4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

BortBit

Aug 25, 2018
LZ_Starbuck

Did anything I provide assist at all with tracking down what might be going on? I can't say I'm much of a coder, but I've got a basic familiarity and I'm reasonably confident in my troubleshooting skills, and I'm not seeing anything that's obviously an error. Unless there's some issue under the hood with the scene_manager function or somesuch.

Last edited:

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
Anyone else have Lily disappear from the game after you agree to let her test serums? For me she is just poof, gone.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Anyone else have Lily disappear from the game after you agree to let her test serums? For me she is just poof, gone.
In the base game she is at college during the day.
Have you used the phone to ask her where she is at?
Or is that not even available?

Aug 21, 2016
Requests:

1) In the outfit editor, when you add one piece of clothing, add another piece of clothing, then remove the first piece of clothing, the removal of the first piece of clothing is not registered in the sluttiness calculation.

2) Please allow the modification of sluttiness values for certain traits and items. For instance, high heels are not slutty. Women wear them in professional contexts every day. Wearing a bra should have some sluttiness penalty, but not an excessive one. Instead of disputing that here, we should be able to configure that as part of mod configuration.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
A bug fix for 39.3 role_sister.rpy line 677 should be
Python:
strip_list = the_person.outfit.get_half_off_to_tits_list()
The developer left outfit out of the line.
Also in file limited_time_events there are 4 errors on lines1389,1391,1395,1397 climax_option needs to be changed to climax_options
The developer left the s of the end.

Last edited:

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
In the base game she is at college during the day.
Have you used the phone to ask her where she is at?
Or is that not even available?
No I have access to the college. She is just gone. Not in the phone, don't show up at her room, not available as a model in the outfit designer. Any time a scripted event happens in which she is supposed to be there, there is no picture of her and the game repeatedly wants to crash.

There is a pretty decent chance of a bug in the coding of her event where she as if she can test serums for money. I have a save about 15 minutes before it happen and will see if I can reproduce the bug.

EDIT: It seems that the mod makers caught the error. After installing the latest bugfix and mod files, Lily no longer disappears.

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
No I have access to the college. She is just gone. Not in the phone, don't show up at her room, not available as a model in the outfit designer. Any time a scripted event happens in which she is supposed to be there, there is no picture of her and the game repeatedly wants to crash.

There is a pretty decent chance of a bug in the coding of her event where she as if she can test serums for money. I have a save about 15 minutes before it happen and will see if I can reproduce the bug.

EDIT: It seems that the mod makers caught the error. After installing the latest bugfix and mod files, Lily no longer disappears.
Try resetting her schedule in the console -
Python:
        lily.set_schedule(lily.home, times = [3])
        lily.set_schedule(university, days = [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], times = [1,2])

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
It dont work, i updated version with the game folder from here, game error. delete the mod. i willwait until the Mods are better. its sucks actually but its for free so i will not complain

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
It dont work, i updated version with the game folder from here, game error. delete the mod. i willwait until the Mods are better. its sucks actually but its for free so i will not complain
It do work.

At least if you grab the right set of files for the right version. And correctly follow installation directions. I just did this over again a few minutes ago and the game definitely runs.

If you are trying to mod the most recent release 0.39 (any patch level, currently 0.39.3, but also works with 0.39.1 or 0.39.2), the BETA here is working reasonably well. They are just getting the new mechanics fully working with the Mod's expanded storylines and sidequests, as I understand it. A couple of bugs around maybe but that's always the case for things like this, isn't it?

If you are downloading the stable release from here you have to base from the main game's 0.38 release.

Yes, you could wait until stable is 0.39. And then figure out how to install or use the "Full game download".

EDIT:

A bit after I posted this the beta was released as 0.39.3.1

So no longer need to wait!

Last edited:

BortBit

Aug 25, 2018
Went ahead and cleared my game and re-downloaded for 39.1. Loaded the Beta mod and bugfix files, and loaded an existing save.

Things worked fine until I had a scene with two or more characters. At that point, I still get the hard freeze near or about the end of the scene. In this case it was the research advancement stage where you need three employees. One volunteers and Steph says "Very Good." That's where the game freezes and I have to kill the program to get back to the desktop.

Not sure if that helps at all. I reckon I could try starting a fresh new game. Assuming at this point it's only happening with my game, so maybe it's a savegame issue.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Went ahead and cleared my game and re-downloaded for 39.1. Loaded the Beta mod and bugfix files, and loaded an existing save.

Things worked fine until I had a scene with two or more characters. At that point, I still get the hard freeze near or about the end of the scene. In this case it was the research advancement stage where you need three employees. One volunteers and Steph says "Very Good." That's where the game freezes and I have to kill the program to get back to the desktop.

Not sure if that helps at all. I reckon I could try starting a fresh new game. Assuming at this point it's only happening with my game, so maybe it's a savegame issue.
Well save games due to the amount of changes Vren makes in core code every time or not defining new definitions in old content are never transferable to a new version. That is one reason I really like the cheats in the mod, since you have to restart with each update. I passed over .37 and .38 for that reason. I may try out 39.

Maataras1

Nov 16, 2016
I've been having issues with the game freezing/crashing after assigning uniforms. Namely, when my employees load in for the first time after doing so. Tried New game, still happens. Tried deleting game, and re-downloading. Same thing. Traceback says this: AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'check_justfan_requirement'.
Any help/insight you can provide will be appreciated.

uiopuiop3112

Mar 17, 2020
I've been having issues with the game freezing/crashing after assigning uniforms. Namely, when my employees load in for the first time after doing so. Tried New game, still happens. Tried deleting game, and re-downloading. Same thing. Traceback says this: AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'check_justfan_requirement'.
same way

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
For some reason, the download link for the mod on the front page downloads a 0KB zip file.
Greetings All,
I got the same: the same is true if you try to download the zip through GitGub. the rest of the formats download correctly.
I used the .tar file and it worked like a charm.

Keep up the great work,
Minoin

Last edited:

BortBit

Aug 25, 2018
I'm wondering now if that's my issue.

I did start a new game and still had the issue happen, but one of the first things I did after starting the game was set a uniform. I don't recall seeing any error messages or logs get generated, but I reckon that's a reasonably easy test to run.

Edit: Well, I'll be damned. I unassigned the uniform and that resolved it. I can now progress with the old save.

Thanks for pointing that out, Maataras1 !

Last edited:
Reactions: Metalmania

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
I normally play with the Company Uniforms option enabled and kept getting the game freeze happen at varies times. One of the things I changed with my most recent playthrough was not turning that one. I was just happy the game was working without freezing, but it appears that others were having a similar issue. So if you are having issues with the game hard freezing, I suggest trying to play without using/assigning uniforms.

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
I normally play with the Company Uniforms option enabled and kept getting the game freeze happen at varies times. One of the things I changed with my most recent playthrough was not turning that one. I was just happy the game was working without freezing, but it appears that others were having a similar issue. So if you are having issues with the game hard freezing, I suggest trying to play without using/assigning uniforms.
I've been trying to help track this down with the modders. The hang bug was happening to me a lot, but very few other people were reporting or could confirm that it happens. Not with Company Uniforms though. For me it was just when trying to draw previews when hovering over the girls in the room list.

Trist (the modder I've been working with) suggested using the option to clean memory "Every Time Slot" instead of "Each Game Day" (in preferences).

Apparently it has a lot to do with how much memory the game has to work with (for Textures I think Trist said).

I have a hack that works but probably only for high memory systems:

game\Mods\Core\Mechanics\Image_Handlers\zip_manager.rpy
Following changes:
Replace line 13:
Code:
            self.max_items = 1000
And then re-enabled the commented out lines at the end of the file:
Code:
    if not config.debug:    # delays reload time (disable while debugging)
        zip_manager.preload()
Still stable at day 49 now.

Trist said that my hack crashes the game on his machine in short order since it runs out of mem, so not a good all around solution. My machine is pretty beefy with 32G ram, so your mileage may vary. His has only 8 (which is normally fine for such things).

So if you have 8 or less gigs or don't want to hack code, try Trist's recommendation:

Trist suggested using the option to clean memory "Every Time Slot" instead of "Each Game Day" (in preferences).

Last edited:

okrah

Jul 18, 2019
This mod has become a must have. Has there been any discussion about getting some of this code mainlined?

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes