sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I'm not against having a climax TP drain but it will probably take a decent amount of testing to get a balanced value. If it's too low, you gain too much TP from the enemy's attack that you just end up having positive TP gain anyway, and if it's too high you won't have enough TP to perform an action.

It might just be easier to increase overall TP costs on skills to make the default "Attack" option and the lower TP cost skills more important.

I do feel like "Whirlwind" in particular is a bit OP with how little TP it costs and how big your initial MP pool is. "Wind Slash" on the other hand feels like it's a bit too weak; as a move that's specifically designed to snipe drone bats and fairies when your speed is heavily debuffed, the accuracy on it is kind of low and it's not uncommon to fight 3 or more of those enemies at once.
Agreed. Still debating on how best to adjust TP.

These seem pretty brutal TBH and I'm here for it. It would really require rationing of pure items.

I'm poking around in the JSONs now and see there's an option for doing MaxTurns in States. Using an item to trigger a state should be possible as per equipment as well. That provides some interesting options for items use. For Purification Agent call it Numbing Agent and instead of a lust add apply a debuff to Agility for x turns? Improved version has the same as the old one, with a smaller debuff. Would allow you to purge bad effects after battle at the cost of being at a disadvantage for the next one.
Thinking that a primitive addiction system (multiple bastes) might be doable.

Mechanics would be:
Certain item(s) add to a defined variable, which dictates addiction level 1-3, all act as a stat debuff. The variable check will run at the start of combat and if the argument is true then a withdrawal baste for whichever level you qualify is added. If the variable check is false then the corresponding baste will be removed / not added for that fight.

Example: Magic Agent (Ollict) adds MP, lust and +1 addiction to the variable used. At the start of the next fight the system checks the variable to see if you qualify for level 1, 2, or 3 addiction and compares your current MP level against your max MP. With addition level 1 you would need to stay above 50% of max MP at the start or you get afflicted with withdrawal level 1 baste for the rest of combat. At the start of the next fight if you are over 50% MP then the withdrawal is removed. To reset the variable you need to buy a cleansing agent from the base item vendor for a high cost.

Of course to make this system work abilities need to be adjusted to push the player into using items more frequently.

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Can "Maker MV Cheat Menu" Add the bad status like in the 1 picture (I want to add some bad status to the main character). I can find only 2 picture which is clear the bad status.

Sorry for my English :D
You can but do not recommend it. You need to find the right Variables and Switches within the plugin and activate those. Many of the effects are tied together in weird ways and if done incorrectly may break your game.

Instead recommend you use God Mode + Set enemy HP to 1 to quickly beat the game. In the recollection room you can turn on/off whatever debuff you want then head out to fight enemies again.

Last edited:
Reactions: bazelgeuse

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Weird, which file distro site did you use? Just downloaded a fresh copy from both NOPY and Mega. Those two when extracted had no saves.

You are right that the problem could have been the config or global file if using an old save.
I didnt have an old save, and I got it via Mega. I remember the save had ~5 minutes on it.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Agreed. Still debating on how best to adjust TP.

Thinking that a primitive addiction system (multiple bastes) might be doable.

Mechanics would be:
Certain item(s) add to a defined variable, which dictates addiction level 1-3, all act as a stat debuff. The variable check will run at the start of combat and if the argument is true then a withdrawal baste for whichever level you qualify is added. If the variable check is false then the corresponding baste will be removed / not added for that fight.

Example: Magic Agent (Ollict) adds MP, lust and +1 addiction to the variable used. At the start of the next fight the system checks the variable to see if you qualify for level 1, 2, or 3 addiction and compares your current MP level against your max MP. With addition level 1 you would need to stay above 50% of max MP at the start or you get afflicted with withdrawal level 1 baste for the rest of combat. At the start of the next fight if you are over 50% MP then the withdrawal is removed. To reset the variable you need to buy a cleansing agent from the base item vendor for a high cost.

Of course to make this system work abilities need to be adjusted to push the player into using items more frequently.
Is there somewhere in the UI that could be expanded easily to see the addiction var or would it be hidden? The system itself seems pretty good.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Is there somewhere in the UI that could be expanded easily to see the addiction var or would it be hidden? The system itself seems pretty good.
Not easily, but I could make an item to call up the variable (e.g. blood test).

The question becomes, what all should be included with the addiction system? Thinking MP since it would make the most sense, TP fluctuates too easily and HP is only lost during climax.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Got the basic addiction events structure working. Right now each use of Magic Agent (Ollict) adds 1 to addiction. Once addiction reaches 15 and mp% falls below 40% the start of the next fight triggers baste Withdrawal LV 1. If the mp% goes above threshold before the next fight the withdrawal baste is removed. LV2 is at 30 addiction and mp% less than 60% and LV3 is at 45 addiction and mp% less than 80%.

If you all have any ideas on how to incorporate any other addiction mechanics let me know. For now I will be working on fine tuning the Baste debuffs and adjusting items and skills to push the player into using more items.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuninKai

rrrush

Aug 11, 2018
I played a bit and I am getting the no defeat scene error for Starfish Ollicts. Squids and Undines have their defeat scenes though, haven't tested the enemies in the other areas yet.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I played a bit and I am getting the no defeat scene error for Starfish Ollicts. Squids and Undines have their defeat scenes though, haven't tested the enemies in the other areas yet.

I didnt have an old save, and I got it via Mega. I remember the save had ~5 minutes on it.
DaBouncer I owe you an apology.

If anyone encounters the no defeat scene please take a screenshot of the Ollict you encountered on the map bugged out. I see one Starfish on the first map is defaulting to the Trial defeat event instead of normal defeat event. I now need to check every mob in all the Reno Forest and ensure they are correctly set.

The problem is that the developers used the demo of the game and built the full version from it while not completely removing the demo references.

Found two mobs on the first map that defaulted to the trial defeat but not seeing any on later maps. When you encountered this bug was it on the first map?

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I have fixed the two fights on the first map for Reno Forest (both versions of that map) that had the trial no defeat bug. If you have encountered this bug in other fights please let me know where they are (map and mob location) and I will fix it.

The issue from what I can tell is that the developers never intended, less likely, or overlooked, most likely, some fights and left the trial event callouts when making the game. The attached patch will fix the issue and if no more instances are found I will ask the mods to update the original post in a week or two.

If you are playing the hard mode patch I do not have a fix at this time but once I finish my other efforts on that version the fix will be included. At this time, try to not lose :sneaky: to the Slime Ollicts and Starfish on the first map.

• Haha
Reactions: Worst One

rrrush

Aug 11, 2018
I think it's the wrong scene now, I'm actually getting the scene for the boss monster slime when I lose to the starfish in the first map.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I think it's the wrong scene now, I'm actually getting the scene for the boss monster slime when I lose to the starfish in the first map.
Try this version.

When I corrected the event callout I forgot to define the enemy selection before the defeat event. As I did a quick test after the change, I got the right defeat scene (must have been luck) and assumed it was working as intended.

For this patch, I lost to the 2 Slime Ollicts and the 4 Starfish and got their respective defeat scenes.

Again, if you find any other defeats that are not working please let me know.

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
I included a pdf in the base game folder of all Bastes that affect stats. Including it here as well for those who haven't downloaded the updated game.
I included a pdf in the base game folder of all Bastes that affect stats. Including it here as well for those who haven't downloaded the updated game.
Do you have one for all the bastes in the game including the lactation one? Even though it may not affect stats, it's not to have a comprehensive list of everything

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Found two mobs on the first map that defaulted to the trial defeat but not seeing any on later maps. When you encountered this bug was it on the first map?
It was, and it was either a starfish or a slime. Interesting to know that bug only affected certain encounters though, and it wasn't a save issue.

Nov 4, 2018
Feels like you're making a new game now, with creating items and whatnot. I haven't tried any of the new set of patches though.

Asking for clarification :
The good potions can only be bought at the Quarta Knights HQ, correct? And the cursed/tainted ones are either dropped by monsters or found in treasure chests?

If yes to both, then I think it's a good idea. Besides making the game more challenging, a sneaky trick like putting tainted items in your dungeon for the heroine to use is something a schemer like Cloudy could think of. Now I'm starting to think that it's like a new game plus mode... but for Cloudy. :D

I'll give these new patches a go when I find a bit more free time.

Again, many thanks sportsfan30 for your efforts.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
It was, and it was either a starfish or a slime. Interesting to know that bug only affected certain encounters though, and it wasn't a save issue.
Yeah it feels like the developer became more proficient with RPG Maker while making the game. Early on there are redundancies that are not found later on in the game (e.g. many early fights are defined calling for specific mobs but later on each random encounter pulls from one of three lists, small, medium, and large random groups).

Feels like you're making a new game now, with creating items and whatnot. I haven't tried any of the new set of patches though.

Asking for clarification :
The good potions can only be bought at the Quarta Knights HQ, correct? And the cursed/tainted ones are either dropped by monsters or found in treasure chests?

If yes to both, then I think it's a good idea. Besides making the game more challenging, a sneaky trick like putting tainted items in your dungeon for the heroine to use is something a schemer like Cloudy could think of. Now I'm starting to think that it's like a new game plus mode... but for Cloudy. :D

I'll give these new patches a go when I find a bit more free time.

Again, many thanks sportsfan30 for your efforts.
That's the intent, buy the normal but expensive items (if you can afford them) from HQ or rely on the free but tainted items found in dungeons. Problem is I now need to balance the game around using items more while keeping money generation low. The latest Hard mode patch does not have the items as of yet, aiming for release either Fri/Sat.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Do you have one for all the bastes in the game including the lactation one? Even though it may not affect stats, it's not to have a comprehensive list of everything
The only Bastes missing that don't directly effect stats are: Breast Milk Constitution, Urination Habit, and Forced Edging.

First two primarily adjust how the game updates Amethyst's picture as she climaxes while the latter increases how much HP damage she takes when finally able to climax.

I'll add them later to the pdf once I finish my custom Hard mode patch.

Reactions: Anarchistic

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
The only Bastes missing that don't directly effect stats are: Breast Milk Constitution, Urination Habit, and Forced Edging.

First two primarily adjust how the game updates Amethyst's picture as she climaxes while the latter increases how much HP damage she takes when finally able to climax.

I'll add them later to the pdf once I finish my custom Hard mode patch.
Gotcha. Thanks!

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Hello guys !! Thank you sportsfan30 for your work ! I didn't try your hard mode but I will test it soon.
Do you know other games like this game with a system of baste ? I really love it. Like in karryn prison too.
Have a good day ! :D

Some_Weeb

Jan 26, 2019
Hello guys !! Thank you sportsfan30 for your work ! I didn't try your hard mode but I will test it soon.
Do you know other games like this game with a system of baste ? I really love it. Like in karryn prison too.
Have a good day ! :D
THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ is good but most bastes are during combat, but their is two that stay on you if you don't remove it.

It's sequel Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters bastes are probably more what you're looking for as they stay on unless you remove them.

Reactions: f9account
4.20 star(s) 13 Votes