4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
Any chance to get some of the current opinions to have an in-game effect? For example, if a person loves to wear heels, to wear heels all the time? It could be tied in with their wardrobe events as well like someone asking you for advice for clothes to suggest Skirts if they love to wear skirts. This should also override their Slut status where they would prefer to still wear the minimum sluttiness [outfit type] if they love wearing that even if it exceeds their Slut status.

The same can be said for things like "Hates threesomes", then why do they still happily trigger threesome events? Or insists on taking clothes off to the point of being naked when they love to wear lingerie but hate being completely naked? Then why do they want to take off their lingerie so badly?

Reactions: SpikyHair

VonLost

Apr 22, 2019
Yurij

the problem is inside /mods/starbuck/starbuck_role.rpy where a function was not called - .char was missed a lot in the dialogue in the two new sections:.

label starbuck_cargo_shipment_label(the_person): (line 2278)

every instance of 'the_person ' (the_person with a trailing space) should be 'the_person.char '

label starbuck_candace_product_demo_label(the_person_one): (line 1879)

every instance of 'the_person_one ' should be 'the_person_one.char' and 'the_person_two ' should be 'the_person_two.char '

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
So, I'm back (again) and I'm not sure what's happening in my game. I don't get any vaginal/anal options with Sarah on "normal" sex initiation, even though I did get them right after her epic boobs event. (Seems that I didn't, as no taboos were broken.)

Now I see this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and no other options (both in the "employee shows up at your door drunk" event and in normal MC-initioated sex, like here.)

ADD: I looked up the source, this seems to be intentional... But it is sort of confusing with all those options just hidden without explanation, and also can cause issues with events where you're supposed to have a normal range of sex options...

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
So, I'm back (again) and I'm not sure what's happening in my game. I don't get any vaginal/anal options with Sarah on "normal" sex initiation, even though I did get them right after her epic boobs event. (Seems that I didn't, as no taboos were broken.)

Now I see this:
and no other options (both in the "employee shows up at your door drunk" event and in normal MC-initioated sex, like here.)

ADD: I looked up the source, this seems to be intentional... But it is sort of confusing with all those options just hidden without explanation, and also can cause issues with events where you're supposed to have a normal range of sex options...
Progress down here quest line to open more sex options.
She looks like she has "Hate" on those 2 so she will never allow them in normal game play but you will get them during a quest event but it will only be during the quest event.
At the bottom of the screen where the cheat menu is there is the "Opinions" and you can change the "Hate" to any other opinion you like for her and any other NPC.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Progress down here quest line to open more sex options.
She looks like she has "Hate" on those 2 so she will never allow them in normal game play but you will get them during a quest event but it will only be during the quest event.
At the bottom of the screen where the cheat menu is there is the "Opinions" and you can change the "Hate" to any other opinion you like for her and any other NPC.
No, it's not hate, hate still displays the options, they're just greyed out. (And she actually loves vaginal.) Anyway, I just deleted the filters that were preventing her from having normal sex until that long line of pre-Monday meeting events ends.

EDIT:
in the console, while Sarah is the_person...
Code:
the_person.event_triggers_dict.pop('vaginal_position_filter')
the_person.event_triggers_dict.pop('anal_position_filter')

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
And, good old-fashioned trace:

While trying to punish two girls arguing over fridge.

It seems that this same typo (infraction instead of Infraction) is all over the code rn. ( Vren's game/crises/relationship_crises line 672 and 772, which is probably where it originated, was copied over to that place in cat_fight and also to Mods/Crisis/friends_help-friends_be_sluts.rpy lines 350, 457 and Mods/Crisis/Catch_Masturbation.rpy line 76. )

If it's fixed in cat_fight, there's this, which is weird, because if I understood the patchnotes this should actually work...
Reverting to the old "the_person_one.char" way of writing this helps...

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
No, it's not hate, hate still displays the options, they're just greyed out. (And she actually loves vaginal.) Anyway, I just deleted the filters that were preventing her from having normal sex until that long line of pre-Monday meeting events ends.

EDIT:
in the console, while Sarah is the_person...
Code:
the_person.event_triggers_dict.pop('vaginal_position_filter')
the_person.event_triggers_dict.pop('anal_position_filter')
Your posted pic hate.jpg
You posted a pic that had 2 in the hate zone and no more than what is in the pic for sex options, this tells me you have not gone down her complete quest line which happens late on Saturday's when you work all day.
The more dates you go on with her when she comes to office late on Saturday the more sex options comes up.

Using the cheat code to bypass the quest could have broken your game.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Your posted pic View attachment 899342
You posted a pic that had 2 in the hate zone and no more than what is in the pic for sex options, this tells me you have not gone down her complete quest line which happens late on Saturday's when you work all day.
The more dates you go on with her when she comes to office late on Saturday the more sex options comes up.

Using the cheat code to bypass the quest could have broken your game.
Sorry, I just misunderstood you then. The mechanism to completely hide entire sections of sex positions menu like that is something that wasn't there last time I played a few months ago, and I still don't really get the logic of locking them out for Sarah.

As for gamebreaking consequences... I did quickly look it up it seems there are none, and, in any case, half of this game charm is messing around with code.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Sorry, I just misunderstood you then. The mechanism to completely hide entire sections of sex positions menu like that is something that wasn't there last time I played a few months ago, and I still don't really get the logic of locking them out for Sarah.

As for gamebreaking consequences... I did quickly look it up it seems there are none, and, in any case, half of this game charm is messing around with code.
Does it stops her dates now that you have unlock the sex with her with the cheat codes?

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Does it stops her dates now that you have unlock the sex with her with the cheat codes?
No, essentially what those console commands do is delete the custom function used to build the sex menu. That function checks if you had the drinks/darts night with Sarah and if you did, it displays sex positions as normal. It's really a self-contained thing as best as I can tell, the quest doesn't depend on it in any way. Deleting those 2 just reverts the behaviour of the sex menu to default for vaginal/anal.

If anyone wishes to do it, it's safe with vaginal and anal but don't try to delete her foreplay filter, that one is part of how generic titfuck is replaced with her special version, which is a more complex piece of code and will break if you just delete the filter. Completing the breast serum quest (with "epic" option) is the only way to really unlock that without some unforeseen consequences.

Last edited:

Tam

Aug 28, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer the_person is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 10915, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 10912, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 11029, in script call
  File "chat_actions.rpyc", line 1413, in script call
  File "grope_descriptions.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "personality_types/general_personalities/introvert_personality.rpyc", line 244, in script
  File "D:\H\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.34.3-market\renpy\ast.py", line 685, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer the_person is not a function or string.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.34.3
Sun Nov 15 13:29:54 2020

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Flirting with Emily (the student) while she's on campus causes her to change from the uniform to her casual clothes for some reason...

Also, although I'm positive she didn't get any serums before, when I tried to give her some for the first time at home, the dialog went as if she had one before... ADD; And the option isn't there at all on campus. I looked up event_trigger_dict, and the flagging looks like it's correct, so I'm not sure why it's happening..

Last edited:

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
So, serum option not being there on campus, I think the problem is here:
/game/game_roles/role_student.rpy line 245
Code:
elif the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("times_studied_university",0) or mc.inventory.get_any_serum_count() == 0:
        pass #Don't talk about serum the first time or if we don't have any on us.
Well, it should be the other way around, but even then, the times_studied_university is already increased by that point in code and is never 0.

Code:
elif the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("times_studied_university",0) == 1 or mc.inventory.get_any_serum_count() == 0:
        pass #Don't talk about serum the first time or if we don't have any on us.
is the simplest fix, works as intended by comment both first and subsequent times. (at least I think, I didn't have an old save where she's introduced but not tutored and used console to change the event dictionary to see.)

I'll try to see why giving it to her at home for ther first time doesn't work as expected...

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
The first-time serum dialog doesn't trigger because role_student.rpy line 411, needs a check for a null:
Code:
if the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_given_serum") == 0:
should be
Code:
if the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_given_serum", 0) == 0:
After that the first-time serum branch activates as expected (the check's already there in the on-campus variant...)

Reactions: Tristim

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

VREN changed something in the renpy libraries so the .char is no longer needed, It works for any Sayer that has a .char property.

Reactions: electricat

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Not to sound like backseat driver, but Tristim , the fix you committed to the bugfix for the missing evaluator problem would let you give her serum the very first tutoring session (because the increment happens earlier in the code and the value is never actually 0 in that if) which is clearly not the Vren's intention.

As for .char thing, I honestly am not advanced enough Python coder to know how operator overloads and things like that are done there exactly, and didn't see it happening again, so, honestly, no idea why it happened or what else to do about it.

Reactions: Tristim
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes