4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

StaticSheep

Jan 6, 2018
TortoiseGIT is a decent client, but how to tell the masses how to interact with GIT??, I personally use VScode to basically do the same thing.
There is no need to tell the masses to use a git client, there are zip files for the most recent commit of the development branch. Unless you want to contribute to code, using a git client to download the development version is like using a .44 magnum to kill a fly.

Reactions: eldoen

Phoenix007

Apr 3, 2018
Most decent IDE's Have git integration anyway. Anything by JetBrains does, So does VS stuff too. Although I'd argue the UI of IntelliJ/Rider is a million times better than anything Microsoft has to offer. Also I'd argue that anyone aspiring to be anything more than someone that dabbles in occasional script should learn what a VCS is, and how to use it. (Git being the most popular)

Reactions: eldoen

eltarlo

May 25, 2017
Hi, I was wondering.

You will never integrate the mod mecanics into the game ? The features when you clic on a location on the map is the main reason why I'm not playing the game without mod.

Do we have any release date for the mod ?

th

test951

Jul 24, 2017
The beta linked in the first post is rather playable, if you are comfortable testing. I would say bugs are fewer and far in between now.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Using the beta branch 44.1, What's going on with the autosave?
That is deeper than the Mod or even the game itself, that is in part of the SDK that Labrats is built on.

I personally am just learning Python, but my guess is a file was locked during a rename step. and it didn't
happen and when it tried to create a new save it had the same name. the windows error is specific to creating
a new file in the system

that said, none of this area would be in the bugfix download or the mod download.

Only thing I could offer is reboot to see if it can resolve itself, or may have to clear the persistent saves

Edit::
did a little more digging, check in the games folder for saves folder
auto-##-LT1.save
where ## is a number 1 to 10
there should be no duplicates, if there is either rename it or delete one of them

there is also a persistant saves, that I don't fully understand yet,

El

Last edited:

ttipsigam

Jan 23, 2018
I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but several characters have their sluttiness increase quite rapidly without intervention: e.g., the sister has 22 core sluttiness on day 3 without meeting the main character (*or 30 on day 5)

Tungarth

Jun 19, 2018
I ran across a similar bug in the last version.

Deleting the autosaves did work, game afterwards started autosaving without issues.

Reactions: ttipsigam

Fondness

Jul 11, 2017
That is deeper than the Mod or even the game itself, that is in part of the SDK that Labrats is built on.

I personally am just learning Python, but my guess is a file was locked during a rename step. and it didn't
happen and when it tried to create a new save it had the same name. the windows error is specific to creating
a new file in the system

that said, none of this area would be in the bugfix download or the mod download.

Only thing I could offer is reboot to see if it can resolve itself, or may have to clear the persistent saves

Edit::
did a little more digging, check in the games folder for saves folder
auto-##-LT1.save
where ## is a number 1 to 10
there should be no duplicates, if there is either rename it or delete one of them

there is also a persistant saves, that I don't fully understand yet,

El
Okay yeah, I don't know if this will help you in your quest of understanding but what you said really helped. I checked the game/saves folder and noticed that auto-5-LT1 had a duplicate where it's a .TMP temporary file (specifically: auto-5-LT1.save.tmp) . I deleted that and it's all good now.

Kurvald

Sep 27, 2019
I feel like a lot of this is out of character for the game, specifically the non-consent aspects. Adding male renders is something I've considered, but tbh I'm not that interested in that. Exhibition reactions could be better suited in Vren's hands too. Tattoos are a fine suggestion, but it would be way too difficult to produce consistent looking renders. You can sort of send your family off to be prostitutes at the strip club
a strip club is not at all the same, there they just dance, in the dialogues it is clear that the main character himself prohibits going beyond the "framework" of dancing, and by the way, there are no random "events" on this score either, for example, you enter the club and see that the guys or one guy "sticks" to a waitress or a stripper, you can intervene, you can ignore it, you can support. To do something similar to how in a laboratory office when "you walk past the coffee machine and see girls quarreling or communicating with each other. As for the role of a prostitute, I do not know how to add it to a specific character, and whether it is possible at all. I only found a prostitute on the streets with a ready-made role, and got her a job in his club, she asked me if she could earn extra money in the club as he does on the street? The main character forbade this. You can do anything just outside the club. ". Or maybe I and other people want to open a Brothel) or convert the Strip Club into a Brothel in the future, with an appropriate event. It's much more fun)

Reactions: Le_Corrupteur

Fondness

Jul 11, 2017
Hello again. Would just like to point out that the Clone can suggest her mother for employment if you make her your employee and you have the sign up. It's a little immersion breaking, but I guess it's a small chance anyway so it wouldn't be a high priority to "fix".

0800vids

Apr 22, 2018
a strip club is not at all the same, there they just dance, in the dialogues it is clear that the main character himself prohibits going beyond the "framework" of dancing, and by the way, there are no random "events" on this score either, for example, you enter the club and see that the guys or one guy "sticks" to a waitress or a stripper, you can intervene, you can ignore it, you can support. To do something similar to how in a laboratory office when "you walk past the coffee machine and see girls quarreling or communicating with each other. As for the role of a prostitute, I do not know how to add it to a specific character, and whether it is possible at all. I only found a prostitute on the streets with a ready-made role, and got her a job in his club, she asked me if she could earn extra money in the club as he does on the street? The main character forbade this. You can do anything just outside the club. ". Or maybe I and other people want to open a Brothel) or convert the Strip Club into a Brothel in the future, with an appropriate event. It's much more fun)
Well maybe you should just learn a little bit of coding and do it yourself for you and all those people who want it that way =) Be a little proactive and help out, work on your vision of the game.
Maybe along the way you will even see how easy (or difficult) it is to implement some of the things you mentioned.

Reactions: uiopuiop3112

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I just remember the BDSM room at the strip club being an under the table brothel. Tbh I don't really care, but as someone else said, trying to make it yourself will get it done faster. Starbuck wants to focus on her characters, and the guy (Corrado pls come back) who did the strip club portion of the mod made it himself. Might be worth a shot ;)

0800vids

Apr 22, 2018
can i use the beta version of this mod for 0.44 ?
Yes, that is the version it was built for. In fact the current beta will probably work only with the 0.44.
Just be aware it really is a beta and will still have some bugs which you can report on the or the if you want to help.

Reactions: Ssato243

Kurvald

Sep 27, 2019
Well maybe you should just learn a little bit of coding and do it yourself for you and all those people who want it that way =) Be a little proactive and help out, work on your vision of the game.
Maybe along the way you will even see how easy (or difficult) it is to implement some of the things you mentioned.
I am close to the fantasies of such authors as: mypenname3000, Mr. Arioch. especially Arioch and his story "Listen to Jack" with his headphones, it's a pity that the story is not finished and is unlikely to be ever finished, if the authors of the mod read them they would find many different interesting ideas for themselves)). But you are right, everything rests on patience and the desire to do something, sometimes the author simply burns out to the project and gets boring.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes