muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah, as I said, this conversation has already happened in the translation thread. I am taking some shortcuts to not rehash it entirely. For example, the reason I refer to it as nonsense is because it's not descriptive of anything in particular. Experienced Shining Crystal Quolta Emeraude is gibberish to an English speaker, even if 3/5 words is one you would recognise and one you could guess. One of the differences between an AI and manual translation is making decisions on how to translate things that are ambiguous, odd, or novel and there are more concerns than preserving textual accuracy.
I don’t quite understand how you can call it gibberish though, as it’s simply the heroine’s name and class/rank. Sure, the “experienced” part is a bit cryptic, and so is Quolta (although, if that’s just the name of her order, it could basically be likened to a title or honorific); but functionally, it’s the same as calling the game “Depressed Magical Girl Sapphire, Ph.D.” or something.

Reactions: ChupacabraGonzales

Jaster42

Feb 14, 2018
Is there some rule that every release of this series has to butcher the title? The previous one was Amethyst and instead rendered as Amadeus. And now we have Emeraude, which I don't even know that's supposed to be when it's clearly intended to be read as Emerald.

For those curious, Quolta (or Quarta) is the organization of knights the characters work for, which I might take some liberties with and render as Quota to emphasize their....let's say Lawful Neutral approach to justice. As in, more focused on quotas of patrols finished/killed enemies instead of reaching a long term solution.
I had taken a hand at doing a pass at the first one (mostly as an excuse to play it a lot more), I leaned more into the stone name set it seemed to use, labling the order the "Quartz Knights", which also plays into the less than 'good' focus.

Still glad to see another one of these.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I don’t quite understand how you can call it gibberish though, as it’s simply the heroine’s name and class/rank. Sure, the “experienced” part is a bit cryptic, and so is Quolta (although, if that’s just the name of her order, it could basically be likened to a title or honorific); but functionally, it’s the same as calling the game “Depressed Magical Girl Sapphire, Ph.D.” or something.
Depressed Magical Girl Sapphire is actual words in an order you have seen in the English language. It's actually very informative in terms of giving you an idea of the genre and so likely a hint at the story or common tropes to expect, and character (she's depressed). At the very least, it tells you that a humanoid is involved. Brilliant Shining Crystal Quolta Emeraude gives 0 information that is useful. It's a series of things that look like words in a meaningless order.

Also, again, rehashing the very thorough conversation in the translation thread, there is an established series of English translations to this series. Some things do get inherited.

namefake

Jul 25, 2017
so, durring the train scene i tried to fix my clothing using a skill. game crashed, and windows defender flagged 3 trojans. after running a malwarebytes scan and coming up empty, i am highly curious as to what happened in that interaction to make windows defender sound the alarms

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
so, durring the train scene i tried to fix my clothing using a skill. game crashed, and windows defender flagged 3 trojans. after running a malwarebytes scan and coming up empty, i am highly curious as to what happened in that interaction to make windows defender sound the alarms
It's the way they did the translation. The game files are still in Japanese. The Game_EN.exe contains English game files, and basically replaces them as you play. This uses code that looks like a trojan, because it is modifying the game files as you are using them. Download the lag fix patch and follow its instructions to fix the problem.

Anyone what is the mysterious number is? I got to ending and it sits at 8/10
The mysterious number relates to the boss in Stage 4. All the details (and plenty of spoilers) are in the GamePlayTips.txt file from the fan translation attached below.

Walkthrough guide attached for anyone searching for that!

missinlink

Jan 11, 2018
I've tried the lag fix patches suggested by some of the people in this thread, but I'm still experiencing a lot of lag from the combat log. Anybody have any ideas for fixing this?

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
I've tried the lag fix patches suggested by some of the people in this thread, but I'm still experiencing a lot of lag from the combat log. Anybody have any ideas for fixing this?
If you are still getting lag, even after applying the patch and following the directions completely for the patch, by that I mean you should be launching the game with Game.exe and not Game_EN.exe after OVERWRITING files, then your machine may just not be good enough.

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
I want to support this game because it's really good, but I also don't want to support lazy, terrible AI translations.

What to do...

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I want to support this game because it's really good, but I also don't want to support lazy, terrible AI translations.

What to do...
Wait for my fan translation to be finished!

Is there more outfits? can female run nude?
Only the one outfit. If you take enough clothing damage (or beat the game and get the Clothing Scissors) you can do a nude run.

Vallaim

Aug 8, 2019
i'm at the very start of the game and i'm still confused about difficulty differences.
The game didn't explain it well so can someone here tell me please?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
i'm at the very start of the game and i'm still confused about difficulty differences.
The game didn't explain it well so can someone here tell me please?
Increasing difficulty increases the effect of negative status effects on Emerald. Enemies and Emerald still have the same base stats no matter what difficulty you are on.

Some features that make the game easier are also not available on Hard or higher, such as warp crystals and certain stage gimmicks. On Normal/Easy once you have cured a Bad State you can cure it for free all subsequent times, on Hard you have to do the full remedy process every time.

The hardest difficulty also reduces the effectiveness of certain spells and abilities, and limits how much TP you can bank going into battle. The game is meant to be played on this difficulty.

Vallaim

Aug 8, 2019
Increasing difficulty increases the effect of negative status effects on Emerald. Enemies and Emerald still have the same base stats no matter what difficulty you are on.

Some features that make the game easier are also not available on Hard or higher, such as warp crystals and certain stage gimmicks. On Normal/Easy once you have cured a Bad State you can cure it for free all subsequent times, on Hard you have to do the full remedy process every time.

The hardest difficulty also reduces the effectiveness of certain spells and abilities, and limits how much TP you can bank going into battle. The game is meant to be played on this difficulty.
thanks, i think i'mma play on normal but i do wanna know, is there a difference between normal vs easy? aside from what you've said.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
thanks, i think i'mma play on normal but i do wanna know, is there a difference between normal vs easy? aside from what you've said.
Easy makes the debuffs from bad states pretty much irrelevant. I don't recommend it, as you will miss out on most of even the in-battle H-content. Normal is already very easy, and the only reason to not go up to Hard is that it disables some of the fast travel options, which can make the game a little tedious just from having to round around a bunch.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes