4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
And... What it won't happen again after I update the mod or is this on me
Yeah sorry, just letting you know I'm pretty sure this is fixed in the latest version. We are constantly working on it, and I know its a pain to keep things up to do. Just looking at the commit history we've had about 10 updates / bugfixes in the last few days and I'm 95% this was one of them. Looking back through the commit history I don't THINK we've updated anything that requires anyone to start a new game in the last week or so, but it's always possible... sometimes Renpy is weird like that...

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
When I go to the page to buy policies (although I already have them all):
I'm sorry I haven't run into this bug. If you are running an older save that might be part of it. Unfortunately just about every new update cycle from Vren (EG 0.23.1, 0.24.1, 0.25.1, ETC) requires a fresh game start.

Rohise

Oct 7, 2018
Ain't been able to play for a while because my windows box bought the farm. using wine in ubuntu.
Anyway, going good until I got an event and now I have a perk of some kind (wasn't a thing last time I played) but when I go to check:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Would spoiler this shit so as to not take up so much space but I don't know how.

Last edited:

tozer21

Aug 30, 2017
I really miss the mods on Android. Whatever happened to the updates for them? Nothing since September. I remember seeing something about the version after the one that released in September having some issues with Android. Has anyone tried since? I tried playing with it using joiplay with no success.

Rohise

Oct 7, 2018
You can run it natively if you wish, the process is a bit wonky, but nothing difficult if you know how to edit file permissions.
I would run it natively but I keep getting an error about openGL.
EDIT: sod it all, I need to slow the hell down, this is what happens after the initial splash screen telling you it is loading shit.
And you know, I'm just gonna ask, how do I spoiler here?

Last edited:

Rohise

Oct 7, 2018
You can work around that by download Ren'py 7.3.5 and launching the game from within its launcher. It's not elegant, but it works.
You mean the SDK right?
To be honest, it's been about 7 years or so since I last did anything with any *nix distro (not the most tech savvy motherfucker and all I know came from /g/). So, if it ends up being a bust, I'm just gonna stick to wine until I can buy a new hard drive for my windows install. With that in mind, any tips for unfucking the thing I first posted? Also, how in the blazes does the spoiler tag work on this site? Son of a bitch, there is a dropdown for it.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
You mean the SDK right?
yea

With that in mind, any tips for unfucking the thing I first posted?
Perks had been in the mod for a while (right now they're used to implement toys you buy from Cara's shop and a few other things) The UI to view them is only in the very latest mod, so I jhad to update to it to actually see it, and then got a bunch of errors of my own, and then I finally got my game back into the working state, I actually didn't get the error you did. (I didn't start a new game.)

BTW, if you try to access the perk UI before the tutorial crisis fires, you get this:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9001, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9126, in script call
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9116, in script
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([chat_list,specific_action_list, special_role_actions]))
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 987, in advance_tutorial
    self.event_triggers_dict[tutorial_name] += 1 #advance our tutorial slot.
KeyError: u'perk_tutorial'
Another one is that same thing with someone not being where they're supposed to be (and in several places at once) on advancing time.
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9004, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9247, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 152, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 332, in script
    python:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 334, in <module>
    person.run_move(place)
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 373, in run_move_enhanced
    location.move_person(self, get_random_from_list(available_locations))
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3497, in move_person
    self.remove_person(the_person)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3493, in remove_person
    self.people.remove(the_person)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
I'll add my old hackaround, ugly as it is.
Code:
                # Line 373 replaced with this:
                try:
                except ValueError:
                    #removing ourselves from everywhere, adding ourselves back to location  then re-trying the original l.m_p
                    for potential_location in list_of_places:
                        if potential_location.has_person(self):
                            potential_location.remove_person(self)
                    location.add_person(self)

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
This is a stupid fix which I obviosly couldn't test, because I don't get that error, but:

/Mods/Perks/Perk_screen.rpy lines 145 on... Instead of
Code:
    $ perk_desc = perk_system.get_perk_desc(the_perk)
    zorder 100
put this.
EDIT: Turns out there's no try/except in screens...

Code:
    if not count:
        $ count = 2
    zorder 100
It's an extra dumb hack (partly because I don't know Python and its idea of when undefined names are OK and when they aren't and throw errors makes no sense to me, partly because that whole thing (with the variable coming from... somewhere, zero width if it's 1, and other weirdness) is just strange.

I hope the LZ_Starbuck or anyone else in the thread who actyually know what is going on and what they're doing can get you an actual fix.

Last edited:

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Ain't been able to play for a while because my windows box bought the farm. using wine in ubuntu.
Anyway, going good until I got an event and now I have a perk of some kind (wasn't a thing last time I played) but when I go to check:

Would spoiler this shit so as to not take up so much space but I don't know how.
Thanks, I think I have this fixed... the perk system is brand new the last couple weeks, and the UI screen was the last piece I worked on... and TBH, renpy screens are confusing as hell so there are probably more problems with the screen than I know about yet. I THINK I have this fixed and will push the fix for it later this morning.

Reactions: electricat

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
This is a stupid fix which I obviosly couldn't test, because I don't get that error, but:

/Mods/Perks/Perk_screen.rpy lines 145 on... Instead of
Code:
    zorder 100
put this.
EDIT: Turns out there's no try/except in screens...

Code:
    if not count:
        $ count = 2
    zorder 100
It's an extra dumb hack (partly because I don't know Python and its idea of when undefined names are OK and when they aren't and throw errors makes no sense to me, partly because that whole thing (with the variable coming from... somewhere, zero width if it's 1, and other weirdness) is just strange.

I hope the LZ_Starbuck or anyone else in the thread who actyually know what is going on and what they're doing can get you an actual fix.
The count variable was leftover from copying other code and was completely pointless so I deleted it. The error you are having with loading the perk screen with an existing save game is an issue I'm working to fix right now. I'm hoping to have a fix pushed later this morning. I'll update this post when I push it and the other fix for the count variable.

EDIT: Fixes for both bugs are posted now. I'm sorry I can't help with the Open GL issues, that's outside my expertise.

Last edited:
Reactions: electricat

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Not yet I saw the mod as once the game updates the mod updates I was asking for the next update
The mod is under constant development as is the bugfix, when errors are reported we try to fix them asap as well as adding new content. If you want to keep track of the changes go to:

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
The mod is under constant development as is the bugfix, when errors are reported we try to fix them asap as well as adding new content. If you want to keep track of the changes go to:
I reinstalled everything and I got this

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9061, in script
$ the_person.draw_person()
File "game/script.rpy", line 9061, in <module>
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 591, in draw_person_enhanced
the_animation = self.idle_animation
AttributeError: 'Person' object has no attribute 'idle_animation'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 591, in draw_person_enhanced

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.25.1
Thu Feb 13 21:25:57 2020

trying to solve it
do you know whats up?
I updated the version to 25.1 which hasn't reach here yet and still

Last edited:
Reactions: xbL4ckZ3n

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
OK NVM I realized the problem is with the new animation
I reinstalled everything and I got this

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.25.1
Thu Feb 13 21:25:57 2020

trying to solve it
do you know whats up?
I updated the version to 25.1 which hasn't reach here yet and still
OK NVM I realized the problem I'm having is in with the new animation mechanics I just needed to disable them in order for the game to function.
It took me like five reinstalments to realize (I'm a dumbass) but still

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
OK NVM I realized the problem is with the new animation

OK NVM I realized the problem I'm having is in with the new animation mechanics I just needed to disable them in order for the game to function.
It took me like five reinstalments to realize (I'm a dumbass) but still
Save games from older versions don't work, the 'animations' were added in v0.25, but cause many issues (incl. slow down and increased memory usage, constant temp file writing). That is why the bugfix makes sure to use the pre-v0.25 way of rendering an image (not completely, but as close as possible). As I said before, disable them, until they game dev makes them more stable, I don't like them personally so I have them disabled all the time.

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Save games from older versions don't work, the 'animations' were added in v0.25, but cause many issues (incl. slow down and increased memory usage, constant temp file writing). That is why the bugfix makes sure to use the pre-v0.25 way of rendering an image (not completely, but as close as possible). As I said before, disable them, until they game dev makes them more stable, I don't like them personally so I have them disabled all the time.
Let me add something extremely dumb the animations are bound by box and at the moment they look terrible

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes