4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Installed 0.33.6 then when running the tutorial had the system crash due to animations. Reloaded and skipped the tutorial and went to game then got option to skip animation. Running just fine now.
You can also go into Preferences from the games Main Menu and enable/disable animations there, in case you actually wanted to play through the Intro & Tutorial. But it's a bit worrying that the animations caused a system crash! o_O :oops: :eek:

Reactions: Burt

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Installed 0.33.6 then when running the tutorial had the system crash due to animations. Reloaded and skipped the tutorial and went to game then got option to skip animation. Running just fine now.
Animations are not supported in the mod, if they work, good for you, if they don't, well that happens. The animation code is 'flaky' at best, uses a lot of system resources and causes crashes for many people (modded or not) and personally I don't like the big blue boxes on screen. Also, that's why the mod gives a warning when you start the game about the animations...

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
So, back again to report on how things have gone with LR2 v0.33.3 with the v0.33.6 Bugfix & Mod files dated 07/11/2020. I did a completely clean and fresh install, having deleted everything from my LR2 install folder, including save games and the "persistent" file, also deleted the "C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508" folder to ensure everything was deleted so that I would start totally with a completely clean install. Installed LR2 v0.33.3 and then installed the v0.33.6 Bugfix & Mod files dated 07/11/2020 on top.

Started a New Game, selected to play the Intro and Tutorial, got to the part where Jennifer speaks to you for the first time and got the first error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Selected the "Rollback" option and carried on, went to the interview and then returned home, shortly after I got the next error:

This time I selected the "Ignore" option and carried on, only to get the third error when Lily arrives:

Once again I selected "Ignore" and continued, very soon the fourth error showed up during the conversation between the MC, Jennifer and Lily:

Yet again I clicked on that "Ignore" button, managed to get to the next part where I speak with Stephanie on the phone and then go to meet her. Right at the start of the meeting the fifth error showed up:

I hit that "Ignore" button yet again and was able to get through the last part of the Intro and Tutorial without any more errors! Got back to the MC's bedroom, the Intro and Tutorial finished, and once the game had loaded to the part where I had the in-game menu show up I went through the Mod Settings, Mod Config, Change Event Occurence and Body Preferences settings, imported my Exported Wardrobe and then saved the game. After that I exited the game and fired up my browser so I could come here to report all of this!

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Well played, remember back in the day before mods, where this game loading the same version replay as the game and your computer spontaneously combusts into flames?

1604914973095.png

Reactions: Zel zaraki

Jorenthar

Donor
Apr 15, 2018
I'll just wait for the next update of the mod. I got like 3-4 hours played on my first mod save file I started with yesterday and a 6+ hour of the vanilla one so I aint making a new save for a while :p
I'm still catching up to a bunch of stuff so >_>

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
@GrizzlyUK
Thanks for the detailed reports hopefully it helps Tristim and his team
I never use rollback as it has its own issues reintroducing issues to safe code and to be honest I cant remember ever playing the intro as I generally skip it but it was nice to see that some people do

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
@GrizzlyUK
Thanks for the detailed reports hopefully it helps Tristim and his team
I never use rollback as it has its own issues reintroducing issues to safe code and to be honest I cant remember ever playing the intro as I generally skip it but it was nice to see that some people do
Thank you, just trying to do what I can to help Tristim and team figure out what's going wrong. The traceback.txt only provides a part of the information, adding in details of what you were doing, where your character was, who you were talking to, basically adding anything and everything you can think of, adds much more to the error report. Sometimes the smallest piece of information could be the key to revealing exactly why that error occured at that particular time. *shrug* I just hope my reports can help shine a little more light on the what's and why's of the errors I've had show up.

Reactions: Burt and jimdandy

Ovgath

Jul 22, 2018
I just started the game. Ive run into this error after applying the bug fix. Im not a coder. so I dont know what to do or how to fix this.

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
I just started the game. Ive run into this error after applying the bug fix. Im not a coder. so I dont know what to do or how to fix this.
You likely have the wrong versions of the base game + bugfix. Looks like you're using the 0.33.6 bug fix with the 0.34.1 base game. Both versions need to match.

0.34.1 bug fix isn't out yet, your immediate options are to download the 0.33.6 full game download on the main page of this thread, or play 0.34.1 without the mod/bugfix. It's definitely worth playing with the mod!

Last edited:

lineguy74

Sep 26, 2020
On building the dungeon I got the call, paid and waited a couple weeks in game at no point I got a call or showing the dungeon. Do i need to wait longer? Is there a console command to just have the dungeon unlocked. I saw the command to have the call intro start again but thats it. Thank you guys

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
On building the dungeon I got the call, paid and waited a couple weeks in game at no point I got a call or showing the dungeon. Do i need to wait longer? Is there a console command to just have the dungeon unlocked. I saw the command to have the call intro start again but thats it. Thank you guys
It should have shown up already, it normally takes about 1 week for it to show.

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
I had the same thing with 0.33.6. Got the call that it was completed, but never showed up on the map.

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
There it was a bug in the Map related to the disappearing people fixed a couple of weeks ago: maybe you aren't using the latest Mods build, so expect to have (maybe) disappearing people during your gameplay.
Anyway, if you didn't got the phone call back from the contractor that inform you the dungeon have been built, use the following commands in the consolle:
mc.business.event_triggers_dict["dungeon_owned"] = True
dungeon.visible = True

They should fix your issue.

I had the same thing with 0.33.6. Got the call that it was completed, but never showed up on the map.
It's strange that you got this problem with 0.33.6, maybe you updated the Mods but still used an 'old' savefile ?
Anyway, since you got the phone call back from the contractor, you can just use this command:
dungeon.visible = True

Enjoy ! :)

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Yeah if I was you I would run the latest full version
It is the kind of error that can be from loading the Vanilla Vern latest update and a bugfix which is not compatable with the release version of the bug update from this thread.
It is also the error you will get when using unren on a game with unren protection in the code though I have never had this with Vern's games.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer the_person is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 10915, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 10912, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 11029, in script call
  File "chat_actions.rpyc", line 1413, in script call
  File "grope_descriptions.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "personality_types/special_personalities/bimbo_personality.rpyc", line 268, in script
  File "F:\Games\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.34.2-market\renpy\ast.py", line 685, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer the_person is not a function or string.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.34.2
Fri Nov 13 15:40:57 2020

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
I keep getting this exception when crises advance time:

I usually can correct bugs myself, but I'm not a Python expert and I don't fully understand what's happening there.

edit: Yurij pretty much reported the same problem while I was writing mine.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes