ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
I thought Chronos was the personification of time, which would be an entity. Perhaps I'm getting the semantics wrong here?

According to Greek mythology, there was a golden age under Kronos' rule and the festival Kronia celebrated this during wheat harvest, which explains the scythe/sickle. I have never heard of him being connected with the passing of time or anything like that before.
What is Greek mythology? It’s not something you can cite as a source; you need a book *about* Greek mythology. “According to Greek mythology” doesn’t make sense. The more scholarly sources typically include all kinds of variant information: X deity was worshipped for brides in one region and by expectant mothers in another; Dionysus, in the earliest sources, was a minor figure, a god for winemakers, but as centuries passed, he became aa representative of all kinds of wildness waiting to overthrow civilization. So, should Greek mythology say Dionysos was worshipped by vintners, or worshipped by everyone looking to party? A mythology is full of contradictory stories and representations. A deity may be male in some parts of the continent and female in others. These story structures weren’t laid out in advance by some Dungeon Master; they were spontaneously generated by hundreds of thousands of people within a culture; they don’t follow rules.

• Red Heart
Reactions: scarlettyoung

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
i do no want to be rude but i think you play the game not right, wolves do not drop the knif , you get it from the thief in the second timeline (dark haired woman) or from the rabbits wich spawn inin the second salem timelline when you go to the white house. there are two virgisn one in the firts and one in the second time line. the one from the firts time line is aclled artemis, the quest is to find the man, kill him bit he will ran way then go to artemis agin he wil try to rape her but you will stop him after the quest you unlock the time travel skill (which can be used to travel through the time lines). the second one is called zoe which is locate din a village you can buy hert from her master for 400, then go to stone building on the top right with zeo, now you can unlock your time accelaret skill which is needed to go further. the game itself has no questlog like in other games where every step is explained or tracked. most of the times you randomly step forther in the quest. to go further in this game you have to have time on your hand and teh will to explore verything. there is no guidance yet
got it! tyvm again! fucked the virgin and the running one, killing thieves now but still no knife after twentish thieves.. is that normal or doing it wrong again?

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
got it! tyvm again! fucked the virgin and the running one, killing thieves now but still no knife after twentish thieves.. is that normal or doing it wrong again?
Sorry you're having so much trouble with the knife. For the next update I'll add it so one of the merchants will sell you a knife in case you can't get one from the Thief or Raving Rabbits.

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
Also the raving rabbits in the Salem 1969 quest have a 1/5 or something drop chance, but there's a bunch of them. Usually doing the quest once gave me the knife.

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
Also the raving rabbits in the Salem 1969 quest have a 1/5 or something drop chance, but there's a bunch of them. Usually doing the quest once gave me the knife.
got it in the 4th rabbit quest time.. didnt know the drop ratio was 10000 times better than the thief..

Reactions: Skalli

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
Sorry you're having so much trouble with the knife. For the next update I'll add it so one of the merchants will sell you a knife in case you can't get one from the Thief or Raving Rabbits.
alright, ty, game shouldn't be based on restarting timelines though, unless you clearly specify this at the very begining.. and right now everything in it - healing, getting items, gaining experience, even progress - are entirely based on restarting timelines.. and the help files do not tell you this. also those girls at the castle - what is their progress based on? zero indication.. will they progress at all or only change clothes? they have zero options in the "conversations" - will this ever change?

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
alright, ty, game shouldn't be based on restarting timelines though, unless you clearly specify this at the very begining.. and right now everything in it - healing, getting items, gaining experience, even progress - are entirely based on restarting timelines.. and the help files do not tell you this. also those girls at the castle - what is their progress based on? zero indication.. will they progress at all or only change clothes? they have zero options in the "conversations" - will this ever change?
you really should read the dev's website, - - - the game si called kronos time titan and o the guide it tells you that this game is based on changing time and timelines it is even in the title of the game, and at the moment the game is and very early state i would say still in alpha version state, everything you named will be added later in the game. this game is about manipulating time and timelines. the future plans of the game can also be found the dev's website which you find in the OP. the thing is everything you named so far regarding questions and status of the gam ecan either be found here in the thread or on the dev's website. this game does not spoon feed you. basically you have to enjoy exploring the game not read a walkrough and hope for some adult content like in other games. the dev made this game from scratch which means it will have more bugs as other games, the dev also mentioned in this thread that this game will be very sandbox heavy with focus on manipulating time and exploring everything to get further so no easy way in getting scenes to just fap one out and be done. either you enjoy the complete game or you can just delete this games as it will never be an visual novel were the story is told to you and you have a guiding hand which walks you through the game

Reactions: peter bamforth

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
you really should read the dev's website, - - - the game si called kronos time titan and o the guide it tells you that this game is based on changing time and timelines it is even in the title of the game,
man, ty for all your help but this is not what i mean..

.... everything you named will be added later in the game.
cool! :)

..this game is about manipulating time and timelines.
yes, the game states that we change timelines, this means traveling through timelines, not exploiting a time line by resetting it - these are two completely different things..

...either you enjoy the complete game or you can just delete this games as it will never be an visual novel were the story is told to you and you have a guiding hand which walks you through the game
this game had a milion updates so far and might be my mistake that i tried to play it if it's in so early state, and as you can see i have been trying. so don't blame me for not trying. everything i say are suggestions on how to make it better - you can't have 2 random thiefs in the game with 0.000% drop-rate of a required to continue item, clearly counting on resetting/exploiting the game and tell me thats normal, or early stage or whatever.. let me ask you - what you do if you do NOT reset the timeline? nothing. and like i said earlier - nowhere it says that your questslines do not reset. a reset means everything resets - in english. AAAND, if you gotto be honest - even you are still not sure what would reset and what not, because some questlines do reset.

but like i also said earlier - i don't mind resetting it - just i hate exploits and if this resetting is not clearly stated at the begining of the game as a number one thing to do here i would not do it.

Last edited:

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
man, ty for all your help but this is not what i mean..

cool! :)

yes, the game states that we change timelines, this means traveling through timelines, not exploiting a time line by resetting it - these are two completely different things..

this game had a milion updates so far and might be my mistake that i tried to play it if it's in so early state, and as you can see i have been trying. so don't blame me for not trying. everything i say are suggestions on how to make it better - you can't have 2 random thiefs in the game with 0.000% drop-rate of a required to continue item, clearly counting on resetting/exploiting the game and tell me thats normal, or early stage or whatever..

but like i said earlier - i don't mind resetting it - just i hate exploits and if this resetting is not clearly stated at the begining of the game as a number one thing to do here i would not do it.
basically if the dev used a game engine like unity, unreal engine, rennpy etc you would not have these problems but the dev decided to make verthing by him/her self which is really imressive. and if you wnat to change the mgames mechanics like drop reates, bugs, or other sugesstion you shoud use thet discord link in the op to directly talk to the dev. nobody is perfect but i can see that the dev is trying. tthis forum is great for question howe to play the game not how to make it or how the future plans of the game. these kind of things will be talked on discords most of teh time or on aptreon with polls and most of the time you have to be a paying member to make game suggestions

Last edited:

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
yes, was editing, didnt know cntrl+enter posts it, sorry..
i edited mine to, but in short for bugs use the discord link. for game suggestions maybe use the link too but to be failsafe you could just pay for the game then your suggestion will definitly be heard

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
basically if the dev used a game engine like unity, unreal engine, rennpy etc you would not have these problems but the dev decided to make verthing by him/her self which is really imressive. and if you wnat to change the mgames mechanics like drop reates, bugs, or other sugesstion you shoud use thet discord link in the op to directly talk to the dev. nobody is perfect but i can see that the dev is trying. tthis forum is great for question howe to play the game not how to make it or how the future plans of the game. these kind of things will be talked on discords most of teh time or on aptreon with polls and most of the time you have to be a paying member to make game suggestions
eitherway - i thought i was both asking and suggestiong, what's the harm there.. help and suggestions, i don't see the need to use eleven different platforms to do so, nut ok - no more suggestions here.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
eitherway - i thought i was both asking and suggestiong, what's the harm there.. help and suggestions, i don't see the need to use eleven different platforms to do so, nut ok - no more suggestions here.
the thing is you can pots it here, tehre is no rule against it but the most effective way would be th options i named. dev's usaaly show up here to announce a ne wuodate or if major bugs occure. the posts here would reach mire the users on here that play games and not the actual dev's behind the games. you can post it here as i said but likely you will just here that some users find our post really good or eally bad but rarely the dev's on here will get into suggestions on here. so if you wnat the suggestion to really happen at somepint reach out to the dev in an other way. the most say what a game contains ornot are the patreons financing it, as it always with every product

Corypheus

Mar 5, 2018
What is Greek mythology? It’s not something you can cite as a source; you need a book *about* Greek mythology. “According to Greek mythology” doesn’t make sense. The more scholarly sources typically include all kinds of variant information: X deity was worshipped for brides in one region and by expectant mothers in another; Dionysus, in the earliest sources, was a minor figure, a god for winemakers, but as centuries passed, he became aa representative of all kinds of wildness waiting to overthrow civilization. So, should Greek mythology say Dionysos was worshipped by vintners, or worshipped by everyone looking to party? A mythology is full of contradictory stories and representations. A deity may be male in some parts of the continent and female in others. These story structures weren’t laid out in advance by some Dungeon Master; they were spontaneously generated by hundreds of thousands of people within a culture; they don’t follow rules.
I said according to Greek mythology because there is no historical record of Kronos ruling over mankind and I very much doubt it ever happened. There is historical record about the festival Kronia, though. In fact, it is the only known record of widespread worship of Kronos. So if you want the source: Kronia.

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I said according to Greek mythology because there is no historical record of Kronos ruling over mankind and I very much doubt it ever happened. There is historical record about the festival Kronia, though. In fact, it is the only known record of widespread worship of Kronos. So if you want the source: Kronia.
Sorry to intervene in a private conversation (well, in the end it is on a public forum on the Internet, so, not very private :)), but maybe additional information... Chronos is indeed the personification of time, but at the same time, there is the myth of the Titan Cronus that would eat his children, till when thanks to their mother hiding them, Zeus and other children killed him.
At the start, the two were separate, but so it happens that in later time, Cronus ended up being identified with Chronos (I personally saw almost always Cronus written as Cronos, and sometime even as Chronos).
At a certain point it became a tradition of seeing the myth of the titan eating his children as an interpretation of time, but in reality, taht is a reading a posteriori deriving from the confusion between the two.
The game takes some elements from Greek mythology, but it is not meant as an academic tome on Greek mythology.

Corypheus

Mar 5, 2018
Sorry to intervene in a private conversation (well, in the end it is on a public forum on the Internet, so, not very private :)), but maybe additional information... Chronos is indeed the personification of time, but at the same time, there is the myth of the Titan Cronus that would eat his children, till when thanks to their mother hiding them, Zeus and other children killed him.
At the start, the two were separate, but so it happens that in later time, Cronus ended up being identified with Chronos (I personally saw almost always Cronus written as Cronos, and sometime even as Chronos).
At a certain point it became a tradition of seeing the myth of the titan eating his children as an interpretation of time, but in reality, taht is a reading a posteriori deriving from the confusion between the two.
The game takes some elements from Greek mythology, but it is not meant as an academic tome on Greek mythology.
No need to apologise for joining a discussion.

Ah, yes, the prophecy. Uranus told Kronos one of his own children would kill him. He became obsessed about it and ate his children to prevent it, but Rhea tricked him into eating a rock instead of Zeus. Zeus then makes Kronos throw up his siblings and with their help, cuts Kronos into pieces and throws them into Tartaros.

You could be right about this being interpreted as some kind of metaphor for the passing of time. I've been trying to look it up but I'm having a hard time finding information about that specifically.

Corypheus

Mar 5, 2018

You guys are right. Just found this in Plutarch's "Isis and Osiris":

32. Such, then, are the possible interpretations which these facts suggest. But now let us begin over again, and consider first the most perspicuous of those who have a reputation for expounding matters more philosophically. These men are like the Greeks who say that Cronus is but a figurative name for Chronus (Time), Hera for Air, and that the birth of Hephaestus symbolizes the change of Air into Fire.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
You guys are right. Just found this in Plutarch's "Isis and Osiris":

32. Such, then, are the possible interpretations which these facts suggest. But now let us begin over again, and consider first the most perspicuous of those who have a reputation for expounding matters more philosophically. These men are like the Greeks who say that Cronus is but a figurative name for Chronus (Time), Hera for Air, and that the birth of Hephaestus symbolizes the change of Air into Fire.
Well, the trick is that time is and was chronos (from which e.g. chronology) or Chronos (as personification), while Cronus is Cronus. Effectively, according to some source I found, it is only in much later period, somehow around renaissance or even after, that the titan became considered as being the same (and written as Cronos, or even Chronos, rather than Cronus) and the myth of the titan eating his kids given a philosophical interpretation as the past eating the future (or other variants).
I did not mention it explicitly, because the source in question was somewhere on the Internet, and the Internet is not forcibly the most reliable information for some things.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Due to Kronos Time Titan being 100% historically accurate and factual, we are working to bring the game to classrooms across the United States as a part of their World History curriculum.
Just the US? (stupid yanks always getting all the good stuff)

2.60 star(s) 71 Votes