4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
My first thought: Are the Animations disabled?
Of course. On one hand the animations hurt my eye, on the other, as far as I know the modded version does not even work with the animations. No, this is strictly related to the clothing. For some reason, occasionally removing certain clothing objects hangs the game (meaning I have to nuke it from task manager). I only observed it with clothing so far. The resource management seems OK (though the game does eats quite a lot of memory in my opinion, around 600 Mb), there are no processing spikes, or increasing memory consumption, the game just stops, and... waits.
I did a search on the PC, and this dwm.exe seems to be some kind of AMD processor related windows file (strangely there are four of them by the way), as its location (copied one of them, but all of them similar) is this monster:
c:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ndowmanager-process_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.508_none_120d89642422ebd2\r\dwm.exe
So it is quite possible that I may need to change computer to play the game, or wait until someone fix the issue (interesting thing is, the processor is I7, so why an amd file causes problems...) :eek:

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
(interesting thing is, the processor is I7, so why an amd file causes problems...)
That is because Intel licensed AMDs 64 Bit Instruction Set many years ago, since the one Intel invented (Itanium) was crap. Since that time every Intel x86 64 Bit-CPU uses the AMD 64 Instruction Set.

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
After hunting around in the net, this seems to be a RenPy issue, and only occurs for a small number of people. I thought, that after dealing with the full screen vibration issue, the game would run properly, but no. Is there a way to check RenPy version, and could updating it can break the game itself? I mean if it is engine issue, maybe the update of it could solve the problem (or downgrade of it, as I did play this game in the past without this problem).

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
After hunting around in the net, this seems to be a RenPy issue, and only occurs for a small number of people. I thought, that after dealing with the full screen vibration issue, the game would run properly, but no. Is there a way to check RenPy version, and could updating it can break the game itself? I mean if it is engine issue, maybe the update of it could solve the problem (or downgrade of it, as I did play this game in the past without this problem).
You could try switching the renpy graphics rendering engine

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Started a new game after a clean install of LR2 33.1 followed by LR2 v0.33.5 Bugfix files dated 01/11/2020 01:56 & LR2 v0.33.5 Mod files dated 01/11/2020 01:58. Selected to play the Intro & Tutorial and when I got to the point where mom showed up I got the following error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Clicked the "Ignore" and continued with the tutorial, after the conversation with Stephanie and being dropped back in my bedroom I went through the Mod Settings, Mod Config, Event Occurence and Body Prefs settings, imported my outfits from my "Exported_Wardrobe.xml" then saved the game, exited and popped in here to report the error. I'll start another new game and go through the tutorial to see if the error will pop again, will return in a bit to update with the results of that.

EDIT: So, started a new game and selected to play the Intro and Tutorial, when I got to the point where mom appears the same error popped. This time I tried selecting Rollback and I got about 2 more scenes then the same error popped again. Hit the Ignore and continued playing. All was well, up until I went to meet Stephanie at the business for the look round. As soon as she appeared I got a new, although similar, error:

Hit the Ignore once more and continued on. Completed the tour round the business, after which I selected the option to "Go somewhere" and saw that there were events at the Mall, Gym, Salon and Sex Shop so I went to the Mall first. Spoke to the Lifestyle Coach and got the following error:

At that point I decided there was clearly something wrong and figured it was probably best to save & exit so I could update this post with the newer errors and then wait for someone to offer some insight and maybe a possible solution. :unsure:
You should start with original LR2 v0.33.3 (or v0.33.2), since the images are not packed correctly in version 0.33.1, then apply the patches and start a new game, there are still some issues with in the base code, so my advice is to get the beta of the bugfix, I will probably do one more release before making changes for v0.34.x.

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
You could try switching the renpy graphics rendering engine
I have to say, it solves the problem, but only if I use software renderer. With DirectX game vibrates on full screen, with OpenGL it stops, but with software rendering, it works. Only downside is, you cannot use full screen with this one, and I use a 4K monitor, so the game window is quite tiny...
But thanks, that actually worked.

Reactions: essay16v

novastorm76

Jun 20, 2017
Hi,

I started a new game with 0.33.5, and had two complete HR-Meetings in the same time frame (Morning). After the first meeting finished, I got a call from marketing, that they sold the Dengue-Fever patents, right after that, a new HR-Meeting started.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Funny.

One of my work-girls with 1 kid asked for a place for her daughter. Since I'm a complete degenerate, I "hesistantly" agreed.
And knoked her up.
I mean: her and her daughter (let the race begin...)

Sooo, "mom" gave birth, her "kids" counter now is 2.
Another 2 weeks and she asked for a work for her second daughter, who just turned 18...

I know, that today kids grow fast, but...

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
Funny.

One of my work-girls with 1 kid asked for a place for her daughter. Since I'm a complete degenerate, I "hesistantly" agreed.
And knoked her up.
I mean: her and her daughter (let the race begin...)

Sooo, "mom" gave birth, her "kids" counter now is 2.
Another 2 weeks and she asked for a work for her second daughter, who just turned 18...

I know, that today kids grow fast, but...
Here's another fun one.

MC gets Mom and Daughter preggo, they both live in the same house. Mom sends kid to her mother, so she can resume some sort of normal work(or however it's described in game). Daughter sends her kid to her mom for the same reason. That means mom just shipped out one kid only to get her daughter's in return, either way mom is stuck +1 kid. lol

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Hi,

I started a new game with 0.33.5, and had two complete HR-Meetings in the same time frame (Morning). After the first meeting finished, I got a call from marketing, that they sold the Dengue-Fever patents, right after that, a new HR-Meeting started.
Check if Sarah is listed as HR director one or two times...
screenshot0003.jpg
If 'HR Director' is listed two times, use the following consolle command:
the_person.remove_role(HR_director_role)
one time to remove one of them.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
You should start with original LR2 v0.33.3 (or v0.33.2), since the images are not packed correctly in version 0.33.1, then apply the patches and start a new game, there are still some issues with in the base code, so my advice is to get the beta of the bugfix, I will probably do one more release before making changes for v0.34.x.
Thanks for the advice, after my post you quoted I went off to get some much needed sleep and started fresh the next day, which is when I realized I was using the wrong version of LR2! :oops: Grabbed LR2 v0.33.3 and once that was downloaded I did a fresh install of the base game follwed by LR2 v0.33.5 Bugfix files (01/11/2020 01:56) & Mod files (01/11/2020 01:58) and then started a new game. That didn't seem to fix things as I still got errors whenever a female character appeared! I even tried lowering the games memory usage setting down from Medium to Low. That made zero difference, I continued to get "KeyError: <'Image' u'character_images/*" related errors, but worse was to come when I began kissing someone! I got a whole bunch of errors that eventually resulted in the game just shutting down! I've kept copies of the traceback.txt files as well as the log.txt files in case you might want to take a look at them to see what was happening. Meanwhile, I'll grab the latest bugfix and mod files and start another clean install later.

Oh, Tristim, while I remember, just wanted to let you know that I'll be resuming my reports on spelling, grammar and other errors over on the gitgud LR2mods issues page. Already found a few while checking some files! :cool: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the advice, after my post you quoted I went off to get some much needed sleep and started fresh the next day, which is when I realized I was using the wrong version of LR2! :oops: Grabbed LR2 v0.33.3 and once that was downloaded I did a fresh install of the base game follwed by LR2 v0.33.5 Bugfix files (01/11/2020 01:56) & Mod files (01/11/2020 01:58) and then started a new game. That didn't seem to fix things as I still got errors whenever a female character appeared! I even tried lowering the games memory usage setting down from Medium to Low. That made zero difference, I continued to get "KeyError: <'Image' u'character_images/*" related errors, but worse was to come when I began kissing someone! I got a whole bunch of errors that eventually resulted in the game just shutting down! I've kept copies of the traceback.txt files as well as the log.txt files in case you might want to take a look at them to see what was happening. Meanwhile, I'll grab the latest bugfix and mod files and start another clean install later.

Oh, Tristim, while I remember, just wanted to let you know that I'll be resuming my reports on spelling, grammar and other errors over on the gitgud LR2mods issues page. Already found a few while checking some files! :cool: :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Strange, the bugfix contains custom image loaders that validates all images at startup (with renpy.loadable()) before adding them to the loading indexes, any not loadable image should return an empty image. Have you tried the 'full package', since I'm not able to reproduce this.

As for the 'spell checking' all help is appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: Burt

novastorm76

Jun 20, 2017
Check if Sarah is listed as HR director one or two times...
View attachment 888518
If 'HR Director' is listed two times, use the following consolle command:
the_person.remove_role(HR_director_role)
one time to remove one of them.
Sarah is only listed one time as HR Director.

It also happened again:
1. HR-Meeting
2. event before next time slot: Hire family of employee
3. HR-Meeting the second
4. event before next time slot: Hire family of employee
5. HR-Meeting the third
6. No event -> advance to next time slot

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Sarah is only listed one time as HR Director.

It also happened again:
1. HR-Meeting
2. event before next time slot: Hire family of employee
3. HR-Meeting the second
4. event before next time slot: Hire family of employee
5. HR-Meeting the third
6. No event -> advance to next time slot
You were absolutely right: I found that in the 'Monday meeting' label there it was a string that added the meeting again every week... To fix your gameplay, open the consolle and use the command:
mc.business.mandatory_crises_list.remove(HR_director_monday_meeting_action)
as many times as there are the 'extra undesired meetings'.
To avoid the action to be added again, edit the file \game\Mods\Sarah\role_HR_supervisor.rpy and remove the line 583:
$ add_hr_director_monday_meeting_action(the_person)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your report and your patience.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Strange, the bugfix contains custom image loaders that validates all images at startup (with renpy.loadable()) before adding them to the loading indexes, any not loadable image should return an empty image. Have you tried the 'full package', since I'm not able to reproduce this.

As for the 'spell checking' all help is appreciated, thank you.
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering if maybe there's something wrong with the LR2 v0.33.3 I downloaded. While I've got your attention here, I think you might want to check the following three traceback.txt files that popped for me last night (not "KeyError: <'Image' u'character_images/*" related errors). I'd gone to my bedroom at the end of the day and slept for the night. Got up in the morning and an event started at home, something with Jennifer and Lily in Lily's bedroom.

Clicked on the "Rollback" button and shortly after I got this one:

Once again I clicked on the "Rollback" button and then I got this:

Right after that the game just dropped me right at the start of the New Game process where you have to confirm your age! Fortunately I didn't lose any progress because I've been making a save every couple of minutes due to the number of errors I'm getting. I have a copy of the log.txt for that game session as well, just in case you want to take a look at that to maybe help you figure out what was going on. Just let me know if you want to see that one, or if you want any other info.

I actually started the download of the 'full package' a little earlier (figured it would be easier so as to ensure I do have the correct LR2 v0.33.3), but with my crappy "broadband" I've still got another 35 minutes until it completes. Once I've got that I'll delete my current LR2 install and start fresh once again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Burt and Tristim

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
Have the bugs with erica's yoga class been fixed yet? I've basically memorized the line 1771 error xD, where the remaining_person isn't initialized... Also a bit further, there was a comparison mistake at the "Ask her to join the orgy with you" label, "<" instead of ">".

These are very likely to already been fixed, but saying, just in case. ^^

Reactions: Tristim

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering if maybe there's something wrong with the LR2 v0.33.3 I downloaded. While I've got your attention here, I think you might want to check the following three traceback.txt files that popped for me last night (not "KeyError: <'Image' u'character_images/*" related errors). I'd gone to my bedroom at the end of the day and slept for the night. Got up in the morning and an event started at home, something with Jennifer and Lily in Lily's bedroom.

Clicked on the "Rollback" button and shortly after I got this one:

Once again I clicked on the "Rollback" button and then I got this:

Right after that the game just dropped me right at the start of the New Game process where you have to confirm your age! Fortunately I didn't lose any progress because I've been making a save every couple of minutes due to the number of errors I'm getting. I have a copy of the log.txt for that game session as well, just in case you want to take a look at that to maybe help you figure out what was going on. Just let me know if you want to see that one, or if you want any other info.

I actually started the download of the 'full package' a little earlier (figured it would be easier so as to ensure I do have the correct LR2 v0.33.3), but with my crappy "broadband" I've still got another 35 minutes until it completes. Once I've got that I'll delete my current LR2 install and start fresh once again!
Figured I should add a brief update, when the 'full package' completed I extracted the archive and was rather surprised to find that the folder and file structure was ..... different? Obviously I realized that it is due to *.rpy files etc being packed into *.rpa files. So no easy access to edit files to make corrections and/or fixes without unpacking the *.rpa files first! :eek:

Think I'll just stick with using the base game and install the Bugfix and Mod on top of that. Going to try doing a completely clean, fresh install by deleting ALL the contents of my LR2 install including the folder tucked away at "C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508". I hadn't actually updated LR2 since v0.29.1 so maybe starting totally clean and fresh could be a good thing?

Tristim were those 3 traceback.txt files any use/help in figuring out what might be going on?

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Figured I should add a brief update, when the 'full package' completed I extracted the archive and was rather surprised to find that the folder and file structure was ..... different? Obviously I realized that it is due to *.rpy files etc being packed into *.rpa files. So no easy access to edit files to make corrections and/or fixes without unpacking the *.rpa files first! :eek:

Think I'll just stick with using the base game and install the Bugfix and Mod on top of that. Going to try doing a completely clean, fresh install by deleting ALL the contents of my LR2 install including the folder tucked away at "C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508". I hadn't actually updated LR2 since v0.29.1 so maybe starting totally clean and fresh could be a good thing?

Tristim were those 3 traceback.txt files any use/help in figuring out what might be going on?
Yes, thank you, tracebacks always give more information, it doesn't help always, but most of the time it gives a good indication of what is going on. As for the rpa files in the 'full download', they can be easily extracted using https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/ , use the dev 0.9 version.

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
Installed 0.33.6 then when running the tutorial had the system crash due to animations. Reloaded and skipped the tutorial and went to game then got option to skip animation. Running just fine now.

Reactions: Metalmania

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Yes, thank you, tracebacks always give more information, it doesn't help always, but most of the time it gives a good indication of what is going on. As for the rpa files in the 'full download', they can be easily extracted using https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/ , use the dev 0.9 version.
Yeah, I know I could use UnRen (already had v0.8 but didn't know v0.9 was available, so thanks for that reminder) but it's the time it takes to unpack all the *.rpa files. I could just use the base game + Bugfix & Mod option and get on with editing files and playing, or I could use the "full download" option and then wait for however long it takes UnRen to finish unpacking everything before I'm able to start editing any files, let alone playing. Never been good at sitting and waiting, too impatient for my own good sometimes! :ROFLMAO: With that said, I'm gonna see how things go with using LR2 v0.33.3 with the new v0.33.6 Bugfix & Mod files! Maybe the newer fixes will sort the problems I was having? Won't know if I don't test it! :unsure: o_O :LOL:

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes