sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ is good but most bastes are during combat, but their is two that stay on you if you don't remove it.

It's sequel Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters bastes are probably more what you're looking for as they stay on unless you remove them.

Haven't tried the first game but the second one has a edited XUnity-AutoTranslator translation patch here on F95. Interesting game but the total number of bastes are limited to 10 or so.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I have an update for the Hard Mode for those interested. This version introduces a new mechanic - Addiction. See the patch notes for details. With this patch I was able to beat Reno Forest but the changes to MP generation made it slightly more challenging. Need to play later stages to see how impactful these changes are.

Word of advice for those who may not know, the maid at HQ will repair your costume. With the changes to the Hard Mode, repair material and return tickets no longer drop from mobs or chests. Why would Ollicts allow/give a Quarta Knight the chance to escape or fix her costume?

As requested I have updated the Baste pdf for those without stat adjustments.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: pchmsl and MuninKai

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I have an update for the Hard Mode for those interested. This version introduces a new mechanic - Addiction. See the patch notes for details. With this patch I was able to beat Reno Forest but the changes to MP generation made it slightly more challenging. Need to play later stages to see how impactful these changes are.

Word of advice for those who may not know, the maid at HQ will repair your costume. With the changes to the Hard Mode, repair material and return tickets no longer drop from mobs or chests. Why would Ollicts allow/give a Quarta Knight the chance to escape or fix her costume?

As requested I have updated the Baste pdf for those without stat adjustments.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If the player doesn't buy any Return Tickets and they no longer drop or appear in chests, will that cause problems at Cloudy's Castle? I mean, I guess you could just go back to base and buy some, but wondering how the rescue events are triggered.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ is good but most bastes are during combat, but their is two that stay on you if you don't remove it.

It's sequel Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters bastes are probably more what you're looking for as they stay on unless you remove them.

thank you ! :D I think I will try the 2nd.

And sportsfan you are really nerfing hard all the buff she can cast and the regen MP / TP , the game is not to hard after that ? With just one or two baste, it will be impossible ?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020

And sportsfan you are really nerfing hard all the buff she can cast and the regen MP / TP , the game is not to hard after that ? With just one or two baste, it will be impossible ?
Eh, not so much. I did a run the other night where I tried to beat the bosses with all applicable bastes from their stage using only equipment available on a fresh run, and it was pretty easy. The game is really not designed to be very challenging.

Reactions: sportsfan30

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
If the player doesn't buy any Return Tickets and they no longer drop or appear in chests, will that cause problems at Cloudy's Castle? I mean, I guess you could just go back to base and buy some, but wondering how the rescue events are triggered.
Just tested it and even without any return tickets in my inventory you are able to save them. Just treat it as a plot item.

Reactions: MuninKai

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019

Eh, not so much. I did a run the other night where I tried to beat the bosses with all applicable bastes from their stage using only equipment available on a fresh run, and it was pretty easy. The game is really not designed to be very challenging.
MuninKai is right, with the items and skills as is, the game is very easy. The only challenge is when you get stun/crit locked from having too many bastes active.

My goal is to rework resource generation while giving the players options on how to complete the game. Do you farm Reno Forest for Ollict drops to sell back to vendor and buy legitimate items, use the corrupted items you get for free, or hold back in combat and plan each MP/TP usage?

The goal with the corrupted items is to introduce another method of fighting. Yes you can potion spam them to cover any HP/MP/TP/Lust issues but it has a risk to using those items. If left untreated you will be afflicted with Bastes similar to the Lewd series.

To push players into needing to use items more often or at least to force players to fight smarter, I adjusted TP/MP cost of one attack (Whirlwind), reduced MP gained while increasing TP cost for Magical Filling, and increased cost for purification spell to 30TP.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
MuninKai is right, with the items and skills as is, the game is very easy. The only challenge is when you get stun/crit locked from having too many bastes active.

My goal is to rework resource generation while giving the players options on how to complete the game. Do you farm Reno Forest for Ollict drops to sell back to vendor and buy legitimate items, use the corrupted items you get for free, or hold back in combat and plan each MP/TP usage?

The goal with the corrupted items is to introduce another method of fighting. Yes you can potion spam them to cover any HP/MP/TP/Lust issues but it has a risk to using those items. If left untreated you will be afflicted with Bastes similar to the Lewd series.

To push players into needing to use items more often or at least to force players to fight smarter, I adjusted TP/MP cost of one attack (Whirlwind), reduced MP gained while increasing TP cost for Magical Filling, and increased cost for purification spell to 30TP.
"you will be afflicted with Bastes similar to the Lewd series "

What is the lewd series ?

So you want to put the need to farm in this game ? We will not clean an area in 1 try ?

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
"you will be afflicted with Bastes similar to the Lewd series "

What is the lewd series ?

So you want to put the need to farm in this game ? We will not clean an area in 1 try ?
The three you get from high corruption; Lewd: Aching Body, Lewd: Sensitive Body & Lewd: Pleasure Seeking Body.

Farming is not required but the best money spot is Reno Forest. I did not adjust the value of the Magic Crystals, Aphrodisiac flowers and Starfish blood. With drop rates as they are, this is an easy spot to farm items to sell if you want compared to the other three areas.

Scorpan3734

Jul 27, 2019
btw just wanted to let people here know, this game has a sequel/expansion in development. The dev has posted some screenshots of what they're working on and it looks like we'll get to play as Emerald!

Emerald Game.jpg

rrrush

Aug 11, 2018
You don't benefit from farming in this game the way you do from other games. The stats you get from leveling up do close to nothing unless you're hacking yourself to level 99 or something.

Some of the ambush spawns on the lowest floor of Cloudy's Castle feel like they're broken now; in particular, the ones along the path to the stairs where you meet the succubus who helps remove the crest baste.
They were already pretty buggy before since you could trigger them once and then run down the stairs to despawn them, and if you triggered them again they would be stuck in the air next to the platforms. But now they're stuck in the air even when I trigger them for the first time.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
The three you get from high corruption; Lewd: Aching Body, Lewd: Sensitive Body & Lewd: Pleasure Seeking Body.

Farming is not required but the best money spot is Reno Forest. I did not adjust the value of the Magic Crystals, Aphrodisiac flowers and Starfish blood. With drop rates as they are, this is an easy spot to farm items to sell if you want compared to the other three areas.
I had wondered if that was intentional. I realised it at the end of Reno and thought it was just something you missed in correcting the values. They're pretty high. Any money restriction I had exiting Reno was pretty much done when I sold off those items.

Went through Ard on the new Hard Mode and maybe it made it easier? When items are valuable it makes sense to open every chest in Ard, but with the changes to item value it actually made more sense to ignore them. Will see how it affects the Lab.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I had wondered if that was intentional. I realised it at the end of Reno and thought it was just something you missed in correcting the values. They're pretty high. Any money restriction I had exiting Reno was pretty much done when I sold off those items.

Went through Ard on the new Hard Mode and maybe it made it easier? When items are valuable it makes sense to open every chest in Ard, but with the changes to item value it actually made more sense to ignore them. Will see how it affects the Lab.
Skill books are still expensive and wanted to see if leaving those alone would change the flow. Good point about Ard, no reason to go after each chest once you have your lvl 2 accessories.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Skill books are still expensive and wanted to see if leaving those alone would change the flow. Good point about Ard, no reason to go after each chest once you have your lvl 2 accessories.
It made me think, and I have no idea how this is modded, but when the enemies jump out of hiding for surprise attacks if you have 'Always Dash' on they never catch you. Is it possible to increase their speed?

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
It made me think, and I have no idea how this is modded, but when the enemies jump out of hiding for surprise attacks if you have 'Always Dash' on they never catch you. Is it possible to increase their speed?
Yes but it will be a pain. It requires finding each mob on each map (~90 combat maps) and editing their specific pathing. Problem is each event is a separate box (black interior and white outline), mobs are events and so are traps and event triggers. So it will require me clicking on each box until I find the right one.

For example look at the intro map for Reno Forest (missing background textures since I didn't import any pics into my RPG Maker folder). The two red circles are the 4x Starfish and 2x Slime fights that had the no defeat scene bug. Most (~80%) of those white boxes are swamp triggers. Walking in an aphrodisiac swamp does not trigger getting covered, it happens when you walk on one of those. Also see the blue circle, that is a squid fight.

Why I missed the no scene trigger was how tedious it would have been to review each box for each map for something the game devs should have had correct from the get go.

Edit- With all that said, let me look at the custom plugins used by the game dev. There might be way that doesn't require modifying all mobs.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes