5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021

"Hey everyone, first of all, I apologize for not posting the initial preview of this image.

Long story short, I wanted to try something a bit different than the usual pin-up, but in order to make it work, I needed to test something new on the background process to make it work.

This is going to be a 4 - image sequence, with a slightly different camera angle, so I had to make the "last image" background first (since it's the one more zoomed out) and I honestly wasn't sure it was going to work, so I didn't want to post a preview that might not indicate the "final image".

Anyway, with that out of the way, here's the 1st image of the sequence, of Kafka (the current waifu of Honkai Star Rail), which I imagine some of you noticed trending this past week or so lol.

I always love the challenge of making an "anime character" into my style, and I loved the result of this one.

Stay tuned for the next images in a few days! =D"

kafka_final.jpg kafka_final2.jpg kafka_final3.jpg kafka_final4.jpg

Last edited:

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021
New Polls are Up...

I voted for Purah, Urbosa, Lucy, and Panam on the voyeur Poll...
Too many good choices to just pick one^^...

Voted for my DC girls on the Pin-up one...

Who would yall pick...?

Last edited:

reilynn

Jan 16, 2018
For anybody like me downloading for wallpaper use. A TON of the early ones have the base image in a low res (1080p or less) version and then the nsfw/alts are in a hires. Disappointing. I could download the PSD and make them, but I'm converting all these in wallpaper engine and is a big task and trhat's just an extra step I don't want to take. Hopefully the latter images are more consistant.

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021
Here is the Full version of the Kafka Artwork...
Was busy these last couple of days and didn't have a chance to post it...

kafka01d.jpg kafka02d.jpg kafka03c.jpg kafka04d.jpg

kafka_finalA.jpg kafka_finalB.jpg kafka_finalC.jpg kafka_finalD.jpg kafka_finalE.jpg kafka_finalF.jpg kafka_finalG.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krys also put up the Voyeur Preview...

atomeve_voyeur_small.jpg

Hey everyone, here's the initial preview of Atom Eve voyeur coming up this month!

I thought about making something a bit more spicy with her and Mark. I guess it wouldn't her for her to have a more dominant side =D

anyway, hope you guys like it!

Last edited:

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021
iris_maya_comic.jpg

Iris and Maya - Comic version preview
Hey everyone, here's something a bit (very) differentfor this month.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I wanted to make a "comic" version of Iris and Maya so it's easier to move foward with their stories, make those slice of life scenes and all that.

Funny enough, when I initially created Iris, she had a more "drawing like" look to her that was gradually replaced with a more realistic look. To be honest, the original intent when I created Iris was to make her more stylized (similar do Mandy from Dean Yeagle, and other similar comic/sexy characters from 90s magazines), with very expressive eyes and mouth.

But the idea wasn't really "matured enough" back then and I didn't quite know how to pull of what I wanted, so I simply felt back to a style which was more familiar to me, and made Iris more realistic.

Now that Iris and Maya have quite a stablished look, and I'm also much more experienced in painting them, it's something I can actually do now and be happy with the result.

This is a new style for me to work with, so I imagine it will be minor tweaks here and there and their looks will naturally evolve and be refined a little as images are created.

Not gonna lie, it feels really "fresh" to make something that's more of a "simple drawing" and less of the whole production I make for each pin-up/image I create.

Also, keep in mind this will not replace Iris and Maya as future pin-ups, but it's something created to complement the characters, to be able to make comic strips of them, develop their story and relationship a bit more etc etc.

So, long story short, I started with some basic expressions of Iris (based on images we already have of her so it's something I can use as reference for how her expressions would look), and how her body would translate to that style. Also there's the initial look of Maya as well, which I will make similar expression (and body) tests in the future.

Anyway, hope you guys like it!

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021
So, Krys will be taking a small break (1 week vacation) next month...
The August Pack will consist of the Kafka Series and the Atom Eve voyeur...
The September Pack will consist of 2 Pin-Ups + voyeur...

Here is the full Post about it from his Patreon...

rewards08.jpg

Hey everyone, the rewards will be send next week, I'll update this post with the links when they are sent (and you'll receive them via message as well).
It's was very interesting to do a full colored series for Kafka this month. I learned a lot to optmize the background creation so it's possible to create small variants on the camera angle/position of elements without having to fully repaint everything. So it's definitely something to be carried over for future series.

With that out of the way,
Here's what's planned for september so far

• For the first time in 8 years I'll be taking a small vacation! So I'll be away for a week to finally turn my brain off and recharge batteries. This is going to happen around the 3rd week of september.
  • In terms of paintings coming up in september, I'm planning 2 pin-ups and the voyeur for the 3 remaining weeks of the month.
  • Given time available, I also want to develop Maya and do a bit more tests with Iris for the comic style version of them.

So, Atom Eve voyeur (the last image of august pack) is coming up early next week alongside the rewards, and then we'll proceed to september schedule.

Hope you guys like the images coming up as well!

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021
I haven't been too impressed with Krys' sets lately. Some are good, others are meh.
Everybody their own...
Most of his Patreon (including me) enjoy it very much...
I always look forward to the next release...
He is also the most consistent Artist (style and release) that I follow...
I love Sciamano but he has been very inconsistent release-wise...
Don't get me started with DandonFuga, I have pretty much given up on her...
Aroma & Kittew have been good lately but they also have missed Packs...
But once again, everybody their own...​

QrowRhogan

May 6, 2022

Everybody their own...
Most of his Patreon (including me) enjoy it very much...
I always look forward to the next release...
He is also the most consistent Artist (style and release) that I follow...
I love Sciamano but he has been very inconsistent release-wise...
Don't get me started with DandonFuga, I have pretty much given up on her...
Aroma & Kittew have been good lately but they also have missed Packs...
But once again, everybody their own...​
I'm not saying I don't like Krys's sets. I'm just saying that I haven't always been impressed with them. I DO enjoy the sets with Iris & Maya.

Rhykio

Dec 18, 2021
The first preview of the next pack is up...

shadowheart_small.jpg

Shadowheart - Preview
Hey everyone, here's the 1st image of September pack, the highly requested, Shadowheart =D

Been quite a while since last I did a moonlight scene, so I thought this would be the perfect fit! So I hope you guys like it!

Also, Vex will come later this month, no worries.

ps. I'm making the hair in a way that the fringe is removable lol

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes