2.00 star(s) 5 Votes

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
This game is so weird. It's like you just have to spam attack and hope he doesn't dodge. Combat takes so long cuz of it.

And stealth mission in the brothel/bathhouse doesn't work at all. The boss will always see you.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
In v1.0, the sneak misions were very hard indeed. I found that they're much easier (a bit too easy for my taste, actually) in v1.2. Only the female ninja will get you caught, so if you slay her, then your in the clear. Catching the attention of the males is an effective way to lure them.

Are you making good use of the abilities under the keys 1-4? What often works well is to first dodge (using the Alt key), and then instantly press '1', which makes the Kunoichi make a rush attack towards her opponent. '2' makes her kick her opponent. Both '1' and '2' have a tendency to interrupt the opponent's attacks.

Last edited:

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
In v1.0, the sneak misions were very hard indeed. I found that they're much easier (a bit too easy for my taste, actually) in v1.2. Only the female ninja will get you caught, so if you slay her, then your in the clear. Catching the attention of the males is an effective way to lure them.

Are you making good use of the abilities under the keys 1-4? What often works well is to first dodge (using the Alt key), and then instantly press '1', which makes the Kunoichi make a rush attack towards her opponent. '2' makes her kick her opponent. Both '1' and '2' have a tendency to interrupt the opponent's attacks.
Nah, the guy in the bathhouse always spotted me. No matter how i approached him.

Ill try to use the abilities. I only use 4 and 3. But there iis no indicator when you cna hit them tbh. They block you evne though they aren't in block animation.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
Bosses can indeed never be sneaked upon. The boss knows best, after all...

I see a screenshot of the market square, the one where she wears the red kimono. I use to do that field so, that I first lure the adds.

I sneak up to them from the position shown in the screenshot, just close enough to be noticed by the two ninjas, and lure them just behind that building. Then, I approoach the situation from the other side of the field, and thus lure and kill the other two black ninjas. Only then, when only the boss is left, I approach him. He is typically one that I handle with the dodge/retalliate method. With this dude, I rely heavily on the 1 key, and even more on Alt.

As soon as you see him stretch his sword arm back, you should dodge because that often means that he is about to do a long range attack. Right after that attack, you can retalliate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Velvetcrowe84

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
The bath house situation: I always stay at the main entrance side of the building until I killed all other mobs. In fact, it's a general strategy of mine to kill the aides before engaging the boss. (I do that in other RPG's as well, such as Outcast and World of Warcraft).

When you are in the fight, you best keep the right mouse button pressed at all times, meaning that you yourself also block always. This greatly reduces the damage that you take.

I myself spent 10 AP on armor, and I always have a set of Greater Healing postions ready under the middle mouse click. After almost each fight, I visit the vendor to supplement them to 20 again. Initially, it's rather expensive (50 gold per potion), but after boosting your Armor, it becomes relatively cheap.

I have 10 points in Defense now, and often I don't even need to use my shield anymore.

Last edited:

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
And finally, always try to keep space around you during boss fights. Especially behind you. That ensures that you always have enough space to dodge. When you are about to find yourself cornered, jump over the boss and take some distance. You should usually have enough stamina to keep attacking him for a while. if your stamina runs out, just flee from the boss for a while to recuperate.

I should add that I now use a Katana with 200 attack and 20 crit dmg.

Last edited:

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
Bosses can indeed never be sneaked upon. The boss knows best, after all...

I see a screenshot of the market square, the one where she wears the red kimono. I use to do that field so, that I first lure the adds.

I sneak up to them from the position shown in the screenshot, just close enough to be noticed by the two ninjas, and lure them just behind that building. Then, I approoach the situation from the other side of the field, and thus lure and kill the other two black ninjas. Only then, when only the boss is left, I approach him. He is typically one that I handle with the dodge/retalliate method. With this dude, I rely heavily on the 1 key, and even more on Alt.

As soon as you see him stretch his sword arm back, you should dodge because that often means that he is about to do a long range attack. Right after that attack, you can retalliate.
''As soon as you see him stretch his sword arm back, you should dodge because that often means that he is about to do a long range attack. Right after that attack, you can retalliate.''

After he attacked i attack him and he always dodges. ALWAYS.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
They do dodge and block a lot indeed, but if you peek at their health bars during the fight, you should find it gradually decreasing. I myself just keep striking until there is some distance between me and the opponent, and then prepare to dodge.

If, at that time, I do not see them prepare to strike, or I judge that I have enough time, then I myself charge them, if only to interrupt their attacks.

Unfortunately, I don't have a youtube account, so I can't post any examples of a fight. But the fights at the townsquare often have a dance-like character. Especially with the female ninja boss, because she tends to charge me more vigorously.

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
They do dodge and block a lot indeed, but if you peek at their health bars during the fight, you should find it gradually decreasing. I myself just keep striking until there is some distance between me and the opponent, and then prepare to dodge.

If, at that time, I do not see them prepare to strike, or I judge that I have enough time, then I myself charge them, if only to interrupt their attacks.

Unfortunately, I don't have a youtube account, so I can't post any examples of a fight. But the fights at the townsquare often have a dance-like character. Especially with the female ninja boss, because she tends to charge me more vigorously.
Ik what you're talking about. But the whole thing of gradually decreasing health, it's stupid cuz then i might aswell be just meleeing the whole fight and just wait for it to go low enough to execute. Honestly the combat is just complete garbage.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
There is very little variation in the fighting techniques yeah. I feel the same. At some point it gets rather monotonous. The same goes for having so few different missions to be presented with.

I killed the Shogun of Japan and the donsel owner several times already, but they keep coming back. But I suppose that's a common issue with cultures where people reincarnate...

MeTin.931

Mar 30, 2020
You should check if the next attempt to download it produces the same error. If so, the .rar sitting on the server is probably corrupt, and MG needs to re-upload it there.
I downloaded it 5-6 times. It always gives the same error.

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
I downloaded it 5-6 times. It always gives the same error.
What if you download from one of the non-cracked mirrors in the OP? If that works, you can then just download the crack seperately and put it in the game folder.

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes