MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yes but it will be a pain. It requires finding each mob on each map (~90 combat maps) and editing their specific pathing. Problem is each event is a separate box (black interior and white outline), mobs are events and so are traps and event triggers. So it will require me clicking on each box until I find the right one.

For example look at the intro map for Reno Forest (missing background textures since I didn't import any pics into my RPG Maker folder). The two red circles are the 4x Starfish and 2x Slime fights that had the no defeat scene bug. Most (~80%) of those white boxes are swamp triggers. Walking in an aphrodisiac swamp does not trigger getting covered, it happens when you walk on one of those. Also see the blue circle, that is a squid fight.

Why I missed the no scene trigger was how tedious it would have been to review each box for each map for something the game devs should have had correct from the get go.

Edit- With all that said, let me look at the custom plugins used by the game dev. There might be way that doesn't require modifying all mobs.
I figured that was probably the case and damn that would be a miserable misadventure in modding.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I figured that was probably the case and damn that would be a miserable misadventure in modding.
Well after digging into the plugins there might be a less tedious way. I can do a find & replace for each map file to change the _chasespeed from 4 to something else. As it stands only certain visible mobs and surprise mobs chase not all. If I change the speed then all chasing mobs will have that new speed.

This will almost guarantee a fight if it is too high.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Well after digging into the plugins there might be a less tedious way. I can do a find & replace for each map file to change the _chasespeed from 4 to something else. As it stands only certain visible mobs and surprise mobs chase not all. If I change the speed then all chasing mobs will have that new speed.

This will almost guarantee a fight if it is too high.
Which would make a few maps significantly more challenging. Especially if they're fast enough to trigger surprise attack fights. It does feel weird to me that you can just dash past ambushes.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Which would make a few maps significantly more challenging. Especially if they're fast enough to trigger surprise attack fights. It does feel weird to me that you can just dash past ambushes.
Makes sense. Let me fine tune a few maps and try it out tonight.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Try this version. I increased the speed of any encounter that had normal movement speed (should account for ambushes) and those that see and start to chase Amethyst. With this tweak they run as fast as her sprint so any direction changing and they will catch her. There is only one higher speed and at that point there is no reason to run since they always caught me within two steps.

I tested this in Reno Forest but it should hold true for all encounters. Let me know if it does not.

Reactions: ss6 and MuninKai

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Try this version. I increased the speed of any encounter that had normal movement speed (should account for ambushes) and those that see and start to chase Amethyst. With this tweak they run as fast as her sprint so any direction changing and they will catch her. There is only one higher speed and at that point there is no reason to run since they always caught me within two steps.

I tested this in Reno Forest but it should hold true for all encounters. Let me know if it does not.
Didn't do a full run, but kinda ran around in a finished save, works on all floors. Definitely makes a lot of the ambushes more threatening, even if you can still outrun them if you're on a straight away. I think if I didn't know where the ambushes are it would be a pretty good surprise. Definitely got caught by a few chasers that I had previously just dashed past that slammed right into me instead.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018

I have test your hard mode. For the reno forest, it's still easy to win. I first though that your hard mode will be really hard, but finally it's good. We can't lose if we don't want to lose in reno forest. I think it will be harder later in the game.
Thank you for your work ;)

Jul 9, 2020
Say, the dev said that there will be a sequel dropping probably next year. Will you do that too if you have the time or will you pass the torch to someone else since the status effects probably has some similarities?

Reactions: f9account

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Say, the dev said that there will be a sequel dropping probably next year. Will you do that too if you have the time or will you pass the torch to someone else since the status effects probably has some similarities?
I am interested and will take a look once it drops. With that said if someone else decides to work on it before me then I wouldn't mind.

Jul 9, 2020
I am interested and will take a look once it drops. With that said if someone else decides to work on it before me then I wouldn't mind.
Nice! Really hope the next one will have more status effects and more enemy variations (so that we have more CGs)
Kinda sad that games like these with good art and many variations are sparse...

Anyone care to give me recommendation for these type of games?
Other games i've tried:
  1. [RPGM] - [Completed] Adventurer Millia And The Tower Of Desire [v1.12] [Absolute] | F95zone (Still in early stages)
  2. [RPGM] - [Completed] Adventurer Fiana and the Dungeon Assault [Final] [Instant Flowlighter] | F95zone - Art is good but too simple and too little H content
  3. [RPGM] - [Completed] Offering Hole ~ Shrine Maiden Feeder and the Ero-Dungeon [Final] [yoshii tech] | F95zone - Same, but WALKING SIMULATOR w/ some interactable H trigger which can be counted by hands)
  4. [RPGM] - [Completed] The Tentacularly Adorned Priestess [Final] [WindWave] | F95zone - Acceptable art and I can do bad decision, which is what i'm searching for. BUT the gameplay is horrible mainly bcs of the map (navigating urself in the game is hard)
  5. [RPGM] - [Completed] Ayano the Exorcist [Final] [7th Door] | F95zone - Great art , imagine Rindou (Radical Dream, my fav artist) making an ero trap dungeon RPGM game. Recommended!
  6. [RPGM] - [Completed] Milly and the Forest of Sacrifice [Final] [o_m] | F95zone - Tentacles exploration game, walk straight to monster to get H events

Last edited:

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Nice! Really hope the next one will have more status effects and more enemy variations (so that we have more CGs)

Other games i've tried:
  1. [RPGM] - [Completed] Adventurer Millia And The Tower Of Desire [v1.12] [Absolute] | F95zone (Still in early stages)
  2. [RPGM] - [Completed] Adventurer Fiana and the Dungeon Assault [Final] [Instant Flowlighter] | F95zone - Art is good but too simple and too little H content
  3. [RPGM] - [Completed] Offering Hole ~ Shrine Maiden Feeder and the Ero-Dungeon [Final] [yoshii tech] | F95zone - Same, but WALKING SIMULATOR w/ some interactable H trigger which can be counted by hands)
  4. [RPGM] - [Completed] The Tentacularly Adorned Priestess [Final] [WindWave] | F95zone - Acceptable art and I can do bad decision, which is what i'm searching for. BUT the gameplay is horrible mainly bcs of the map (navigating urself in the game is hard)
  5. [RPGM] - [Completed] Ayano the Exorcist [Final] [7th Door] | F95zone - Great art , imagine Rindou (Radical Dream, my fav artist) making an ero trap dungeon RPGM game. Recommended!
  6. [RPGM] - [Completed] Milly and the Forest of Sacrifice [Final] [o_m] | F95zone - Tentacles exploration game, walk straight to monster to get H events
thx I will try millia.

Scorpan3734

Jul 27, 2019

Other games i've tried:
I see you don't have Karryn's Prison listed, by Remtairy (the devs behind the popular Meltys Quest). Karryn's Prison is like a better version of this game, though sadly unfinished. Despite that, it already has a good amount of content and is fun to play. Just be warned, it's quite hard and is designed for you to fail a lot before you learn all the systems.

Reactions: SkyDragonbeast

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
I see you don't have Karryn's Prison listed, by Remtairy (the devs behind the popular Meltys Quest). Karryn's Prison is like a better version of this game, though sadly unfinished. Despite that, it already has a good amount of content and is fun to play. Just be warned, it's quite hard and is designed for you to fail a lot before you learn all the systems.
This game is good but I think you shouldn't play it until it's more finished. They know how to trully make good game ( meltys quest is amazing ). Don't spoil the game for yourself ( but i did it xD )

Nov 4, 2018
Other games i've tried:

[RPGM] - [Completed] Ayano the Exorcist [Final] [7th Door] | F95zone - Great art , imagine Rindou (Radical Dream, my fav artist) making an ero trap dungeon RPGM game. Recommended!

RPGM] - [Completed] Milly and the Forest of Sacrifice [Final] [o_m] | F95zone - Tentacles exploration game, walk straight to monster to get H events
Mission Mermaiden, perhaps? It's a platformer, but has lingering status effects.

You had me at "Rindou". :LOL: I'll have to look at Ayano the Exorcist then.

Milly has decent art but little to no gameplay at all, just walking H-triggers.

Reactions: SkyDragonbeast
Jul 9, 2020
Mission Mermaiden, perhaps? It's a platformer, but has lingering status effects.

You had me at "Rindou". :LOL: I'll have to look at Ayano the Exorcist then.

Milly has decent art but little to no gameplay at all, just walking H-triggers.
Thankfully he's WORKING on an RPGM game featuring one of his nun. Check his latest update on twitter! Hoping that there will be many status effects and CG variants (Also tentacle suit if there's any :p)

Less grindy erotic RPG should be the new norm honestly (THIS!).
The one i linked is just gold for me honestly. no grind, just do stupid sht and i get good CGs
Ayano is kinda like that but you've to read the guides to get the endings which lel.

Nov 4, 2018
sportsfan30

I did a new game quick run on Reno Forest at normal difficulty. Didn't notice much difference in difficulty save for the corruption stat increasing faster, though it's probably just me already having lots of experience replaying the base game. Besides, since it's the first level it's designed to be relatively easy.

Will try the next level when I find some more free time. Thanks for your hard work!

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes