• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Spectrons

Mar 15, 2018
From peoples' feedback so far, it seems even my unedited MTL is performing better than AI. :BootyTime: I do a lot of pre-processing to reduce common translation problems and the AI system they used apparently did not.

Also, for anyone having lag issues, this is the fix made by rageso that I have been using in the fan translation version. It does not overwrite any files that would affect the translation.
Thank you. But it did not help from lags in battle, though.

Alaktan

Dec 14, 2018
Not sure how accurate this is but my anti virus detected a trojan from the EN_game file. I downloaded that one directly from DL site so be careful when running this.

Reactions: phazeshift_pb

shleefin

Oct 6, 2018
I have no idea how to progress after fighting the swarm of mushrooms after combing the dungeon for another path.
defeating the mushroom swarm in the first dungeon seems to be optional. keep going north instead of down the vines and you'll find another path. maybe defeating the mushrooms makes the boss easier? hard to tell what's going on when it's machine translated.

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
From peoples' feedback so far, it seems even my unedited MTL is performing better than AI. :BootyTime: I do a lot of pre-processing to reduce common translation problems and the AI system they used apparently did not.

Also, for anyone having lag issues, this is the fix made by rageso that I have been using in the fan translation version. It does not overwrite any files that would affect the translation.
Yeah I tried out both, this translation cuts off your sensitivity scores and has a lot of common MTL errors.
I tried to apply this fix as well and it still has the lagging slowdown. I don't plan on playing through this version though.

Asafax

Feb 16, 2020
Very confusing to navigate the swampy areas when it has dark water that you can't walk through and light which you can, but then also has shadows over the light areas which makes half of them look like dark ones anyway??

yunasenna

Dec 10, 2019
Hopefully the dark water and light water in the swamp area gets fixed because some of the light water is dark. I thought I was going crazy at first. XD

Ginger457

Jun 9, 2019
Is there some rule that every release of this series has to butcher the title? The previous one was Amethyst and instead rendered as Amadeus. And now we have Emeraude, which I don't even know that's supposed to be when it's clearly intended to be read as Emerald.

For those curious, Quolta (or Quarta) is the organization of knights the characters work for, which I might take some liberties with and render as Quota to emphasize their....let's say Lawful Neutral approach to justice. As in, more focused on quotas of patrols finished/killed enemies instead of reaching a long term solution.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Is there some rule that every release of this series has to butcher the title? The previous one was Amethyst and instead rendered as Amadeus. And now we have Emeraude, which I don't even know that's supposed to be when it's clearly intended to be read as Emerald.

For those curious, Quolta (or Quarta) is the organization of knights the characters work for, which I might take some liberties with and render as Quota to emphasize their....let's say Lawful Neutral approach to justice. As in, more focused on quotas of patrols finished/killed enemies instead of reaching a long term solution.
It think it may be a mix of an MTL issue and a japanese naming thing. Since Japanese has different alphabets for different things, the Japanese word for emerald may be written one way, but Emeraude may be a direct translation of the name Emerald written out phonetically in a japanese alphabet, rather than the gemstone. Like an American named Krystal is pronounced the same as crystal.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
It think it may be a mix of an MTL issue and a japanese naming thing. Since Japanese has different alphabets for different things, the Japanese word for emerald may be written one way, but Emeraude may be a direct translation of the name Emerald written out phonetically in a japanese alphabet, rather than the gemstone. Like an American named Krystal is pronounced the same as crystal.

There has actually been some very lively conversations about this over in the Translation thread! The short answer is that Shiraso is doing some word play. The words are not real Japanese words, not the Japanese rendition of English words, nor a rendition of the names in non-English languages like French (not sure anyone has checked German). This makes them extremely hard to translate with any confidence or consistency between translators that isn't just, "I named it this so it was findable by people seeing other entries in Shiraso's works." If you like the games for their erotic content, there are about two dozen mangas from the same universe.

There is no real consensus among translators how it should be rendered. Since this was an AI translation and received 0 human intervention, it is just doing one of the several ways the words can be rendered according to whatever arcane internal logic it uses to approximate non-standard Japanese.

As to Ginger457's change from Quarta to Quota, that is definitely wrong. Kurenkisho is a nonsense phrase, but can be parsed as Brilliant Shining Crystal. As you play through the game (and read the manga series), there is a strong emphasis on the Gems that are the source of the heroines' power. All of the Quarta Knights are named after metals or gems across the series. Similar to how Emeraude is a nonsense rendition of Emerald, Quarta is very likely to be a nonsense rendition of Quartz. The full name being Brilliant Shining Crystal Quartz Emerald is clunky and ugly in English though. Rendering the fantasy nonsense Japanese into English is also complete nonsense though. So translators have in the past tried to reach some kind of compromise, which is why the fan translations use Quarta Knight Amethyst and Emerald, despite this not actually being even an approximation of the actual title.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4de64r3esa64sa

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019

The Japanese エメロード and クォルタ in Hepburn romanization would give emerōdo and kworuta, so it seems pretty clear to me that it’s supposed to be Émeraude as in French, as opposed to English “Emerald” (otherwise it would’ve been エメラルド emerarudo). As for Quolta, it doesn’t appear to be a real word—there might be a city in Ethiopia called “Quorta”, so that could be another option; but I don’t think it’s possible to interpret it as either “Quarta” or “Quota”.

I also don’t blame them for getting Amethyst wrong in the first game honestly, as the Japanese kana seem to be a transliteration of the German pronunciation as opposed to the English or French one.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Flagging that Chrome detects a virus in the ENG Patch when downloading from DLSite, so if you get a virus notification from the F95 download it's probably nothing to worry about. I strongly suspect it is a false positive, but I think I also figured out why the lag fix patch isn't working and why I was experiencing worse slow downs than playing in Japanese while I could still run the game.

The game files are all still in Japanese. It appears that the English patch is directly injecting the translation into the game as you play. This would be why it's being flagged as a virus, and since the battle system was already very prone to lag, adding in an additional step would cause catastrophic slow downs. No idea how to fix that problem though.

Ginger457

Jun 9, 2019
There has actually been some very lively conversations about this over in the Translation thread! The short answer is that Shiraso is doing some word play. The words are not real Japanese words, not the Japanese rendition of English words, nor a rendition of the names in non-English languages like French (not sure anyone has checked German). This makes them extremely hard to translate with any confidence or consistency between translators that isn't just, "I named it this so it was findable by people seeing other entries in Shiraso's works." If you like the games for their erotic content, there are about two dozen mangas from the same universe.

There is no real consensus among translators how it should be rendered. Since this was an AI translation and received 0 human intervention, it is just doing one of the several ways the words can be rendered according to whatever arcane internal logic it uses to approximate non-standard Japanese.

As to Ginger457's change from Quarta to Quota, that is definitely wrong. Kurenkisho is a nonsense phrase, but can be parsed as Brilliant Shining Crystal. As you play through the game (and read the manga series), there is a strong emphasis on the Gems that are the source of the heroines' power. All of the Quarta Knights are named after metals or gems across the series. Similar to how Emeraude is a nonsense rendition of Emerald, Quarta is very likely to be a nonsense rendition of Quartz. The full name being Brilliant Shining Crystal Quartz Emerald is clunky and ugly in English though. Rendering the fantasy nonsense Japanese into English is also complete nonsense though. So translators have in the past tried to reach some kind of compromise, which is why the fan translations use Quarta Knight Amethyst and Emerald, despite this not actually being even an approximation of the actual title.
I had prefaced that by saying it was taking creative liberties, obviously it's not an accurate phonetic reading, but it's also not a real word, so....
I'll admit I hadn't thought of Quartz though, and now that you mention it, it does feel like a better fit.

rageso

Oct 13, 2018
I do not recommend this release unless you are buying to support dev. If you want to pirate you can use MTool...

MuninKai and Waaifu, the lag fix is not applied because game files are packed in EN version. The lag or fixed .js in plugins is not loaded because it exists in the game itself.

You must use Enigma Virtual Box unpacker to unpack EN.exe, overwrite files in www/ with extracted contents from %DEFAULT FOLDER%, THEN apply the lag fix for it to work. I recommend deleting Game.exe and Game_EN.exe at this point, you use the unpacked exe.

But ,I hope MuninKai will continue his translation. There is more effort in it...

Last edited:

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I think Quolta or Quorta is more likely than Quarta, as English words beginning with quar- seem to get adapted as クオー kwō- in Japanese (cf. “quart”, “quarter”, which were borrowed as クオート kwōto, クオーター kwōtā). Another possibility would be Qualta. As for the names of the heroines, they’re not nonsense, or variations of the English words: emerōdo seems to be from the French émeraude, whereas ametyusu appears to reflect the German pronunciation of Amethyst.

As for Kurenkishō, it’s obviously made-up, but it’s not nonsense. 輝晶 kishō translates to “shining crystal”, but I’m not very confident regarding the 駆錬 kuren part. 駆 ku in compounds seems to impart a sense of doing something completely—as in 駆使 kushi “make full use of”, or 駆除 kujo “exterminate; wipe out”—, whereas 錬 ren seems to be mostly a variant of 練 ren, which means “train; refine”. (It appears as though the only word which uses 錬 and not 練 is 錬金術 renkinjutsu “alchemy” and its derivatives.) So my best guess is that 駆錬 kuren is supposed to mean something like “fully trained”, which would mean that 駆錬輝晶クォルタエメロード kurenkishō kworuta emerōdo could be translated more freely as “The Experienced Shining Crystal Quolta Emeraude”.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I think Quolta or Quorta is more likely than Quarta, as English words beginning with quar- seem to get adapted as クオー kwō- in Japanese (cf. “quart”, “quarter”, which were borrowed as クオート kwōto, クオーター kwōtā). Another possibility would be Qualta. As for the names of the heroines, they’re not nonsense, or variations of the English words: emerōdo seems to be from the French émeraude, whereas ametyusu appears to reflect the German pronunciation of Amethyst.

As for Kurenkishō, it’s obviously made-up, but it’s not nonsense. 輝晶 kishō translates to “shining crystal”, but I’m not very confident regarding the 駆錬 kuren part. 駆 ku in compounds seems to impart a sense of doing something completely—as in 駆使 kushi “make full use of”, or 駆除 kujo “exterminate; wipe out”—, whereas 錬 ren seems to be mostly a variant of 練 ren, which means “train; refine”. (It appears as though the only word which uses 錬 and not 練 is 錬金術 renkinjutsu “alchemy” and its derivatives.) So my best guess is that 駆錬 kuren is supposed to mean something like “fully trained”, which would mean that 駆錬輝晶クォルタエメロード kurenkishō kworuta emerōdo could be translated more freely as “The Experienced Shining Crystal Quolta Emeraude”.
Yeah, as I said, this conversation has already happened in the translation thread. I am taking some shortcuts to not rehash it entirely. For example, the reason I refer to it as nonsense is because it's not descriptive of anything in particular. Experienced Shining Crystal Quolta Emeraude is gibberish to an English speaker, even if 3/5 words is one you would recognise and one you could guess. One of the differences between an AI and manual translation is making decisions on how to translate things that are ambiguous, odd, or novel and there are more concerns than preserving textual accuracy.

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
Alright for those that don't know how or don't want to go through the effort to unpack the game here is the lag fix already applied to the english files. Credits to rageso for the battlelog fix and MuminKai for the fonts.

To apply just copy over the www directory with the files included in the archive, when asked to overwrite click yes. Then delete Game_EN.exe and just run the game from the normal Game.exe.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes