pledges, so I have to manually add accounts whenever I have a new subscriber on SS.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
When I press the "travel" button, I travel to the beginning of time
instantly
This definitely sounds like a bug. It should only send you to the Beginning of Time map the first time you play. After that, any time you click Travel it should open the Time Periods menu. What happens if you click on Kronos from the Strategic Map (like during a battle) and choose Powers then Travel?

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Microsoft completed extensive scan to determine the launcher is safe and have whitelisted it. Thank you for letting me know.

1607888378204.png

Reactions: AdamJohn36
2.60 star(s) 71 Votes