4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Vistaern

Aug 16, 2019
Hey, guys, have anyone ever had such error? I am a total dummy in python, so please help =(
This occurs in both manual-installed and "market" versions, with all possible renderers, when either trying to show someone in hire menu or even when moving a cursor over "????" persons in streets
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
Hi I have a bug when trying to grop the Mom, I think she's the only one with this bug. Any idea how to fix it? I'm playing with 0.34.4

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Fapmigo hotmike VonLost
I had that same error, and after some digging around, figured out what was going on. To get rid of that ".char" everywhere, instead of using some Pythonery, what Vren actually did was change the code of Ren'Py itself. The traces everyone posted (with exception thrown at line 675) are what happens if somehow the original Ren'py ast.py is used instead of the modded one (it's a line 687 there.)

I'm not sure what kind of mis-packaging causes this, but the fix is to find the ast.py mentioned in the trace and replace it with one in the attach.

(If it's caused by the SDK, as it did with mine, ofc, make sure that Lab Rats is the only game in that copy of the SDK...)

Reactions: hotmike

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Starbuck_role.rpy, 1923:
Code:
"As [the_person_one.possessive_title] starts to wander off, you get a moment with [the_person_one.title]."
should be the_person_two.title, as it's actually Cara who speaks next.

Reactions: Tristim

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
Fapmigo hotmike VonLost
I had that same error, and after some digging around, figured out what was going on. To get rid of that ".char" everywhere, instead of using some Pythonery, what Vren actually did was change the code of Ren'Py itself. The traces everyone posted (with exception thrown at line 675) are what happens if somehow the original Ren'py ast.py is used instead of the modded one (it's a line 687 there.)

I'm not sure what kind of mis-packaging causes this, but the fix is to find the ast.py mentioned in the trace and replace it with one in the attach.

(If it's caused by the SDK, as it did with mine, ofc, make sure that Lab Rats is the only game in that copy of the SDK...)
Thanks for you answer but I still don't get what I have to do.
Do i have to copy your file in the /game folder?

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Thanks for you answer but I still don't get what I have to do.
Do i have to copy your file in the /game folder?
It's not in the /game folder, but in the /renpy folder:

In your specific case, you should copy it here: D:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.34.4-market\renpy\ (For anyone else, it's the very last path mentioned in the trace, just before " raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))" text)

There's already file named ast.py there, copy the one from the attach over the old one, to be extra sure, also delete an ast.pyo file from there, the game will rebuild it from your new ast.py next time you start.

Then re-start the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fapmigo

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
It's not in the /game folder, but in the /renpy folder:

In your specific case, you should copy it here: D:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.34.4-market\renpy\ (For anyone else, it's the very last path mentioned in the trace, just before " raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))" text)

There's already file named ast.py there, copy the one from the attach over the old one, to be extra sure, also delete an ast.pyo file from there, the game will rebuild it from your new ast.py next time you start.

Then re-start the game.
Thanks amigo It worked (y)

Reactions: electricat

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
another funny one:
role_student.rpy, line 670
Code:
    if the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_masturbate", 0) == 0:
the issue is the counter is never created, so the branch where she acts like you asked her to do that before never works.
Adding
Code:
    $ the_person.event_triggers_dict["student_masturbate"] = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_masturbate", 0) + 1
at line 682, right between the two ifs, or somewhere like that should fix that.

nukeofwf

Oct 26, 2016
Still getting the error that vonlost supposedly gave the answer for, But did not find any instances in the starbuck role file.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10894, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10917, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 298, in script call
    $ advance_time_action_list[count].call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 362, in script
    if crisis.is_action_enabled():
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 362, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpy", line 39, in is_action_enabled
    requirement_return = self.check_requirement(extra_args)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4448, in check_requirement
    return self.requirement(*extra_args)
TypeError: 'Role' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10894, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10917, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 298, in script call
    $ advance_time_action_list[count].call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 362, in script
  File "H:\g\Lab Rats 2-v0 34 2-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.34.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1840, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "H:\g\Lab Rats 2-v0 34 2-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.34.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "H:\g\Lab Rats 2-v0 34 2-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.34.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 362, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpy", line 39, in is_action_enabled
    requirement_return = self.check_requirement(extra_args)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4448, in check_requirement
    return self.requirement(*extra_args)
TypeError: 'Role' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.34.5
Sun Nov 15 22:45:21 2020
Nothing in the traceback seems to point to an answer though.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Something from the mod content: Erica's yoga lesson, file Mods/Erica/Erica_Role.rpy lines 1679-1682:
Code:
            call screen serum_inventory_select_ui(mc.inventory)
            if not _return == "None":
                $ the_serum = _return
                if mc.business.inventory.get_serum_count(the_serum) > __builtin__.len([the_person, yoga_assistant] + yoga_list):
We're selecting serums from the MC's personal stash (and later that's where we are substracting them from) but we check for availability against the production stockpile. Can cause all kinds of weird inventory situations.

Correct line 1682 should be:
Code:
                if mc.inventory.get_serum_count(the_serum) > __builtin__.len([the_person, yoga_assistant] + yoga_list):

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Further issue with Erica's yoga, in one of the possible post-lesson outcomes you end up with the wrong person's stats in the HUD, and possibly other glitchiness :
Mods/Erica/Erica_Role.rpy lines 1768-1769
Code:
            $ scene_manager.remove_actor(the_person)
            $ remaining_person = the_person
It should be
Code:
            $ scene_manager.remove_actor(yoga_assistant)
            $ remaining_person = the_person

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Ok, this is more of a weird thing than a bug, but it's possible to permanently lock a person out of most threesomes (that includes Sarah) by just sheer bad luck.

what is happening is that Mods/Threesome/Threesome_core.rpy has this:
Code:
def willing_to_threesome(person_one, person_two):    #Use this function to check and see if two people are willing to engage in a threesome
        # only allow threesomes when we had sex before (without condom)
        if person_one.has_taboo(["sucking_cock", "condomless_sex"]):
            return False
        if person_two.has_taboo(["sucking_cock", "condomless_sex"]):
            return False
However, in the Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy, lines 608 on :
Code:
            if the_person.effective_sluttiness("condomless_sex") < the_person.get_no_condom_threshold() + 50:
                # she is not slutty enough and we have the condom dialog
                call condom_ask_enhanced(the_person) from _call_condom_ask_bugfix
                $ willing = _return
                if willing == 0:
                    $ ask_for_condom = False # we don't have vag/anal sex so if player tries again, she will ask for condom again
                else:
                    $ use_condom = mc.condom
            else:
                # she is so slutty we are going to fuck her raw (we don't care anymore)
                if the_position.skill_tag == "Vaginal":
                    mc.name "I'm going to fuck your little pussy raw."
                else:
                    mc.name "I'm going to fuck your slutty asshole raw."
        elif use_condom:  # you already determined you are going to fuck her with condom
            "You quickly put on another condom and continue to fuck her."
            $ mc.condom = True

return willing
It is possible (if a girl never had vaginal/anal with low enough sluttiness to ask but high enough to actually break it) to leapfrog past that only taboo break opportunity, as it only happens if she actually asks for (no) condom.

The easiest fix is to change the Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy line 608 to this:
Code:
if the_person.effective_sluttiness("condomless_sex") < the_person.get_no_condom_threshold() + 50 or the_person.has_taboo("condomless_sex"):
That way even if she somehow leapfrogged over the sluttiness requirement while still having the taboo, she would still ask at least once.

Last edited:

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
Hello again, I'm playing with the last mod version, and ever since I gave the maid punishment, I have this bug for every action I do which makes the game unplayable now:

Reactions: fireduck

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Fapmigo hotmike VonLost

I've added an ast_override.rpy to the mod, that should solve the problem of copying a custom rpy into the renpy core libraries.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hello again, I'm playing with the last mod version, and ever since I gave the maid punishment, I have this bug for every action I do which makes the game unplayable now:

I found the cause of this bug and passed it along to hopefully make its way into the bugfix over the next couple of days. Unfortunately it is a vanilla LR2 issue. I have instructions on how to deal with it on the discord channel.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

We found the issue, it's in the original code from VREN, it will be fixed in the next release (or download the latest beta), won't fix corrupted game, since the faulty action is added to the mandatory crisis list (if you are handy with the console you can remove the crisis items with: remove_mandatory_crisis_list_action("employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement" ).

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
LZ_Starbuck Tristim
Is SB_anal_cowgirl kept out of the main sex position list and only used in GiC stuff intentionally?

I see some comments it's still work in progress (and there's a slight bug with wrong taboo break scene being called) but it would be nice to have a non-doggy anal option, as right now if a girl hates doggy, she can't actually have any anal sex, except as part of the DP or in GiC scenes, even if she otherwise loves it.

I put up a merge request, just disregard it, or only get the typo fixes if it's actually intentional.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
LZ_Starbuck Tristim
Is SB_anal_cowgirl kept out of the main sex position list and only used in GiC stuff intentionally?

I see some comments it's still work in progress (and there's a slight bug with wrong taboo break scene being called) but it would be nice to have a non-doggy anal option, as right now if a girl hates doggy, she can't actually have any anal sex, except as part of the DP or in GiC scenes, even if she otherwise loves it.

I put up a merge request, just disregard it, or only get the typo fixes if it's actually intentional.
Cowgirl was written more with the girl in charge aspect in mind, it might sound kind of odd, from a narrative point of view changed to a regular sex position. I'd like to make a anal variant of piledriver sometime... Maybe I should do a little 'research' for inspiration purposes and get to it.

Reactions: electricat
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes