sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Anyone know how many endings this game has?
Two endings: Beat Cloudy or lose to Cloudy. You can lose every fight and as long as you beat each boss to progress and beat Cloudy at the end then you win.

Either ending unlocks the recollection room and you can activate New Game+ if you want.

Reactions: Vuongs

rrrush

Aug 11, 2018
Balancing enemies is kind of hard because of how their moves interact with certain baste. Some enemies are just not a threat even if you have every baste in the game stacked while others become extremely dangerous just by having a few wrong ones.

Drone bats in particular can trigger so many baste at once that it only takes 2-3 of them to permanently lock you down. Their base speed is also rather high so they will always act first if you have too many baste stacked or fight them in the vents. Clusters of 4-6 are impossible to kill if you're doing a full baste run.

Overall though, I think the game's balance is rather fair already when it comes to how much damage enemies do, how much health they have and how much damage you do.

What I don't think is balanced is your current TP gain. Most of the time when you climax there are multiple enemies still alive, so you end up with close to 100TP by the time you get your turn again. However, unless you implement an overly aggressive TP drain (like the one that Ring of Lust applies), the only move you can't use after climaxing is probably Invention, so a TP drain is not going to affect overall difficulty.

My ideas are:
- reduce natural TP gain from enemy attacks, making "Attack" and "Adjust your breathing" actually somewhat important for regenerating TP
- increase the TP cost of "Magical filling" so that you can't infinitely fund your spell costs for regeneration

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Not much coding involved with RPG Maker, more of a bunch of if / else statements in each common event. Bought a copy awhile ago during a humble bundle sale.

Liking the reduction of recovery potions to 33%, current value is 70%. Energy pill lasts 4-5 turns so it could be adjusted if I don't steal your idea of periodic lust gain from an Ollict variant.

Store prices are based on item values defined within RPG Maker. To vary it based on Act I would have to manually define each item's value at each shop. Plus if the cost increases so to does the sale value. Which was why I was thinking about making Ollict variant items with no value. They could provide the user a risk/reward situation heal X while increasing lust damage.

Let me think on the MP drain, you are right where at present it is more novelty then a practical challenge.
Not stealing, this is brainstorming.

I thought Energy Pill was permanent (not paying enough attention to my states apparently), maybe not then, though I like the Ollict variant thematically. I'm still a little cheesed that the description for the Neutralizing Agent hints at drug addiction being something that never made it into the game, something that would be very on theme and an interesting mechanic. Modifying the items to have downsides seems a good route.

Good to know, interesting that it has a default sale value proportional to buy value.

Anyone know how many endings this game has?
There are two endings, Win/Lose to final boss. There might be some dialogue variants if you lose due to high corruption, but it's the same outcome CG and postgame to Lose.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Balancing enemies is kind of hard because of how their moves interact with certain baste. Some enemies are just not a threat even if you have every baste in the game stacked while others become extremely dangerous just by having a few wrong ones.

Drone bats in particular can trigger so many baste at once that it only takes 2-3 of them to permanently lock you down. Their base speed is also rather high so they will always act first if you have too many baste stacked or fight them in the vents. Clusters of 4-6 are impossible to kill if you're doing a full baste run.

Overall though, I think the game's balance is rather fair already when it comes to how much damage enemies do, how much health they have and how much damage you do.

What I don't think is balanced is your current TP gain. Most of the time when you climax there are multiple enemies still alive, so you end up with close to 100TP by the time you get your turn again. However, unless you implement an overly aggressive TP drain (like the one that Ring of Lust applies), the only move you can't use after climaxing is probably Invention, so a TP drain is not going to affect overall difficulty.

My ideas are:
- reduce natural TP gain from enemy attacks, making "Attack" and "Adjust your breathing" actually somewhat important for regenerating TP
- increase the TP cost of "Magical filling" so that you can't infinitely fund your spell costs for regeneration
Yeah forgot about "Magical filling". Can see some synergies with that and modified items.

How does it sound losing 33 TP with every climax? Want to drain TP but not completely deplete it.

Only issue I can see is once the enemies start to crit with every hit. At that point your TP will bottom out in one bad round.

For TP generation during combat I will look for all the events but they are similar to other damaging formulas and are used multiple times for different situations.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Hello !
This game have a recollection room ? Because some scene are really nice but it's too hard to go find them again ( boss fight for example ). It's full of maze. :(

rrrush

Aug 11, 2018
I don't remember the exact numbers but I do know that fighting combatants while having vibrators + magic ball and multiple other baste at the same time makes it very difficult to perform any attacks without having a very high amount of TP. If you do implement a climax TP drain, it's possible that you end up without enough TP on the turn you recover and you might not get a second turn before another climax.

I guess it's more of a combat rhythm kind of thing though. Most games require you to use small moves while building up for big ones, but in this game, you just get hit until you have enough TP (usually climaxing along the way) and then perform a revenge kill when you recover. I don't really know how to change that.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
So initial thoughts on items, remove all traditional items from drops and chests while increasing their value to make purchasing them a true money sink.

Tentative new item variants (numbers still TBD, current numbers from equating 2 Lust = 3% HP/MP = 4 TP):
  • Spoiled Cleansing Agent to replace Ollict Neutralizing Agent
    • Still removes 20 lust but also removes 30%MP and 40TP as well

• Stale Cleansing Agent to replace Improved Ollict Neutralizing Agent
    • Removes 40 lust while removing the same amount of MP and TP as the Spoiled

• Recovery Medicine (Ollict) (name TBD) to replace Recovery Medicine
    • Heals 30% HP while causing 20 lust

• Energy Pill (Ollict) (name TBD) to replace Energy Pill
    • Direct +40 TP while taking 20 lust

• Corrupted Agent (name TBD) to replace Purification Agent
    • Removes Aphrodisiac and Estrus but adds 40 lust
    • Unsure how to handle the Improved Purification Agent that also removes lust, maybe I will skip it and not make a corrupted variant

• Magic Agent (Ollict) exists
    • Decrease the MP gain from +70% to +30%

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I don't remember the exact numbers but I do know that fighting combatants while having vibrators + magic ball and multiple other baste at the same time makes it very difficult to perform any attacks without having a very high amount of TP. If you do implement a climax TP drain, it's possible that you end up without enough TP on the turn you recover and you might not get a second turn before another climax.

I guess it's more of a combat rhythm kind of thing though. Most games require you to use small moves while building up for big ones, but in this game, you just get hit until you have enough TP (usually climaxing along the way) and then perform a revenge kill when you recover. I don't really know how to change that.
Forgot about the different battles of will to escape or act in certain situations. Maybe smaller amount, 5-10 TP per?

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Hello !
This game have a recollection room ? Because some scene are really nice but it's too hard to go find them again ( boss fight for example ). It's full of maze. :(
Yes, but you have to beat the game or lose to the final boss first to unlock it. If you are having trouble look at my previous post. I uploaded a cheat plugin that will help you brute force the game. Just follow the instructions included in the rar file to install it.

Reactions: ss6

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
So initial thoughts on items, remove all traditional items from drops and chests while increasing their value to make purchasing them a true money sink.

Tentative new item variants (numbers still TBD, current numbers from equating 2 Lust = 3% HP/MP = 4 TP):
  • Spoiled Cleansing Agent to replace Ollict Neutralizing Agent
    • Still removes 20 lust but also removes 30%MP and 40TP as well

• Stale Cleansing Agent to replace Improved Ollict Neutralizing Agent
    • Removes 40 lust while removing the same amount of MP and TP as the Spoiled

• Recovery Medicine (Ollict) (name TBD) to replace Recovery Medicine
    • Heals 30% HP while causing 20 lust

• Energy Pill (Ollict) (name TBD) to replace Energy Pill
    • Direct +40 TP while taking 20 lust

• Corrupted Agent (name TBD) to replace Purification Agent
    • Removes Aphrodisiac and Estrus but adds 40 lust
    • Unsure how to handle the Improved Purification Agent that also removes lust, maybe I will skip it and not make a corrupted variant

• Magic Agent (Ollict) exists
    • Decrease the MP gain from +70% to +30%
These seem pretty brutal TBH and I'm here for it. It would really require rationing of pure items.

I'm poking around in the JSONs now and see there's an option for doing MaxTurns in States. Using an item to trigger a state should be possible as per equipment as well. That provides some interesting options for items use. For Purification Agent call it Numbing Agent and instead of a lust add apply a debuff to Agility for x turns? Improved version has the same as the old one, with a smaller debuff. Would allow you to purge bad effects after battle at the cost of being at a disadvantage for the next one.

Reactions: f9account

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
So only one other reported this, but I also got the "no defeat scene" bug.

I got it in a new game though, since I selected new game instead of loading the save that came with the front page download. I did overwrite it though, so the bug somehow transfered over.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
So only one other reported this, but I also got the "no defeat scene" bug.

I got it in a new game though, since I selected new game instead of loading the save that came with the front page download. I did overwrite it though, so the bug somehow transfered over.
That save on the front page was made in an older version of the game. I noticed if you use an old save on V1.08 it keeps some of the old bugs. Personally I saw graphical glitches when I tried it.

Recommend you double check to ensure you have V1.08 of the game and delete your save folder and start fresh (game folder\www). If that doesn't work let me know.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Like I said, I downloaded it fresh from the OP, then started a new game and saved over the existing save file. Deleting every file inside the save folder helped fix it though.

It was probably an issue with the config or global file provided, since thats the only explanation as to how a new save can suffer an old bug.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Like I said, I downloaded it fresh from the OP, then started a new game and saved over the existing save file. Deleting every file inside the save folder helped fix it though.

It was probably an issue with the config or global file provided, since thats the only explanation as to how a new save can suffer an old bug.
Weird, which file distro site did you use? Just downloaded a fresh copy from both NOPY and Mega. Those two when extracted had no saves.

You are right that the problem could have been the config or global file if using an old save.

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
Is there a list we can have for all of the bastes/statuses in the game and their effects? I want to see how each one modifies Amethyst even if it may not give a debuff to stats.

rrrush

Aug 11, 2018
I'm not against having a climax TP drain but it will probably take a decent amount of testing to get a balanced value. If it's too low, you gain too much TP from the enemy's attack that you just end up having positive TP gain anyway, and if it's too high you won't have enough TP to perform an action.

It might just be easier to increase overall TP costs on skills to make the default "Attack" option and the lower TP cost skills more important.

I do feel like "Whirlwind" in particular is a bit OP with how little TP it costs and how big your initial MP pool is. "Wind Slash" on the other hand feels like it's a bit too weak; as a move that's specifically designed to snipe drone bats and fairies when your speed is heavily debuffed, the accuracy on it is kind of low and it's not uncommon to fight 3 or more of those enemies at once.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Is there a list we can have for all of the bastes/statuses in the game and their effects? I want to see how each one modifies Amethyst even if it may not give a debuff to stats.
I included a pdf in the base game folder of all Bastes that affect stats. Including it here as well for those who haven't downloaded the updated game.

franc08765

Mar 3, 2018
Or you can cheat if that is your goal ;). Two options here: Using RPGMakerSaveEdit allows you to open your save file and adjusting the numbers, in this case giving you the item Costume State Changer & Fixing Scissors; The other one is to use the plugin called RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu. Once a game is loaded, hitting the 1 key brings up a menu allowing all sorts of things from god mode, changing stats, changing states & variables (be careful here), adding items/equipment, making the enemy hp 0 (useful when I needed to test), etc.

Including both if you choose to go this route. If using the cheat menu follow the instructions inside the cheat menu folder.
Can "Maker MV Cheat Menu" Add the bad status like in the 1 picture (I want to add some bad status to the main character). I can find only 2 picture which is clear the bad status.

Sorry for my English :D

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes